Top High School Pitchers in SETX 2013

Vidor has 9 good one this seasons, I will give the top 4 , Johnboy Smith- a great athelete, 86+fb, smart pitcher( intimidating on the bump). Nick Foshee. 85+ fb, 6,4" maybe 5", add the Bump, it looks the ball is coming from the center feild light pole, Smart Baseball player. Colby Schiralla, "Lights Out", he may never see the bump because his catching is so good. Nicks, not so little brother, Eric (Big Easy) Foshee, God given talent we all dream about, he is a freak. 88+ and im being conservative. And, yes And, Vidor has 5 others that can pitch as well. 9 Pitchers. Thats my count. I feel confident any of those 9 can win a game, I can't think of a season that Vidor had so much pitching. Could be the Year of the Pirates, cause you know Coach Green likes pitching.

[quote name="Tideman99" post="1364256" timestamp="1358388056"]
Vidor has 9 good one this seasons, I will give the top 4 , Johnboy Smith- a great athelete, 86+fb, smart pitcher( intimidating on the bump). Nick Foshee. 85+ fb, 6,4" maybe 5", add the Bump, it looks the ball is coming from the center feild light pole, Smart Baseball player. Colby Schiralla, "Lights Out", he may never see the bump because his catching is so good. Nicks, not so little brother, Eric (Big Easy) Foshee, God given talent we all dream about, he is a freak. 88+ and im being conservative. And, yes And, Vidor has 5 others that can pitch as well. 9 Pitchers. Thats my count. I feel confident any of those 9 can win a game, I can't think of a season that Vidor had so much pitching. Could be the Year of the Pirates, cause you know Coach Green likes pitching.
[/quote]

any of these nine good ones juniors  looking for pitching

[quote name="Tideman99" post="1364256" timestamp="1358388056"]
[/quote] GREEN - REX- GRAY..Vidors biggest weapons with the talent they have year end year out....Sounds like Vidor has a lil something this year..

20-4A:

Ashworth - Best Pitcher (would take him in single game above all others)
Foshee - Most Potential (6'3" junior with 88+ arm and in 3rd year of varsity ball)
Chambers / White - Best LHP's (more size and velocity from White but Chambers defines crafty)
Humphrey / J. Smith - Most Intimidating Pitchers (both are at least 6'3" 210 and can run it up near 90)

Lantrip & Sanderson also deserve to be mentioned here, just not sure where they fit in

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="BaseBow" post="1364327" timestamp="1358416576"]
[quote author=Tideman99 link=topic=108304.msg1364256#msg1364256 date=1358388056]
[/quote] GREEN - REX- GRAY..Vidors biggest weapons with the talent they have year end year out....Sounds like Vidor has a lil something this year..
[/quote]then why can't they win a first round playoff series w all this talent they have year in and year out?  Coaching?

[quote name="bulldog16" post="1367690" timestamp="1359428907"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=108304.msg1364327#msg1364327 date=1358416576]
[quote author=Tideman99 link=topic=108304.msg1364256#msg1364256 date=1358388056]
[/quote]then why can't they win a first round playoff series w all this talent they have year in and year out?  Coaching?
[/quote]

That's not very nice. Can't we just let everyone talk about their own team and keep this positive.

From 20-2A:

Justin Twine, Jr., Hemphill; low to mid nineties with his fastball, very consistent

Torin Hickman, Sr., Woodville; high eighties to low nineties fastball, very sharp breaking stuff

Trent Daniels, Jr., Woodville; low eighties fastball and great breaking stuff

Chase Gray, Sr., Warren; high seventies/low eighties fastball, very consistent

Dylan Watts, Sr., Warren; low eighties fastball, a little wild, but tough to hit when he's on

Not really sure about Corrigan-Camden, Newton, or Kirbyville.

[/quote] I think the coaching is the best Vidor has ever had, Vidor has never had the amount of talent at the Varisity level before, as far as pitching, IMO. Fourth seed playoff births usally mean lack of pitching.  Another reason, IMO ,is training before high school, Vidor is finally starting to see the "Select kids" who are trained in the fundemantals before they get to High school and have played in alot games, against good competition. Every Starter on that team has played Hundreds of Games, maybe more, and coach by professional coaches. High School is simply; the time to show off what you have been working your tail at all summer and fall. Hopefully, the underclassmen and Jr high kids are doing the same. Its been along time coming for Vidor to get some braggin rights around here. A 5 year run would be SWEET.

[quote name="Tideman99" post="1367840" timestamp="1359482089"]
[quote author=bulldog16 link=topic=108304.msg1367690#msg1367690 date=1359428907]
[/quote] I think the coaching is the best Vidor has ever had, Vidor has never had the amount of talent at the Varisity level before, as far as pitching, IMO. Fourth seed playoff births usally mean lack of pitching.  Another reason, IMO ,is training before high school, Vidor is finally starting to see the "Select kids" who are trained in the fundemantals before they get to High school and have played in alot games, against good competition. Every Starter on that team has played Hundreds of Games, maybe more, and coach by professional coaches. High School is simply; the time to show off what you have been working your tail at all summer and fall. Hopefully, the underclassmen and Jr high kids are doing the same. Its been along time coming for Vidor to get some braggin rights around here. [b]A 5 year run would be SWEET.[/b][/quote]

How dare you say that?  Everyone knows that is not possible, because Nederland always has the best underclassmen year in and year out.  How dare you count them out!!

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1367825" timestamp="1359479438"]
From 20-2A:

Justin Twine, Jr., Hemphill; low to mid nineties with his fastball, very consistent

Torin Hickman, Sr., Woodville; high eighties to low nineties fastball, very sharp breaking stuff

Dylan Watts, Sr., Warren; low eighties fastball, a little wild, but tough to hit when he's on

[/quote]

Had a gun on Twine multiple times this past off season (June 2012, Jul 2012, Sep 2012) & he does not pitch low to mid 90's but rather he sits at 86-87 consistantly just touching 89 0n 4 occasions when I scouted him. He will put on more veolcity for sure but he's not there yet unless it just happened in the last 45 days.

[/quote]

I wouldn't pin their inability to win playoff games solely on coaching. I'm sure all three of those guys will take some of the blame for the team not getting it done in the postseason but thats what competitors do, take responsibility and dont deflect. However, I believe coaching has played a very minimal role in not making it to the next round. In two of the five years the Pirates made the playoffs, they played a best of three series and in both of those years they lost in the third game. Sometimes the ball just doesn't fall for you and sometimes you're just outplayed or outmatched. These teams in the past have relied heavily on very good defense, throwing strikes, and not beating themselves. With the exception of Maxwell in 2011, I cant remember the last time (if ever) Vidor had even one guy throwing 88+, much less two, and they surely have not had 5-6 guys throwing 84+ on the same squad. The Pirates have historically struggled to push runs across the plate and have had a hard time winning high scoring affairs against the better teams in the district. I point this out to say that this is the first year the Pirates have had two of the best five pitchers in the district in Smith and Foshee and therefore this team should be better situated to keep opponents' runs totals down, thus keeping them in more games. IMO if the Pirates offense is better than average (unlike last year) and they are able to carry it into the playoffs, this team will be playing past the first weekend. And then the coaching staff will deserve their due credit, just as they have received their share (or more) of criticism over the past few years.

[quote name="BobcatBaseball8" post="1368164" timestamp="1359557435"]
What about Haydin Guidry? .64 ERA 100Ks last year
[/quote]

Without a doubt the bet returning pitcher in SETX..... Stats don't lie and he pitched against quality teams.... Wasn't his record like 10-1 or something like that?

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1367825" timestamp="1359479438"]
From 20-2A:

[/quote]

Last years numbers:

Chase Gray,  2.73 ERA, 41 innings pitched, 32 BB, 41 SO

Dylan Watts,  2.79 ERA, 52.2 innings pitched, 24 BB, 55 SO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine