**NEDERLAND vs. GEORGETOWN Broadcast**/Georgetown wins 38-6

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1352150" timestamp="1355010777"]
Leaving Berry Center! Georgetown just dominated in second half. The QB is very accurate and works that offense like a pro. Nederland QB way off today and no running game made them one dementional. Great season DAWGS! Fans drive home safe.
[/quote]

Congrats Bulldogs on a GREAT season!  Traveling mercies to everyone heading home.

You know i have been watching High School Football in this area since the early 70's and what has happened recently to the local teams is it seems like we have great defenses, but when we get to the 3rd and 4th round of the playoffs the offenses just cannot carry their share of the load.  Whether it is schematic or types of offense's being ran, they just do not match up against the teams that they face in the later rounds.  This happened to WO-S and it happened To Nederland, the offense's imploded with turnovers, therefore keeping their defense's on the field to long and eventually wearing down.  I saw a very dominant team in Navasota last night, with one of the best offense's I've seen in a long time.  Not taking anything away from WO-S's defense, but the QB from Navasota was very good, and it would have taken a mistake free game by the offense to even stay close. It seems like Nederland ran into the same type of buzzsaw today...Congrats to both WO-S and Nederland on great seasons and you have nothing to hang your head about...and to Navasota and Georgetown I hope ya'll bring the hardware back to Region III. 

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1352163" timestamp="1355011774"]
Looks like GT will have a good shot at winnning state.  Will take a great team to beat them.  Congrats to Nederland on a 4 round playoff run.
[/quote]

Yep. if they can hang 31 on Nederland's defense they can do it to anybody.

[quote name="badndn" post="1352191" timestamp="1355014151"]
Mike_Mustang, PNG got ousted by Manvel in round 3 a couple seasons ago by a score of 58-46. Our offense wasn't a problem. Newtons scoring like no bodies business this year.
[/quote]

I can't believe we were that close to Manvel!

I just got in from the game, huge crowd, place was loud. First time in the Berry Center and i was in awe.

congrats to NED on a great season, GTown offense is legit and their D not too shabby either.

i'll post my detailed comments on the game after i have a toast to Johnny Football winning the Heisman! (like i told everyone he would his Senior year of HS) ;)

[quote name="indianforever" post="1352286" timestamp="1355024250"]
just got back from the game and WOW....Georgetown is the real deal....they remind me of the Lake travis teams from the last couple of years....I will go ahead and say that this Georgetown team will win state!!!
[/quote]

I think Denton Guyer is worth a look from Region 1.  DG and GT would be a great final game!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin