TO ALL POSTERS---------NOT ABOUT FOOTBALL------------read below

skipper

Gun Laws Have To Get More Strict Too Easy For A psychopath to get his hand on multiple guns 20 young kindergarten kids killed for absolutely no reason...my heart goes out to the community...and may the kids rest in peace tragic situation so close to Christmas ...neva forget to,remind ya love ones everyday that you love them

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="baddog" post="1355079" timestamp="1355521454"]
There is no law that man can come up with to prevent things like this from happening.
[/quote]

Perhaps not.  But maybe increasing the security at our public teaching facilities may be a start in discouraging individuals from walking into buildings easily with sinister plans on their minds?

Holding people responsible for their actions instead of being worried about how they were misreated as a child and and letting the pc police run amok. Wouldnt hurt to have a hangin on the town square and let people know whats in store for them when they needlessly hurt others! JMO!

[quote name="77" post="1355087" timestamp="1355523546"]
Holding people responsible for their actions instead of being worried about how they were misreated as a child and and letting the pc police run amok. Wouldnt hurt to have a hangin on the town square and let people know whats in store for them when they needlessly hurt others! JMO!
[/quote]

I like the way you think. Seriously, if we were to try and legislate this away, gun ownership and/or control is not where to start. The man was considered "MENTALLY DISTURBED", maybe we should start there. Too many shrinks think they can control behaviors with medication....even psychotics.

Maybe we should discuss this on another thread, but I believe everyone is looking for answers, and most of them have too many loose ends.

[quote name="77" post="1355087" timestamp="1355523546"]
[/quote]

BINGO !!!!!!!!!!

Also prayers for the first responders in this. The police, fire, ems that had to endure 5 and 6 year old children shot to death laying lifeless in front of them. Sorry for being so graphic, but this incident is going to mess up alot of people. I've seen child deaths before in my line of work and you never forget the scenes. Very sad for everyone in that community. Words can't express all of the thoughts going through each Americans minds right now. This has to be the worst crime in American history!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1354999" timestamp="1355510694"]
Sad tbat it have came to shooting children, the same ones we're are supposed to be protecting by instinct.  This is the type of thing than makes some including myself think twice about planting a seed in this cruel world.  Prayers sent to these kids and their loved ones...
[/quote]A tragedy no doubt but have faith and plant the seed.............a true blessing from the Almighty

Guest ECBucFan
This world collectively, and this formerly great nation in particular, has TURNED ITS BACK ON GOD. Evil is now rampant, and immorality and violence reigns. God have mercy on us, especially the children.  :'(

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1355119" timestamp="1355531036"]
This world collectively, and this formerly great nation in particular, has TURNED ITS BACK ON GOD. Evil is now rampant, and immorality and violence reigns. God have mercy on us, especially the children.  :'(
[/quote]
Well said my friend, well said.

[quote name="PAMFAM10" post="1355075" timestamp="1355521025"]
Gun Laws Have To Get More Strict Too Easy For A psychopath to get his hand on multiple guns 20 young kindergarten kids killed for absolutely no reason...my heart goes out to the community...and may the kids rest in peace tragic situation so close to Christmas ...neva forget to,remind ya love ones everyday that you love them
[/quote]Stricter gun laws is not the answer they'll just use something else ! ::)

[/quote]

Yessir.  Very sad and very destructive.

[/quote]
Hmmm.. Well God is the one that allowed this to happen right? I'll give your next answer..... He gives us free will.. To which I say, those children had no free will..

Not looking for a debate but I think it's a bit arrogant to think that we as a species pissed off a deity who wants to now punish us.. Believe whatever you want, but don't lie to people and shadow the truth. Which is that a mentally disturbed man with asperger's got a hold of guns and did something terrible. This country needs to start taking mental health a little more seriously. More funding, more research, stricter practice guidelines. And lastly it's about individuals. As Michael Berry says, "if you see something, say something." people around this individual should've seen some signs, especially the mother. I'll step down now, but let's not sit here and say that this has something to do with God. It has to do with mental health and gun access...

My thoughts are with the victims families and I hope they find peace however they can.

Guest ECBucFan
You say you are not looking for debate, neither am I. You are "free" to believe what you want to, but so am I.

This declining world will do what is does, [i]But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.[/i]

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1355475" timestamp="1355603546"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=107488.msg1355119#msg1355119 date=1355531036]
[/quote]
Hmmm.. Well God is the one that allowed this to happen right? I'll give your next answer..... He gives us free will.. To which I say, those children had no free will..

Not looking for a debate but I think it's a bit arrogant to think that we as a species pissed off a deity who wants to now punish us.. Believe whatever you want, but don't lie to people and shadow the truth. Which is that a mentally disturbed man with asperger's got a hold of guns and did something terrible. This country needs to start taking mental health a little more seriously. More funding, more research, stricter practice guidelines. And lastly it's about individuals. As Michael Berry says, "if you see something, say something." people around this individual should've seen some signs, especially the mother. I'll step down now, but let's not sit here and say that this has something to do with God. It has to do with mental health and gun access...

My thoughts are with the victims families and I hope they find peace however they can.
[/quote]

i'm no holy roller nor do i read the bible like i'm supposed to. i'm not going to force religion on anyone,but do you find it just a little strange at the events that are going on in the world and how they correlate with the bible?? i'm a paramedic and i work in a level 1 trauma center for a total of 17 years. i have seen it all. i remember growing up(i will be 38 in a couple of weeks) when you got your butt whipped for acting out. now they want to dope our kids up and later in life it screws with them when they choose to get off the meds. people can't always see the signs. a good example of that was last week when that guy in oregon shot up the mall. his ex said she just talked to him and he had a paid plane ticket to hawaii with no indication what he was going to do.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1355475" timestamp="1355603546"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=107488.msg1355119#msg1355119 date=1355531036]
[/quote]

[/quote]

This is true,but,I think it is very fair to say that over the past 20 years, we have seen a systemic devaluation of God from our society.  Especially at school.  We forget we are a country built on Christian principles, yet, in a lot of schools, you cannot even say "under God" when you recite the pledge.  I do not think this tragedy is God getting revenge, but, rather, the values of where we stand as individuals are declining.  We don't care that our youth are growing up playing Black Ops, but, how dare we allow them to pray in school.  I think this is a major reason why you are seeing things like this happen.  Stuff like this did not happen 20-30+ years ago.  But back then, we could actually say a prayer before a football game without it being some sort of discrimination against atheists, or Muslims, or Buddhists.

[quote name="77" post="1355691" timestamp="1355676322"]
Where are all the relegion haters now? I have seen many polotitians on tv on school property and even in DC saying to pray for families and friends even the pres. qouted scripture from the bible and I saw a priest on school property. Why are they not all over tv telling us how thats wrong?  I personally  believe the media focus to much on the shooter and not enough on the victims giving that next nut case ideas of how to become famous! jmo
[/quote]
Now is not the time for political/religious wars. I guess that would be my best guess as to why the specific things you referred to havent been discussed. It's "politicians" (not polotitians) and they have every right to pray for whomever they choose. I don't really understand why religion was ever brought into this in the first place? It's as if anything bad that happens in this world is because we aren't religious enough. The United States is among (if not at the top) the most religious countries. You don't hear about these types of crimes in many other countries like you do in the U.S. So if anything, these heinous crimes occur more in ultra-religious countries than in those that aren't, such as England. As for the Newtown shooting, I don't see religion as a factor in any of this. I see mental illness and the lack of attention to it by his family, his doctor, and people around him. People have every right to pray or seek God in a time like this, but I will agree that priests on any public school property should be viewed with contempt as it is against the law.

God bless those childen and those families. Hard to stop a suicide bomber. I wanna know where the school security was? How did he get access to those children? That's the root of the problem...you change all the sickos from attempting to ply their craft no matter what you do. He/they should not be able to get into that school that easy.

godogs you said a poster said God turned his back on our nation, post said we turned our back on God . btw ,its not a diety,like one of many
He is the diety.  some people are just broke, if violence is in there mind there is nothing to stop this, to predict when or where one sick person might act in such a manner. pray for mercy,forgiveness,peace and strive to keep our children safe and morally sound. teach your kids to be
gun safe, careful when driving-not texting,these things too can kill,  2,500 hundred such cases in texas this year related to deaths. imo, God
is not punishing children for our narrow views and or lack of values, rendering judgement on the innocent, not that he wouldnt be just in judging those who have forsaken the laws of this christian nation and of His word, but the broke , sick minded people,lost without God commit such cowardice acts of their own free will. no religious or political debate by this post just a view of one that is concerned  for the future of our children, families ,friends and nation, Jesus forgive and bless us all

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin