Opening at Hardin-Jefferson

Chasmack

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Scatright" post="1367720" timestamp="1359460408"]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=108568.msg1367707#msg1367707 date=1359433500]
I think Foreman deserves a shot...but I wouldn't expect him to go anywhere that there isn't much speed...and somewhere that football is second to basketball.
[/quote]

There is no speed at Liberty, and he wants that job.
[/quote]

You must not know Liberty very well then they have alot of speed and talent just need someone to shape up the program and get some discipline instilled in the kids and they will become successful but they have always had the athletes. Alot more speed there then HJ.

[quote name="cat001" post="1367811" timestamp="1359476318"]
[quote author=Scatright link=topic=108568.msg1367720#msg1367720 date=1359460408]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=108568.msg1367707#msg1367707 date=1359433500]
I think Foreman deserves a shot...but I wouldn't expect him to go anywhere that there isn't much speed...and somewhere that football is second to basketball.
[/quote]

There is no speed at Liberty, and he wants that job.
[/quote]

You must not know Liberty very well then they have alot of speed and talent just need someone to shape up the program and get some discipline instilled in the kids and they will become successful but they have always had the athletes. Alot more speed there then HJ.
[/quote]Liberty does not have great speed. Liberty lost some of their best players to other programs close by. The talented ones that stayed are graduating. Gonna be rough for Liberty the next 4 years. Rebuilding.

HJ needs to hire TROY ESPRIT. This guy is a is the best candidate. Guarantee Troy will get the kids that can really ball off the streets and on the field. Hj's better player are in the stands or at BISD football game...lol- Hire Spree if you want to win now. They probably wont because they have Never had a Black football coach, Assistant or Head. You have to get the stronger minority kids from Cheek, China, Nome, and Sour Lake to play. Not just the rich kids from Pinewood.

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1367604" timestamp="1359408753"]
This is stupid.... What he had to work with???? Thats crap!!!!! David Martel is a great AD. He was at every event he could fit into a day. Great family man, great kids, great role model, awesome track coach,  poor judge of football talent. Our youth program has been thriving for 12 or 13 years now. Playoffs every year in every division. I know there are lots of variables that come into play, but the athletes are here. Just started an off season workout program this past year, where has it been????? You will never have a successful football program without a serious off-season program. This is the problem. Too many people in this community are more concerned with who gets to play and how much they get to play just like little league. The program did better this year because of the athletes that are coming up. Nothing changed accept the kids. With Martel still at the helm, we would probably win two or three more district games this next year. Mark my words, if we get a defensive minded guy in here with no ties to this community, and changes our offense to some type of power, there's no telling how far these boys will go. It isnt the kids, it never has been... Great coaches + serious program = a successful program.. HJ's rogram has not been successful for 12 or 13 years now... Its time for a change and I welcome it...
[/quote][quote author=usedtobe link=topic=108568.msg1367609#msg1367609 date=1359410078]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=108568.msg1367604#msg1367604 date=1359408753]
This is stupid.... What he had to work with???? Thats crap!!!!! David Martel is a great AD. He was at every event he could fit into a day. Great family man, great kids, great role model, awesome track coach,  poor judge of football talent. Our youth program has been thriving for 12 or 13 years now. Playoffs every year in every division. I know there are lots of variables that come into play, but the athletes are here. Just started an off season workout program this past year, where has it been????? You will never have a successful football program without a serious off-season program. This is the problem. Too many people in this community are more concerned with who gets to play and how much they get to play just like little league. The program did better this year because of the athletes that are coming up. Nothing changed accept the kids. With Martel still at the helm, we would probably win two or three more district games this next year. Mark my words, if we get a defensive minded guy in here with no ties to this community, and changes our offense to some type of power, there's no telling how far these boys will go. It isnt the kids, it never has been... Great coaches + serious program = a successful program.. HJ's rogram has not been successful for 12 or 13 years now... Its time for a change and I welcome it...
[/quote]
Before you ascend let me try to instill some "calm down" therapy.  You are saying that "there's no telling how far these boys
will go."  I'll tell you now, that as long as H-J is in the district with WO-S you will not beat them.  And the same might be true about Silsbee, but I'm not as convinced about that.  So, there is SOME telling how far those boys will go.  Maybe as high as second place in football, or third place in football, or fourth place in football which would mean playoffs.  Now, that's a pretty good accomplishment considering recent football history.  Just chill a little bit, bedelmon and enjoy it when it happens. 8)
[/quote][quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=108568.msg1367629#msg1367629 date=1359413993]
[b]This is stupid.... What he had to work with???? Thats crap[/b]!!!!! David Martel is a great AD. He was at every event he could fit into a day. Great family man, great kids, great role model, awesome track coach,  poor judge of football talent. [b]Our youth program has been thriving for 12 or 13 years now. Playoffs every year in every division[/b]. I know there are lots of variables that come into play, but the athletes are here. Just started an off season workout program this past year, where has it been????? You will never have a successful football program without a serious off-season program. This is the problem. Too many people in this community are more concerned with who gets to play and how much they get to play just like little league. The program did better this year because of the athletes that are coming up. Nothing changed accept the kids. With Martel still at the helm, we would probably win two or three more district games this next year. Mark my words, if we get a defensive minded guy in here with no ties to this community, and changes our offense to some type of power, there's no telling how far these boys will go. It isnt the kids, it never has been... Great coaches + serious program = a successful program.. HJ's rogram has not been successful for 12 or 13 years now... Its time for a change and I welcome it...
[/quote]

The only thing wrong with your theory about youth football. You can not compare it to high school football.
Kids develop at different stages. Who cares about what happened in 11 and 12 yr old pee wee football.

HJ has a long way to go before they can consistantly compete for a playoff spot.
Sounds to me y'all have a parent problem.
Yes, he did the best he could with what he had to work with!!
[/quote][quote author=Scatright link=topic=108568.msg1367646#msg1367646 date=1359420504]
Always puzzles me when people expect pee wee success to equate to varsity wins. 
[/quote]

You guys are exactly right. You cant judge by their youth football career. But HJ lines up the incoming 7th graders in the locker room and tells them what position they will play by how they look and 99% of those kids are still playing that position in high school. So you professional football bloggers or experts tell me the difference between 6th and 7th grade so I will understand how this coach knows in the 7th grade that this kid will be a linebacker and this kid will be a running back by looking at his stature? In youth football, we judged kids by speed, aggressiveness, agility, knowledge, toughness etc. At HJ, we judge them by how they look, stature wise, in the 7th grade..... Remember your earlier quotes.......

[quote name="Gucci" post="1367858" timestamp="1359487652"]
HJ needs to hire TROY ESPRIT. This guy is a is the best candidate. Guarantee Troy will get the kids that can really ball off the streets and on the field. Hj's better player are in the stands or at BISD football game...lol- Hire Spree if you want to win now. They probably wont because they have Never had a Black football coach, Assistant or Head. You have to get the stronger minority kids from Cheek, China, Nome, and Sour Lake to play. Not just the rich kids from Pinewood.
[/quote]
I don't think the color of the skin of the football coach has anything to do with certain students participating in football at HJ. It has more to do with the work ethics of certain idividuals who felt that certain positions should be handed to them, that in no way should thay be made to compete with other athletes for these positions.

To make a statement that a certain person wouldn't get the job due to the color of his skin is what makes these topics turn ugly and end up having to have the admins lock them. Just keep your race-baiting comments to yourself. 

[quote name="Chasmack" post="1367865" timestamp="1359489302"]
[quote author=Gucci link=topic=108568.msg1367858#msg1367858 date=1359487652]
[/quote]
I don't think the color of the skin of the football coach has anything to do with certain students participating in football at HJ. It has more to do with the work ethics of certain idividuals who felt that certain positions should be handed to them, that in no way should thay be made to compete with other athletes for these positions.

To make a statement that a certain person wouldn't get the job due to the color of his skin is what makes these topics turn ugly and end up having to have the admins lock them. Just keep your race-baiting comments to yourself.
[/quote]Hire Troy Esprit!! 

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1367863" timestamp="1359488429"]
[/quote][quote author=usedtobe link=topic=108568.msg1367609#msg1367609 date=1359410078]
[/quote]
Before you ascend let me try to instill some "calm down" therapy.  You are saying that "there's no telling how far these boys
will go."  I'll tell you now, that as long as H-J is in the district with WO-S you will not beat them.  And the same might be true about Silsbee, but I'm not as convinced about that.  So, there is SOME telling how far those boys will go.  Maybe as high as second place in football, or third place in football, or fourth place in football which would mean playoffs.  Now, that's a pretty good accomplishment considering recent football history.  Just chill a little bit, bedelmon and enjoy it when it happens. 8)
[/quote][quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=108568.msg1367629#msg1367629 date=1359413993]
[b]This is stupid.... What he had to work with???? Thats crap[/b]!!!!! David Martel is a great AD. He was at every event he could fit into a day. Great family man, great kids, great role model, awesome track coach,  poor judge of football talent. [b]Our youth program has been thriving for 12 or 13 years now. Playoffs every year in every division[/b]. I know there are lots of variables that come into play, but the athletes are here. Just started an off season workout program this past year, where has it been????? You will never have a successful football program without a serious off-season program. This is the problem. Too many people in this community are more concerned with who gets to play and how much they get to play just like little league. The program did better this year because of the athletes that are coming up. Nothing changed accept the kids. With Martel still at the helm, we would probably win two or three more district games this next year. Mark my words, if we get a defensive minded guy in here with no ties to this community, and changes our offense to some type of power, there's no telling how far these boys will go. It isnt the kids, it never has been... Great coaches + serious program = a successful program.. HJ's rogram has not been successful for 12 or 13 years now... Its time for a change and I welcome it...
[/quote]

The only thing wrong with your theory about youth football. You can not compare it to high school football.
Kids develop at different stages. Who cares about what happened in 11 and 12 yr old pee wee football.

HJ has a long way to go before they can consistantly compete for a playoff spot.
Sounds to me y'all have a parent problem.
Yes, he did the best he could with what he had to work with!!
[/quote][quote author=Scatright link=topic=108568.msg1367646#msg1367646 date=1359420504]
Always puzzles me when people expect pee wee success to equate to varsity wins. 
[/quote]

You guys are exactly right. You cant judge by their youth football career. But HJ lines up the incoming 7th graders in the locker room and tells them what position they will play by how they look and 99% of those kids are still playing that position in high school. So you professional football bloggers or experts tell me the difference between 6th and 7th grade so I will understand how this coach knows in the 7th grade that this kid will be a linebacker and this kid will be a running back by looking at his stature? In youth football, we judged kids by speed, aggressiveness, agility, knowledge, toughness etc. At HJ, we judge them by how they look, stature wise, in the 7th grade..... Remember your earlier quotes.......
[/quote]

Seems to me since you know what is best for HJ, you ought throw your hat in the ring, Maybe with all that youth coaching experience you have, it will serve you well at the hs level.

[quote name="Gucci" post="1367885" timestamp="1359495117"]
[quote author=Chasmack link=topic=108568.msg1367865#msg1367865 date=1359489302]
[quote author=Gucci link=topic=108568.msg1367858#msg1367858 date=1359487652]
[/quote]

[/quote]Hire Troy Esprit!!
[/quote]

Does Esprit have his teaching certification? Just asking, that is required by the state, not unless he would want to get paid aid pay and be the head coach. He would make around $20k that way.Not sure if anyone would do that.

[quote name="caneyhead" post="1367962" timestamp="1359509918"]
Is there any chance HJ will hire from within ?
[/quote]

Clint Hartsfield?

Still somewhat inexperienced as a head coach, but he did reach a state championship game and kids have always played hard for him.

If they don't want to do that they should look for one of the perennial playoff-contending flag or pee wee coaches to continue their success at the high school level.

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1368144" timestamp="1359553136"]
[quote author=caneyhead link=topic=108568.msg1367962#msg1367962 date=1359509918]
Is there any chance HJ will hire from within ?
[/quote]

Clint Hartsfield?

Still somewhat inexperienced as a head coach, but he did reach a state championship game and kids have always played hard for him.

If they don't want to do that they should look for one of the perennial playoff-contending flag or pee wee coaches to continue their success at the high school level.
[/quote] HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA Well Time to show us what your made of youth coaches!!!!

You guys are funny. I realize youth sports have nothing to do with High School sports. My point is your exact point, how can you say in the 7th grade what a kid is going to do as a freshman, or senior? Thats what we have been doing here..... I understand that posting something on here, I'm subject to your ridicule and twisting of my words, and I realize you guys have nothing better to do than get on here than badger people . I have 2 boys that play football for HJ and take offense when you say "he did the best with what he had to work with". He has had plenty to work with.

* Mod Edit - no personal attacks. *

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1368213" timestamp="1359564332"]
You guys are funny. I realize youth sports have nothing to do with High School sports. My point is your exact point, how can you say in the 7th grade what a kid is going to do as a freshman, or senior? Thats what we have been doing here..... I understand that posting something on here, I'm subject to your ridicule and twisting of my words, and I realize you guys have nothing better to do than get on here than badger people [b][b] I have 2 boys that play football for HJ and take offense when you say "he did the best with what he had to work with". He has had plenty to work with.[/b][/b]
[/quote]

I could give a rats rear end to what you take offense to..
I will stand by what I said, Coach Martel and his staff did the best they could with what they had to "work with"
To come on here and pretend you know what or implying you know what is best for the program is laughable.

Question, Are you one of the parents who stand outside the field house glad handing the coaching staff after games and telling them what a great job they are doing?

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1368220" timestamp="1359565577"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=108568.msg1368213#msg1368213 date=1359564332]
You guys are funny. I realize youth sports have nothing to do with High School sports. My point is your exact point, how can you say in the 7th grade what a kid is going to do as a freshman, or senior? Thats what we have been doing here..... I understand that posting something on here, I'm subject to your ridicule and twisting of my words, and I realize you guys have nothing better to do than get on here than badger people [b][b] I have 2 boys that play football for HJ and take offense when you say "he did the best with what he had to work with". He has had plenty to work with.[/b][/b]
[/quote]

I will stand by what I said, Coach Martel and his staff did the best they could with what they had to "work with"
To come on here and pretend you know what or implying you know what is best for the program is laughable.
So you resort to cut downs about bycycle seats and massengill.

Question, Are you one of the parents who stand outside the field house glad handing the coaching staff after games and telling them what a great job they are doing?

[/quote]

No, I dont do that... I am the one sitting in the stands pissing off all the other people that accept mediocrity from their football coach. I am the one that goes to the AD's face and says "your wrong" we have athletes here at HJ. We proved it this year by being in every game we played. Nothing in the program changed, only the kids. So you being from Silsbee knows what is best for our program? Thats laughable. His staff???? The ones that care, had their hands tied! . I havent missed an HJ game or practice in 2 years so yes, I probably do know a little more about what goes on in this program than you. Thanks for your input though hopefully our community will NOT take it into consideration...

* Second warning- you don't take hints well do you? *

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1368235" timestamp="1359568872"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=108568.msg1368220#msg1368220 date=1359565577]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I dont do that... [b]I am the one sitting in the stands pissing off all the other people that accept mediocrity from their football coach. I am the one that goes to the AD's face and says "your wrong" we have athletes here at HJ[/b]. We proved it this year by being in every game we played. Nothing in the program changed, only the kids. So you being from Silsbee knows what is best for our program? Thats laughable. His staff???? The ones that care, had their hands tied! . I havent missed an HJ game or practice in 2 years so yes, I probably do know a little more about what goes on in this program than you. Thanks for your input though hopefully our community will NOT take it into consideration...

[/quote]
I see, you are one of those type of fans, thinking they know what is best for the program.
Telling a coach "your wrong" I bet he loses a lot of sleep at night, thinking he is wrong ::) ::)
Whether I am from Silsbee or not does not make a difference.

I get upset when fans think they know more than a coach, who has put in time and effort with kids.
Do you know how much time a coach puts into his profession? More hours than I am willing to.

Whether you go to all the practices and all the games does not make you a expert.

I am sure you were a youth football guru, maybe you need to stick with that, or go get your degree and start coaching the big boys where you can implement your beliefs into the mighty Hawk program.

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1368235" timestamp="1359568872"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=108568.msg1368220#msg1368220 date=1359565577]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I dont do that... I am the one sitting in the stands pissing off all the other people that accept mediocrity from their football coach. I am the one that goes to the AD's face and says "your wrong" we have athletes here at HJ. We proved it this year by being in every game we played. Nothing in the program changed, only the kids. So you being from Silsbee knows what is best for our program? Thats laughable. His staff???? The ones that care, had their hands tied! . I havent missed an HJ game or practice in 2 years so yes, I probably do know a little more about what goes on in this program than you. Thanks for your input though hopefully our community will NOT take it into consideration...

[/quote]
As far as I know, I don't know you and you don't know me - personally, I'm talking about.  But after reading your early posts I just thought you were a pompous-ass.  Now you have elevated yourself to another level.  I seriously doubt the veracity of your claim
to have attended EVERY PRACTICE FOR THE
PAST 2 YEARS.  Logically, there are several
reasons for my doubt.  Some of those practices had to have been in foul weather,
whether it be cold or rain, and you were
there.  Some of those practices were
probably moved indoors because of really
foul weather - and you moved indoors with
them.  I would be willing to wager that not all of the last two year's team members can make that assertion.  Unless you were a team member or an assistant coach it is highly inconceivable that you attended every practice for the past two years.  But, since there isn't a teacher taking roll at practices, I can't substantiate my suspicions - but, neither can you.  Me suspects that you are as big a hoax at BarackO. ::) 8)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="time" post="1368281" timestamp="1359577568"]
What do you mean the ones that cared had their hands tied.
[/quote]

I guess he is implying that some of the coach's did not care about the program at HJ. Which I find hard to believe.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin