• Nederland Bulldogs
    • Georgetown Eagles

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AnyGivenFriday
[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1349603" timestamp="1354716569"]
That's right everyone any given friday is correct... Nederland does not belong on the same football field as, Dawson, or Georgetown right. Too much speed, talent ect. for us to win. I guess Nederland just just stay on Saturday...

Lucky for Nederland that is why we play the football games...
[/quote]

The same can be said from my point of view about GT.  ::) They're the underdogs in this one, remember?

[quote name="dayton" post="1349597" timestamp="1354716007"]
The Nederland secondary is probably about like any high school, college or NFL secondary... even if they're good, if a good QB has a ton of time, they're gonna get picked apart. The difference is the pass rush, which Nederland has a good one. I'm not sure Nederland has faced a truly good passing team, so this game should be a tough match-up for them. If they can disrupt the passing game in a significant way they'll win IMO. If not, Georgetown will move on. Hopefully Hopkins is ready to roll and Ned can keep the chains moving and put points up... I think they'll need 31 or so to win.
[/quote]

You make a good point...I acknowledged that Nederland will be facing the best passing game they have seen to date...I also stated that Georgetown will be facing the best defensive front/pass rush they have seen to date along with a secondary and LB's that have proven that they can be very opportunistic...that's why I see this game as a very interesting matchup...I stick with my original prediction of Nederland 31, Georgetown 28.

just for you AGF, my prediction is different,  Georgetown 76, Nederland -3

I don't think Georgetown has the individual player talent as Dawson had. They do however seem to play better as a team. Nederland is at a different level on defense now. Beating the Dawson team raised their confidence to another notch. Georgetown has not seen 4 down lineman as dominating as Nederland and linebackers who are smart and can cover the running backs on pass plays, something Georgetown does. This will make our secondary even better. Maybe Georgetown has a slight edge on speed but I'll take our pass rush and man cover and move on to next week. All our offense has to do is be patient. Let Hopkins pound on em for first downs, eat up the clock, and win 24 to 20. Bye the way, I'm already standing at the gate waiting for them to let me in.......Anyone need me to save them a seat????

[quote name="James Mosley" post="1349657" timestamp="1354721990"]
I don't think Georgetown has the individual player talent as Dawson had. They do however seem to play better as a team. Nederland is at a different level on defense now. Beating the Dawson team raised their confidence to another notch. Georgetown has not seen 4 down lineman as dominating as Nederland and linebackers who are smart and can cover the running backs on pass plays, something Georgetown does. This will make our secondary even better. Maybe Georgetown has a slight edge on speed but I'll take our pass rush and man cover and move on to next week. All our offense has to do is be patient. Let Hopkins pound on em for first downs, eat up the clock, and win 24 to 20. Bye the way, I'm already standing at the gate waiting for them to let me in.......Anyone need me to save them a seat????
[/quote]i have to dissagree about gt talent vs pd. The one thing gt has that very few teams have and ned has not seen is a big time d1 qb. I watched gts qb against angleton and this kid can beat you in a bunch of ways and can literally make every throw. I havent seen a qb like him this year probably the closest would be arron sharpe.

[quote name="dogbite" post="1349655" timestamp="1354721914"]
It will be a battle.  These two teams seem very similar in a lot of ways, but totally different in the game plans.  Both have good athletes... Think it just comes down to who has the best game preparation and planning with fewest mistakes.
[/quote] Yep. That is the reason that Angleton lost to GT. Just a couple too many mistakes...mostly by the Cat's defense. And GT was prepared to take advantage of the opportunities provided to them on that day.

[quote name="dogbite" post="1349655" timestamp="1354721914"]
It will be a battle.  These two teams seem very similar in a lot of ways, but totally different in the game plans.  Both have good athletes... Think it just comes down to who has the best game preparation and planning with fewest mistakes.
[/quote]

Very GOOD and concise analysis.  I hate the fence riders that start with the cliche' "Depends on which (home) team that shows up."  And then they go on to say that if their team doesn't fumble and if their team doesn't have
any interceptions and if their team has their best running
game of the season and if their team has no injuries and if they have the correct pressure in the bus tires - THEN
their team will win.  Geeeeez. ::)

the GTown QB is very good...in every game film that I have seen of him, he has had plenty of time to throw and that does say alot about their OL...I do firmly believe that Nederland will provide them with a challenge that they have not seen yet and put more pressure on him than he is accustomed to...that  is one of the keys to the game IMO along with us establishing a ball control offense...James, save me a seat!!

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1349673" timestamp="1354723314"]
[quote author=dogbite link=topic=106997.msg1349655#msg1349655 date=1354721914]
[/quote] Yep. That is the reason that Angleton lost to GT. Just a couple too many mistakes...mostly by the Cat's defense. And GT was prepared to take advantage of the opportunities provided to them on that day.
[/quote]Hey Purple/white/silver how do you compare these two teams since you have faced both...And when we played the cats we were short two O-lineman and one of the big 4 FRONT D-Line...just wondering your opinion..

[quote name="AnyGivenFriday" post="1349628" timestamp="1354719174"]
[quote author=C O Wilson Bullpups link=topic=106997.msg1349603#msg1349603 date=1354716569]
That's right everyone any given friday is correct... Nederland does not belong on the same football field as, Dawson, or Georgetown right. Too much speed, talent ect. for us to win. I guess Nederland just just stay on Saturday...

Lucky for Nederland that is why we play the football games...
[/quote]

The same can be said from my point of view about GT.  ::) They're the underdogs in this one, remember?
[/quote]I see ya "lil" buddy ....congrats you just broke a record with the most neg-karma for a NEWBY...TRICK.....Becareful with that phone your teacher will take it up ;)

This game is a very interesting matchup. Seems that GT has a fast paced tempo and has a great QB! Their Defense is very talented as well. Nederland is totally opposite, offense is a casual type that just pushes a long and doesn't do nothing fancy, but the Defense is exactly that a relentless front four who just keep coming like the energizer bunny. I hate that I got to miss this one, gonna go to west texas and try to fill my freezer. Pulling for the dogs, along with the stangs and the piney woods team "newton" to get the job done this week! Good luck and represent southeast texas well!

AnyGivenFriday, ......I can tell you don't know anything about Nederland.  We have seen posters like you ALL season, and we have put down teams like yours ALL season.  I have heard nothing but good things about your Georgetown team....I look forward to seeing them play my DOGS. I find it a shame that the hardwork your team and coaches have put in to earn the respect, good sportsmanship and discipline that they are known for, to be torn down by a fanbase that is the opposite, showing extreme disrespect to their opponent.  Once you see what our team will do this Saturday, I feel certain you will be a lot more humble in your feeling towards our team and fanbase, and possibly, have some respect.  We want to play the best teams, we welcome that. We want to see what we are made of. So bring it Saturday, the DOGS sure are, just like we did for Dawson.  I expect Georgetown will do the same.  These boys are going to play their hearts out and leave it all on the field.  IF we don't win, you will witness a true champion in the good sportsmanship they will show in congratulating your team.  All we ask, is that Georgetown do the same for us.  Good luck to both of our teams Saturday, and may the best team win!

GO BULLDOGS....beat the Eagles!!!!!!

You can talk about the Nederland defense all you want, but it's hard to say that the Georgetown offense, averaging 42 points a game, won't score a few times.  I think the Georgetown defense isn't receiving enough praise-Only giving up 12.5 points a game, the Nederland offense should be what everyone is talking about.

Guest AnyGivenFriday
[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1349750" timestamp="1354728872"]
AnyGivenFriday, ......I can tell you don't know anything about Nederland.  We have seen posters like you ALL season, and we have put down teams like yours ALL season.  I have heard nothing but good things about your Georgetown team....I look forward to seeing them play my DOGS. I find it a shame that the hardwork your team and coaches have put in to earn the respect, good sportsmanship and discipline that they are known for, to be torn down by a fanbase that is the opposite, showing extreme disrespect to their opponent.  Once you see what our team will do this Saturday, I feel certain you will be a lot more humble in your feeling towards our team and fanbase, and possibly, have some respect.  We want to play the best teams, we welcome that. We want to see what we are made of. So bring it Saturday, the DOGS sure are, just like we did for Dawson.  I expect Georgetown will do the same.  These boys are going to play their hearts out and leave it all on the field.  IF we don't win, you will witness a true champion in the good sportsmanship they will show in congratulating your team.  All we ask, is that Georgetown do the same for us.  Good luck to both of our teams Saturday, and may the best team win!

[/quote]

:-* I'm voting you in for sweetest little Boy Scout 2012

[quote name="AnyGivenFriday" post="1349854" timestamp="1354739682"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=106997.msg1349750#msg1349750 date=1354728872]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pay attention...look at my signature line under my posts....smh ::)

[b]Proud Mother of a US NAVY SAILOR[/b]

[quote name="georgetown" post="1349843" timestamp="1354738902"]
You can talk about the Nederland defense all you want, but it's hard to say that the Georgetown offense, averaging 42 points a game, won't score a few times.  I think the Georgetown defense isn't receiving enough praise-Only giving up 12.5 points a game, the Nederland offense should be what everyone is talking about.
[/quote]
I have to agree with the last part there. The offense has been questionable at times. Nederland is going to have to play ball control and open up running lanes for Hopkins. If Nederland can't run the ball, it doesn't bode well for the Dogs.

Guest AnyGivenFriday
[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1349864" timestamp="1354740599"]
[quote author=AnyGivenFriday link=topic=106997.msg1349854#msg1349854 date=1354739682]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry about that. I normally try not to pay too much attention to Nederland fans, because of all the nonsense that spews out of their big mouths.

Guest AnyGivenFriday
[quote name="bulldog1984" post="1349877" timestamp="1354742532"]
Look who's talking. You remind me of DemDogs from summer creek.  ::)
[/quote]

Yeah well I'm just trying to balance it out, ya know? I'm not even at 5% of the trash you guys talk.

[quote name="AnyGivenFriday" post="1349875" timestamp="1354742279"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=106997.msg1349864#msg1349864 date=1354740599]
[quote author=AnyGivenFriday link=topic=106997.msg1349854#msg1349854 date=1354739682]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry about that. I normally try not to pay too much attention to Nederland fans, because of all the nonsense that spews out of their big mouths.
[/quote]

Wow. I hope we win this week so I don't ever have to listen to your crap again. The only reason you came on here and made an account is to talk trash. If you can't admit that it is going to be a close game, you are drinking waaaaaay too much of your team's kool-aid. There are rarely blow outs at this stage in the playoffs and these 2 teams match up really well against each other. If Nederland loses, you'll be all over this board saying I told you so. I will accept and eat my crow. If Georgetown loses, I bet you will never type in setxsports.com into your url again. Here's to a injury free game, and may the better team win on Saturday.

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1349881" timestamp="1354743067"]
[quote author=AnyGivenFriday link=topic=106997.msg1349875#msg1349875 date=1354742279]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=106997.msg1349864#msg1349864 date=1354740599]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow. I hope we win this week so I don't ever have to listen to your crap again. The only reason you came on here and made an account is to talk trash. If you can't admit that it is going to be a close game, you are drinking waaaaaay too much of your team's kool-aid. There are rarely blow outs at this stage in the playoffs and these 2 teams match up really well against each other. If Nederland loses, you'll be all over this board saying I told you so. I will accept and eat my crow. If Georgetown loses, I bet you will never type in setxsports.com into your url again. Here's to a injury free game, and may the better team win on Saturday.
[/quote]
There are a few other people on here that are doing the same thing, Georgetown???

[quote name="georgetown" post="1349843" timestamp="1354738902"]
[/quote]

Ned offense has been talked about, it was talked into oblivion our last three games. We were not supposed to score in any of those games. Talk is cheap and our guys, offense and defense, come to play every down. We are a complete team and I'm not sure you can find a chink in our armor. No trash talking here. Come ready to play because it's ON!

Neither team is here due to luck. We earned Every point we scored and defensed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder