HF is now playing a playoff w/ Orangefield for 3rd

bleed - don't be gettin all cozy with kenneth....  still mad you talked him out of making a gumbo bet with me this year.... ;D

This game between HF and OF should be a pretty hard fought game... second life for HF, who will probably play a little more relaxed... and probably a good thing for OF being that they have played a few games with several girls hurt..and will have one back...

Good Luck to both!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="hjhawks" post="1371332" timestamp="1360300487"]
bleed - don't be gettin all cozy with kenneth....  still mad you talked him out of making a gumbo bet with me this year.... ;D

This game between HF and OF should be a pretty hard fought game... second life for HF, who will probably play a little more relaxed... and probably a good thing for OF being that they have played a few games with several girls hurt..and will have one back...

Good Luck to both!
[/quote]

It would have been like taking candy from a baby.  ;D ;D ;D

I agree....I doubt they play.  From what I understand from a very good source, it was a paperwork error ....the player waited her 15 days and then some.  Whoever submitted the paperwork made an error.  We will see though....stranger things have happen .....11AM is the meeting.  Hopefully someone will let everyone know pretty quickly what is going on!!!

AND... the coach before Collazo was Aguilar. He left because his wife got a coaching or teaching position out of state. He resigned very late in the summer and that's how Collazo was chosen for his one year stint out of retirement. The coach before that resigned because of conflict with the AD at the time. To my knowledge no coach for the girls has left for greener pastures due to parental opinions posted on forums (at least in the past 6 yrs).

[quote name="bcpower" post="1371513" timestamp="1360341057"]
[b]UIL rules should rule.  She was ineligible the game should be forfieted.  What are we teaching our girls, its ok to cheat and win.[/b]  Orangfield does not want to play HF
[/quote]

Agreed. The world would be a better place if people would just do what is right. I feel for the BC and OF girls, but if the rule was broken then the appropriate actions should take place.

Just reported by the Orange Leader, Orangefield Lady Bobcats will represent 21-3A as the third place team. There will be no play in game for a tie breaker between OF and HF tonight. The Lady Bobcats will face Huffman Tuesday Night in the Bi District round at East Chambers High School.

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1371579" timestamp="1360347580"]
Not surprised.....  the right thing is slowly diminishing in this country....

[b]heard OF used  some type of loop hole...not sure of that accuracy, but if that was the case....sad[/b][/quote]

::) ::) I bet Coach Katie Sanders - a FIRST year head coach - knows all the loop holes.  ::)

Bridge City used a inelgible player who made a difference in the game and affected a district race yeah i'd say there should be a playoff If of could have beaten H-F the second game then this wouldnt even have been a issue would it bobcat if were going to talk about issues.

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1371579" timestamp="1360347580"]
Not surprised.....  the right thing is slowly diminishing in this country....

heard OF used  some type of loop hole...not sure of that accuracy, but if that was the case....sad
[/quote]

You guys are so funny...loop hole? really!!! HF fans need to get their facts straight!!! BC did not play an ineligible player, they did everything right on their end. She sat the required days and BC turned in all their paperwork on time. It was a clerical error that's why the committe voted unanimously to not have BC forfeit the game!!!

I'd like to sincerely apologize to all our forum Kittykats for defending and trying to fight for what's right for a group of girls who were just told yesterday they still had a chance at the playoff's. Clerical error or not it was still something that caught the attention of UIL. I could only imagine the hurt the girls felt today when they found out there shot was taken away from them. I could only imagine the uproar there would be if it were of in Hamshire's shoes.  ::)

[quote name="HFfan5" post="1371615" timestamp="1360353508"]
I'd like to sincerely apologize to all our forum Kittykats for defending and trying to fight for what's right for a group of girls who were just told yesterday they still had a chance at the playoff's. Clerical error or not it was still something that caught the attention of UIL. I could only imagine the hurt the girls felt today when they found out there shot was taken away from them. I could only imagine the uproar there would be if it were of in Hamshire's shoes.  ::)
[/quote]

Their "shot" was their game against BC, which was a loss.

Thanks apology accepted!!!

My beef wasn't with you though HFfan5, I feel for the kids and know a couple of kids on that team so my heart goes out to them. Bottom line they should have never been told there was a chance they would be playing again.

I was referring to the loophole comment by another poster!!! Orangefield was an innocent bystander in all of this and simply had to sit back and play the wait and see game. Whoever started the loophole rumor needs to really find out all the facts before posting something that's completely not true!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell