West Orange-Stark vs Navasota Rattlers prediction?

[quote name="magnus1on1" post="1347541" timestamp="1354454614"]
[quote author=MMstangfan link=topic=106949.msg1347480#msg1347480 date=1354425653]
[quote author=Donald Duck link=topic=106949.msg1347351#msg1347351 date=1354418627]
WO-S simple hasnt been tested. for thier non district games they played a bunch of over rated four A teams that think theyre good bc they beat up on each other. If any of those teams would step out of SETX to play games in the preseason they would get a taste of what football really is. then they play in a very weak district. Then have had a cake walk through the playoffs. The only quality team they have played is Jasper. But they played them early in the year so thats not the same Jasper team that navasota drummed.
[/quote]I do believe one of those overrated SETX 4A team just knocked out #1 Ranked Pearland Dawson last night. The Golden Triangle has been wooping up on Houston area teams for many many years. I have yet to see a rattesnake kill a mustang, they tyipically get stomped !!! If they are anywhere near the Ennis 2000 squad , then it'll be a whale of a game.
[/quote]

http://panews.com/sports/x1144044865/West-Orange-Starks-big-plays-down-Nederland-in-scrimmage

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....................  ::) And yes I understand it was a scrimmage..
[/quote]

Nederland has a huge offense of line just look at that game againt Pearland.. And yes I know it was early in the season but I think this game would have been like this anyway. This was WO Starks first test of the year and they have made huge improvements all year as well as Nederland.

“I think the biggest thing tonight is we’ve got to stabilize our offensive line,” Neumann said. “We knew who we were playing. They play a little defense at West Orange and they looked like a typically good defense over there. Getting a test against that kind of speed and athleticism, it was important. We haven’t seen that much in practice, so they gave us some problems.”

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1347513" timestamp="1354428737"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=106949.msg1346818#msg1346818 date=1354387421]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=106949.msg1346801#msg1346801 date=1354385873]
this is what i am looking at in this game #1 navasota will try  to strike in a hurry maybe by the bomb are screen who knowsJMO and  make wo-s  try and play catch up .the coaching staff at navasota will work most all week on the quick passing  over the middle to keep the LBs  from the mustangs off there QB.IMO only the kids from wo-s (MUST) play smart football  . you tell me what  thay are going to try to do
[/quote]

Agree with you Skip, would not be surprised to see them go deep first series. I think they are the kinda team that goes short then sets you up for the long bomb. I think they will run a lot of short outs, bubble screens, etc. to try to get our LBs back in coverage (and away from blitzing) and then try to run on us. I see them playing a little closer to the vest in this game (at first at least) and probably trying to run the ball more than usual. The very little tape I have seen on them they don't seem to want to go over the middle so much, I think they prefer outside stuff. It should be game of the year in 3A. IF we can match up man to man with our secondary and let out LB's apply heat to the QB we will win. IF we can't it probably swings the tide against us. Just the way I see it.
[/quote]

Ask La Marque how we beat them...  I am not sure were all this long bombs...scoring quickly, etc comes from... Any reasonable, right minded being will take what is given to them.. If the deep post is open, well, take it...  Or the screen, or the draw.. You get my point..  Fedora and crew will know exactly will work or what they believe will work against any team that they will face....
[/quote]I was at the Navasota/La Marque game, and I will tell you straight up that Navasota was very patient offensively.  They used short and intermediate passes most of the night.  In the second half the running game was the difference.  I saw Navasota play for the first time on Friday night, and I feel that they are a well balanced team.  This will be a very good game.

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1347502" timestamp="1354427252"]
Truth hurts, Reality bites and will settle in a week or so for the WOS following...

I will leave it at that. 

All year, Navasota hasn't played anyone... Navasota only passes... Navasota, this and Navasota that..  Navasota will lose to La Marque... La Marque will whip the floor with Navasota... La Marque 36 Navasota 21....  BLAH, BLAH, BLAH..etc...  Navasota goes up 24-6 on La Marque in the 3rd and chose to RUN.  Yes, RUN.  Navasota will be, I repeat, Navasota will be the best team that the Mustangs have seen.  I am not going to predict a blowout but Navasota will win and will do so convincingly.  And, there's no need to go back and forth all week...  We will make a believer out of WOS and the rest of the Golden Triangle.
[/quote]

That wasn't us... I said when the playoffs started that LM was going to exit when they ran up against Nav. Your not going to win a title with an offense like that, as good as their defense was they also had a tendency to be undiscipline. You can't play like that against a team like Navasota.

[quote name="the-riot07" post="1347532" timestamp="1354441593"]
Let's be honest neither team has played anyone close to as good as our competition will be this week. Lamarque was an athletic team but over rated in my book. [u][i][b]Coldsprings[/b][/i][/u] actually sucked in my book. We shut out LCM. And coldsprings gave up 35 to them so not empressed with navasota or lamarque beating them. And I know wos hasn't faced a team as good as navasota on either side of the ball. But I believe our corners can match up with their receivers man to man and our pass rush will have their qb on the move most of the night. Navasota will turn the ball over in this game believe it or not and the stangs will capitalize like always. Will be a great game!!!!! Like I predicted earlier...
Stangs-21
Rattlers-17
[/quote]

It's Coldspring!  That's singular, not plural.

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1347515" timestamp="1354428905"]
I wouldn't want every one to agree with me.  That's not normal.  As I stated, we will make a believer out of WOS which is different from saying that I want everyone to agree with me... 

Just wait and see, Griff.
[/quote]

You insist on believing that Navasota is getting the shaft here.  Many of the comments you're referring to were from the LaMarque fans and LM is not part of the Golden Triangle.  The majority of us who are from Orange and follow WO-S are well-aware of how good your team is.  No one has to make a believer out of us.  It seems that Navasota fans have been more active in predicting a blowout against WO-S than the other way around.  We know Navasota is the best team we've seen this year, but the discrepancy comes from the Navasota fans.  The greater lack of respect, at least on this board, is coming from your fans.  That's OK...we're happy with being the underdog and we look forward to making a believer out of you that no one will beat us convincingly or blow us out.  Whoever wins will not win by much. 

The team that executes best will win this.

The fact of the matter is that these two teams do not know a whole lot about one another.  I saw Navasota/LM the other night, and I was impressed with the Rattlers.  They have a lot of talent, and seemed quite disciplined.  They did have some turnovers that will get them beat if the opposition does not return the favor as La Marque did.  I played against WOS in a playoff game in 1986 and Dan Hooks was already the head coach.  I can tell you straight up that they are an elite program.  Navasota will have their hands full on Friday night.  Good luck to both teams.

I like to think by now teams have been tested and think of it this way..

From week zero till now each individual player has been tested because it doesn't matter how good your team is there is always at least one or two mis-matches in each game that test these kids. It's taking those lessons and learning from those even if your not the fasteset or the biggest kid and finding ways to win as a team..Nederland not the fastest, WOS not the biggest among many other teams. The saying goes you win as a team and lose as a team that's just sports in general.

This game is much the same as the NED GT game. A really good offense against a really good defense. That is how these teams have made it this far. Rattlers execution is precise and well coached and WO-S defense will smother you and make you make mistakes if you can't slow them down. This will be a close game unless one teams turns the ball over to many times. I still say defense wins championships and WO-S has one heck of a defense and they win by 10.

WOS KIDS are playing for a higher purpose.  Just watch and enjoy as the stangs put on a show for the ages. We are who everyone thinks we are and that's the best defense in the state and after this game Navasota will respect us I dont doubt that. but its comical thsr Navasota comes on here and thinks they will dominate WOS that is a sign of disrespect an a sign of ignorance if they truly believe that.  I can promise you Navasota wont even sniff 30 points in this game. An like I have said all season if you doubt me put your money where your mouth is. Ask anybody on here all I do is collect I haven't been wrong all season.

Now we respect Navasota but we dont fear them like other teams we will put on our helmets and pads just like them. And in case you guys didn't know our secondary is probably the best in the state with 3 D-1 commits an the best sophomore safety in the state.

Everybody on defense expect our noseguard runs under a 4.7 40 yard dash. our linebackers are both 4.5 guys and our DBs can all fly im talking 4.5 and below. But you will see come friday this game will be the best of the year. And I predict defense prevails Mustangs 21 Rattlers 17

[quote name="bulldogs1990" post="1347655" timestamp="1354471734"]
I will put my money where my mouth is you just make it easy on your self my friend I've watched over 35 games of high school teams this year alone I watch over fifty a year. Wos can't hold navasota tail buddy boy seen them both twice. The only team in 3 a that has a shot at Navasota is stephenville
[/quote]

have you even seen Henderson play this year..sir /ma'am

[quote name="bulldogs1990" post="1347655" timestamp="1354471734"]
I will put my money where my mouth is you just make it easy on your self my friend I've watched over 35 games of high school teams this year alone I watch over fifty a year. Wos can't hold navasota tail buddy boy seen them both twice. The only team in 3 a that has a shot at Navasota is stephenville
[/quote]

There hasn't been 35 fridays and saturdays combined since highschool football season started for you to have watched 35 highschool footballvganes and have seen WOS and Navasota twice each.  Please take yout lies else where here my friend we will call out liars.

And like I said put some money up. My only request is u sit by me at the game if your gonna betso the winner can get paid. So whats the bet? You say we cant hold Navasotas tail so give me a point spread and name your price? Or Shut up and stop posting

wo-s will (NOT) haft to play the same D that LM did  that was ther doom ,i belive with the speed the mustangs have thay can keep up with navasota recivers. this comming monday the coaching staff there at navasota will try and figer away to keep the kids from wo-s off there QB we all know its hard to complet a pass when your on your back. i know what type of reply i am going to get from this post and  my side is hurting already from some of the post  made by Donald Duck has posted. i see a few posters  on here saying thay have see navasota play and NO ONE can touch them  becouse thay are the best in the state i am happy for them for being #1 i am just pleased no one has seen wo-s play . in closeing PLEASE dont come up and tell me how BIG and FAST you are i and other mustang fan have already seen this all year long

[quote name="skipper" post="1347680" timestamp="1354475218"]
wo-s will (NOT) haft to play the same D that LM did  that was ther doom ,i belive with the speed the mustangs have thay can keep up with navasota recivers. this comming monday the coaching staff there at navasota will try and figer away to keep the kids from wo-s off there QB we all know its hard to complet a pass when your on your back. i know what type of reply i am going to get from this post and  my side is hurting already from some of the post  made by Donald Duck has posted.[b] i see a few posters  on here saying thay have see navasota play and NO ONE can touch them  becouse thay are the best in the state i am happy for them for being #1 i am just pleased no one has seen wo-s play [/b]. in closeing PLEASE dont come up and tell me how BIG and FAST you are i and other mustang fan have already seen this all year long
[/quote]

I have seen both teams play. I believe that Navasota is the better overall team. Now does that equate into a win for Navasota over WO-S this Friday? No it does not. It's about match ups and I believe WO-S will match up well against Navasota, just not well enough.

Pulling for the Stangs, but I see Navasota winning this one.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1347689" timestamp="1354476698"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=106949.msg1347680#msg1347680 date=1354475218]
wo-s will (NOT) haft to play the same D that LM did  that was ther doom ,i belive with the speed the mustangs have thay can keep up with navasota recivers. this comming monday the coaching staff there at navasota will try and figer away to keep the kids from wo-s off there QB we all know its hard to complet a pass when your on your back. i know what type of reply i am going to get from this post and  my side is hurting already from some of the post  made by Donald Duck has posted.[b] i see a few posters  on here saying thay have see navasota play and NO ONE can touch them  becouse thay are the best in the state i am happy for them for being #1 i am just pleased no one has seen wo-s play [/b]. in closeing PLEASE dont come up and tell me how BIG and FAST you are i and other mustang fan have already seen this all year long
[/quote]

I have seen both teams play. I believe that Navasota is the better overall team. Now does that equate into a win for Navasota over WO-S this Friday? No it does not. It's about match ups and I believe WO-S will match up well against Navasota, just not well enough.

[/quote]

If your going to the game AggiesWeAre and wanna give me a point spread we can do a doube or nothing on our previous bet

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1347709" timestamp="1354479120"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=106949.msg1347689#msg1347689 date=1354476698]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If your going to the game AggiesWeAre and wanna give me a point spread we can do a doube or nothing on our previous bet
[/quote]

I'll give you 7 points.

lets talk QBs i belive wo-s has seen two of the best QB in  the state the kid from central and the young kid from silsbee both of these kids could do it all IMO  so please dont come on here and tell me about how great your QB is but i am sure  he is the spark plug  he makes things happen . if you dont belive these two kids are in the same class as your please let me know

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1347710" timestamp="1354479256"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=106949.msg1347709#msg1347709 date=1354479120]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=106949.msg1347689#msg1347689 date=1354476698]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'll give you 7 points.
[/quote]

Make it 6.5 or 7.5 to avoid the dreaded push

[quote name="skipper" post="1347718" timestamp="1354479799"]
lets talk QBs i belive wo-s has seen two of the best QB in  the state the kid from central and the young kid from silsbee both of these kids could do it all IMO  so please dont come on here and tell me about how great your QB is but i am sure  he is the spark plug  he makes things happen . if you dont belive these two kids are in the same class as your please let me know
[/quote]

AggiesWeAre I was gonna ask for 8 but will take 7 if you sit on WOS during the game. And skip athletically the two qbs u mentioned are better the the Navasota QB for sure but the Navasota kid has a better supporting cast then those two guys had.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1347722" timestamp="1354480238"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=106949.msg1347718#msg1347718 date=1354479799]
[/quote]

AggiesWeAre I was gonna ask for 8 but will take 7 if you sit on WOS during the game. And skip athletically the two qbs u mentioned are better the the Navasota QB for sure but the Navasota kid has a better supporting cast then those two guys had.
[/quote]

I will not be able to make game. Will be broadcasting at the Nederland basketball tourney that night. I will get with you at WOS basketball game.

I will give you 7.5

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317