** #2 SILSBEE vs #6 HARDIN-JEFFERSON Broadcast**/SILSBEE WINS 77-69

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="LOKI" post="1371847" timestamp="1360381305"]
Wonder if the outcome would have been different if HJ had Johnson ?  Not starting anything just asking.
[/quote]

Who knows, they had him for the first game and the outcome was the same.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Team Game" post="1371859" timestamp="1360383337"]
Sounds like The House cleaned up on all those Tigers -15+ bets.
[/quote]Not me, I predicted 9 or less :D

[quote name="Team Game" post="1371859" timestamp="1360383337"]
[/quote]

Haha....you are right.... all of those 15 point spreads. Great job Hawks, keep fighting...they were behind 10 after the first 20 after the second, and 20 after the third. I will give Silsbee credit, they have a great team and can pressure the ball as good as anyone. They are not unbeatable though, great game by both teams...I think I read in an earlier post someone bitching about the refs.... I think both games were called extremely equal. As far as the big lead, the hawks have to not play as aggressive as the tigers. They are simply not as deep. So foul trouble is a huge worry, that is why you see the big runs toward the end of the game....the hawks turned up the pressure. Holmes and Elam were outstanding as usual, just too much tonight for my Hawks.

Good luck to both teams during the playoffs...

Score by quarters

1          2          3          4            tot

Silsbee                  20        28          16        13            77
Hardin-Jefferson    10        18          16        25            69

Team stats

FT %

SIL        22/30    73%
HJ          19/25    76%

3 Point %

SIL          7/14    50%
HJ            6/22    27%

Rebounds

SIL            43
HJ              33

Turnovers

SIL            18
HJ              22

Fouls

SIL              22
HJ              20

Individual scoring

Silsbee

Chris Elam                    24 (6/10 FT)
Jordan Holmes              15 (4/6 3 pointers)
Patrick Reed                  12 (13 rebounds)
Davaughn Thomas        12 (12 rebounds)
Jake Dobbins                  6
Danti Wilson                    5
Zayon Jackson                2
Kendrick Scott                1

Hardin-Jefferson

Zjori Bosha                    28 (4/8 3 pointers)
Braiden Harmon            17
Dylan Mayes                  15 (14 rebounds)
Trammon Williams            3
Travis Stevens                  2
Ethan Cooper                    2
Sammy Mitchell                2

I said it once and I'll say it again. It's gonna be a Looooong time before Hj beats Silsbee again on the Varsity level. (10 + yrs or longer) Silsbee farm system is loaded!! Wos and Silsbee is now must see Tv....I think Hj new rivalry will be H.F, just like the old days

[quote name="Gucci" post="1371906" timestamp="1360389564"]
I said it once and I'll say it again. It's gonna be a Looooong time before Hj beats Silsbee again on the Varsity level. (10 + yrs or longer) Silsbee farm system is loaded!! Wos and Silsbee is now the game to see. I think Hj new rivalry will be H.F, just like the old days
[/quote]

::) ::) ::)

Silsbee graduates 80% of their current varsity team, your JV is pretty good but not great.  You beat HJ by 5-6 tonight and one of their starters was moved up to varsity, two others failed and two others were at the regional swimming meet.  And HJ 9th spank your 9th grade team.  HJ only loses Harmon off of the current team that plays significant minutes. 

HJ will be fine, and will compete with Silsbee just fine.  I predict an HJ win next year....in fact guarantee it!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1371910" timestamp="1360390045"]
Silsbee graduates 80% of their current varsity team, your JV is pretty good but not great.  You beat HJ by 5-6 tonight and one of their starters was moved up to varsity, two others failed and two others were at the regional swimming meet.  And HJ 9th spank your 9th grade team.  HJ only loses Harmon off of the current team that plays significant minutes. 

HJ will be fine, and will compete with Silsbee just fine.  I predict an HJ win next year....in fact guarantee it!!!!
[/quote]Hurry, Hurry!!!! Zeek needs the smelly salt so he can wake up.

IMO, this game was a mirror image of the first game. Silsbee jumps out to a lead, builds it to as much as 25, ends 3rd quarter leading by 20.

HJ comes out in 4th on fire, cutting lead down to 11 in first 2 minutes of 4th, get it down to 8 a couple of times, but just couldn't get any closer.

Basically the same as last time.

I find it very difficult to come away from this game disappointed. I mean, when you beat any HJ team by 8 and end up sweeping them in district, that's a very good thing!! Tigers should be very happy. But some came away from this game disappointed and I am not talking about HJ folks.

I admit, a part of me thinks that Silsbee is a 15-18 point better team than HJ, but a part of me also thinks that the results are the true indicator, that Silsbee is a 5-8 point better team than HJ. It is what it is.

All in all, sweeping your district rivals and a quality team like Hardin-Jefferson is a very good thing. We Tiger fans should be happy about that, regardless if it's a 20 or 1 point wins.

Silsbee has now defeated HJ 6 of last 7 and 10 of last 13 (77% win percentage). Tigers have now claimed an out right or co-district championship for 6 straight seasons. (co-champs '08, '09, '12, out right '10, '11, '13)

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1371896" timestamp="1360388313"]
[quote author=Team Game link=topic=109090.msg1371859#msg1371859 date=1360383337]
[/quote]

Haha....you are right.... all of those 15 point spreads. Great job Hawks, keep fighting...they were behind 10 after the first 20 after the second, and 20 after the third. I will give Silsbee credit, they have a great team and can pressure the ball as good as anyone. They are not unbeatable though, great game by both teams...I think I read in an earlier post someone bitching about the refs.... I think both games were called extremely equal.[b] As far as the big lead, the hawks have to not play as aggressive as the tigers. They are simply not as deep. So foul trouble is a huge worry, that is why you see the big runs toward the end of the game....the hawks turned up the pressure.[/b] Holmes and Elam were outstanding as usual, just too much tonight for my Hawks.

Good luck to both teams during the playoffs...
[/quote]

Good point Poppa.  The Tigers contributed with a few poor decisions in that quarter as well,  a missed dunk or two that should have been easy baskets adding to the lead early in the quarter as well as having the wrong person handling the ball too long.  These two teams have seen each other enough that after Bosha hit his first three of the quarter,  the players should have known not to leave him open for those other two that followed shortly thereafter.  A great job by Mays for HJ tonight, he did a real good job taking up some of the scoring load with the loss of Johnson and a good job on the boards.  One thing I hate to see from my Tigers is when then get tough like they did in the fourth and a bad pass or two are made or a call or two doesn't go our way,  you see a little bickering amongst themselves.  We to have a team leader step in at that time an calm the situation down.  Forget about what just happened play your defense and get the turnover or stop to make up for it.  You definitely have the ability to regain control you just have to stay calm and make the play. Overall for the rivalry this season,  we have had two good games.  The Tigers pretty well dominating for 6 quarters and HJ taking control of the other 2.  Now its time for both teams to focus on the the last district game and the playoffs. 

[quote name="Gucci" post="1371914" timestamp="1360390528"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=109090.msg1371910#msg1371910 date=1360390045]

[/quote]

Oh I am awake.  Wide awake.  Problem is I have to be at work in 6 and half hours!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1371918" timestamp="1360391056"]
[quote author=Gucci link=topic=109090.msg1371914#msg1371914 date=1360390528]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=109090.msg1371910#msg1371910 date=1360390045]

[/quote]

Oh I am awake.  Wide awake.  Problem is I have to be at work in 6 and half hours!!!!
[/quote]

I think HJ has a pretty good nucleus returning next year,  where the Tigers will have pretty much a new varsity.  But our JV was missing its top player tonight as well.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1371925" timestamp="1360391656"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=109090.msg1371922#msg1371922 date=1360391476]
Sorry Harmon and Stevens are the only starters that HJ will not have back.
[/quote]

I think you have to include Johnson, even though he is not on the team currently.
[/quote]

I said current team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder