Opening at Hardin-Jefferson

Chasmack

Hahhahaahaha. School of hard knocks brother. My high school years were played under Steve Shaver and Finis Vanover at French High School. I was a starter on the 1984 State Championship team. They didnt care who you were, where you came from or who your daddy was. You either performed, or you didnt play. Thats all Im asking for. My kids play other sports and the only coach I have ever had a problem with is the one that blames his problems on the kids. This thread is the problem. Coaches looking on here and even HJ people are saying we dont have football talent. My argument is your wrong. We have plenty of talent. Plenty of kids that want to play. Ill bet that this next summer we have more boys than ever report to two-a-days just because they now think they will get a fair shot... The only thing our boys have learned on a football field is how to accept defeat... I hope guys like Coach Sutherlands brother out at EC puts in for this job, or Lance Dale. Guys that have taken a broken program and made a difference. Thats what we need. A good coach that wants to win more than make everyne happy. See this is what your accusing me of. Your all wrong. I dont agree with playing favorites, hometown boys sons and relatives. I believe the best 11 should be on the field. Thats wrong of me? Cant wait for your response...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1368541" timestamp="1359657005"]
m thinking somebody neds to ta an English class there Breathes and "what classes have you took"? I believe its taken...
[/quote]

Wow!!! Now you are the grammer police.
Is there anything you can't do?

[IMG]http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww340/Joshrothathan/grammar-police.png[/img]

By the way y'all were co champs  Odessa Permian 21, Beaumont French 21 (tie) is like kissing your sister

Oh!! one last thing, here are some quote's taken from the old coach website, and edelmon these are coach's not fans.

1. "Over on that setxsports website, you have a prime example of not wanting to take that job at HJ.

Listening to their parents cry and moan about their poor little Johnny's not getting a fair shake by the coaching staff.

Pisses me off."

2. "stay far,far away............BIG basketball school................ the head of uil was on the board there.....then their ad-head basketball coach............... big time golf program,too...."

3. "stay away from Hardin Jefferson.
A basketball school first and idiot parents abound in the football program, A lot of little Johnnys who do not get to play, parents always asking why.

Had a friend that coached there a few yrs back, he said Coach Martel was a saint, for sticking it out for as long as he had.

Just my 2 cents."

That is a few examples of your precious HJ football program, what coach's are saying

Not really, we didnt have the athlete's or the brains to even get into the playoffs so they said... Our line averaged 185 lbs. Kids couldnt pass. Good thing ol Shaver and Vanover didnt give up on us, take the easy road and say "awww why try, we aint got the athletes West Orange has"...

Fran!!!!!!!! You nailed it!!!!!! Only problem is when little johnny's parents call, Litte Johnny is getting to play even though there are better kids on the sidelines!!!!!!!! I want the same thing, tell those parents to go to hell!!!! Put your best 11 on the field, not your best 11 buddies kids!!!!!!!! Read my post dude, Im not gripping about my kids playing time. I told mine be the best and they cant deny you. There are 4 to 5 kids that stay after school in the weight room religously, two of them are mine. Is that what you call an off season program? I love talking to you Fran because you prove every pont I try to make. This is absolutely awesome!!!!!! Tell me something else...

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1368552" timestamp="1359658848"]
Fran!!!!!!!! You nailed it!!!!!! Only problem is when little johnny's parents call, Litte Johnny is getting to play even though there are better kids on the sidelines!!!!!!!! I want the same thing, tell those parents to go to hell!!!! Put your best 11 on the field, not your best 11 buddies kids!!!!!!!! Read my post dude, Im not gripping about my kids playing time. I told mine be the best and they cant deny you. There are 4 to 5 kids that stay after school in the weight room religously, two of them are mine. Is that what you call an off season program? I love talking to you Fran because you prove every pont I try to make. This is absolutely awesome!!!!!! Tell me something else...
[/quote]

What point!!! All you are griping about is coach's have kids playing in wrong positions and how "all that talent going to waste"

I am through now good luck with getting a experienced coach at HJ, sounds to me they are saying "No bueno"

[b]Job Description [/b] Direct and manage the overall program of extracurricular and intramural athletics for the district. Work to provide each student with opportunity to participate in an extracurricular athletic activity and ensure compliance with all state, University Interscholastic League and local requirements.

[b]Job Requirements [/b] [i]Master's Degree and valid Texas teaching certificate
Athletic Director experience preferred[/i]
Five years successful teaching and coaching experience

Taken off of the job listing on the THSCA coaches job board.....Its more than wins and losses there mr. edelmon...
Hey Fran, guess he's out of the running for this job.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bulldog16" post="1368565" timestamp="1359660434"]
[b]Job Description [/b] Direct and manage the overall program of extracurricular and intramural athletics for the district. Work to provide each student with opportunity to participate in an extracurricular athletic activity and ensure compliance with all state, University Interscholastic League and local requirements.

[b]Job Requirements [/b] [i]Master's Degree and valid Texas teaching certificate

Taken off of the job listing on the THSCA coaches job board.....Its more than wins and losses there mr. edelmon...
[/quote]

Wait bulldog!! Does running a successful pee wee football organization count. ;D ;D

Just got on the Old Coaches Website and was able to register to post on the forum. You are probably the one posting that crap under Rookiesomething or whatever. If I can register to post on there anyone can. You make it sound like only coaches or ex coaches can post on there. That means nothing accept haters can get on there and try to steer good coaches from wanting a job at a certain school. All I did as get on here and take up for the kids and let anyone know who is interrested in that job that there are good kids there and people that really do care about the program... That person registered today and his first post was about HJ parents. The same guy that reported me to the moderator yesterday... You... Go sell that crap to someone who will buy it...

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1368573" timestamp="1359661516"]
How old are you guys? I dont want the job, nor did I say David Martel was not a good AD, my post tell the story, [b]dont listen to parents[/b], dont play favorites, let your assistants assist, and by all means go in at halftime andmake adjustments...
[/quote]

Didn't you go meet with him face to face, yet you want a coach not to listen to parents????

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1368567" timestamp="1359660821"]
[quote author=bulldog16 link=topic=108568.msg1368565#msg1368565 date=1359660434]

[/quote]

Wait bulldog!! Does running a successful pee wee football organization count. ;D ;D
[/quote]
ummmm, no!!!!!!! I direct you to the part of the requirements that entail a teaching certificate and AD's experience.  Whether it's HJ, Orangefield, Jasper, Buna, Deweyville, etc... it's all the same.  People think that just because they win in pee wee, little league or little dribblers, they should win at the highschool level.  There are numerous factors that play into highschool competition.  You think that any coach who has a history of losing records at a school all of a sudden changes his philosophy, they have a few years of winning and that coach is now a genius? Same thing, a coach that has a history of winning, has a few losing seasons, now he's not a good coach anymore?  NO!!!! A coach has a philosophy and he sticks with it, win or lose.  It's the kids that are in the program is what wins or loses.  A good coach takes good talent and makes it great, a good coach takes average talent and makes it competitive.  As long as a coach can say they are doing right by the kids, can sleep at night.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1368569" timestamp="1359661232"]
Just got on the Old Coaches Website and was able to register to post on the forum. You are probably the one posting that crap under Rookiesomething or whatever. If I can register to post on there anyone can. You make it sound like only coaches or ex coaches can post on there. That means nothing accept haters can get on there and try to steer good coaches from wanting a job at a certain school. All I did as get on here and take up for the kids and let anyone know who is interrested in that job that there are good kids there and people that really do care about the program... That person registered today and his first post was about HJ parents. The same guy that reported me to the moderator yesterday... You... Go sell that crap to someone who will buy it...
[/quote]

anyone can register, but it is still a coach's website, hence the name old coach.
No my username is the same as it is here.
The majority that post over there are coach's, believe me they will weed out the ones that are not, if they get out of line.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1368580" timestamp="1359661897"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=108568.msg1368573#msg1368573 date=1359661516]
How old are you guys? I dont want the job, nor did I say David Martel was not a good AD, my post tell the story, [b]dont listen to parents[/b], dont play favorites, let your assistants assist, and by all means go in at halftime andmake adjustments...
[/quote]

Didn't you go meet with him face to face, yet you want a coach not to listen to parents????
[/quote]

I think he even told one coach "Your wrong"

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1368580" timestamp="1359661897"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=108568.msg1368573#msg1368573 date=1359661516]
[/quote]

[/quote] :o

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1368549" timestamp="1359658314"]
Not really, we didnt have the athlete's or the brains to even get into the playoffs so they said... Our line averaged 185 lbs. Kids couldnt pass. Good thing ol Shaver and Vanover didnt give up on us, take the easy road and say "awww why try, we aint got the athletes West Orange has"...
[/quote]
Bedelmon, you are such a piece of work that I went back and read all the posts on this thread.  You haven't shown yourself to be any smarter that I first thought you were, but one interesting point did surface.  You
played for Coach Steve Shaver at French? 
Steve was a runt of a freshman in high
school where I was a senior.  It was a small
high school and often we didn't suit up
enough players in practice to have two full
squads.  But Steve was there everyday
getting his little freshman butt run over
regularly.  I left and went off to college and I
next saw Steve when he was a senior at Sam
Houston State.  Boy, how he'd grown - I
mean REALLY grown.  At that party he came
up to me and casually asked, "Wayne, how
would you like to try to run over me now?"  I
was smart enough not to try it.  My point is,
if you played for Steve Shaver, I'm pretty
certain that he would be disappointed in your
ranting about the Head Football Coach and if
you were in uniform, he would probably slap
you us 'side your helmet and have a few choice words for you.  Just an observation on
how you are going about things there at H-J,
bedelmon. 8)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1368663" timestamp="1359671589"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=108568.msg1368549#msg1368549 date=1359658314]
[/quote]
Bedelmon, you are such a piece of work that I went back and read all the posts on this thread.  You haven't shown yourself to be any smarter that I first thought you were, but one interesting point did surface.  You
played for Coach Steve Shaver at French? 
Steve was a runt of a freshman in high
school where I was a senior.  It was a small
high school and often we didn't suit up
enough players in practice to have two full
squads.  But Steve was there everyday
getting his little freshman butt run over
regularly.  I left and went off to college and I
next saw Steve when he was a senior at Sam
Houston State.  Boy, how he'd grown - I
mean REALLY grown.  At that party he came
up to me and casually asked, "Wayne, how
would you like to try to run over me now?"  I
was smart enough not to try it.  My point is,
if you played for Steve Shaver, I'm pretty
certain that he would be disappointed in your
ranting about the Head Football Coach and if
you were in uniform, he would probably slap
you us 'side your helmet and have a few choice words for you.  Just an observation on
how you are going about things there at H-J,
bedelmon. 8)
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Gucci" post="1367858" timestamp="1359487652"]
HJ needs to hire TROY ESPRIT. This guy is a is the best candidate. Guarantee Troy will get the kids that can really ball off the streets and on the field. Hj's better player are in the stands or at BISD football game...lol- Hire Spree if you want to win now. They probably wont because they have Never had a Black football coach, Assistant or Head. You have to get the stronger minority kids from Cheek, China, Nome, and Sour Lake to play. Not just the rich kids from Pinewood.
[/quote]

I was coached by some damn good men at HJ and they just happened to be Black, your statement about never having a black football coach is wrong and misleading about HJ.

Really, a piece of work  because i refuse to believe our kids are the reason Martel couldnt win. Lazeek, you should be ashamed to believe that. Hope you guys enjoyed my post. Usedtobe, not even going to acknowledge you. Fran, l love you man. Ok, take care guys.

Guest Air Bisquit
This is a rumor from the old coach site. Has anyone from HJ heard this?

Rumor is, they are making the Basketball Coach the AD and promoting from within.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder