West Orange-Stark vs Navasota Rattlers prediction?

I've read alot on comparing defense and offense of both teams but the bottom line to me at least is both of these teams are pretty close talent wise which boils down to execution.  Whoever executes wins this game.  WO-S cannot afford the luxury of drive stopping penalties and win this game as they have some games in the past.  And dont make the mistake of downplaying the WO-S offense, these guys can get it done they just haven't really had to, but it is there.  Also is there anyone out there been around long enough to maybe compare Navasota offense to say the Ennis offense of 2000?  Just asking.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1347179" timestamp="1354408168"]
I've read alot on comparing defense and offense of both teams but the bottom line to me at least is both of these teams are pretty close talent wise which boils down to execution.  Whoever executes wins this game.  WO-S cannot afford the luxury of drive stopping penalties and win this game as they have some games in the past.  And dont make the mistake of downplaying the WO-S offense, these guys can get it done they just haven't really had to, but it is there.  Also is there anyone out there been around long enough to maybe compare Navasota offense to say the Ennis offense of 2000?  Just asking.
[/quote]

Not even close to Ennis

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1346742" timestamp="1354383381"]
IF LaMarque scored 20 and should have had more, I'd be very surprised if we don't put up at least 28. Our offense is better than LaMarque's and I believe our defense is better also. I'll go 28-22 Stangs. We have NO pressure on us as we are the underdogs (for a change) against the MIGHTY Rattlers. Pressure is all on their shoulders, we should come out with nothing to lose. Their defense has to be surprised they gave up so many points (for them at least) against the Cougars and their offense scored a measly (for them) 31 points. They won only by 11 points, got to be some level of doubt since we are a little better than LaMarque (sorry Cougar fans, not belittling you I just believe we are). If we get a lead or hold close to them through the first half all that pressure and number 1 ranking is gonna weigh pretty heavy on their minds the deeper in the game it goes.

I do agree the winner of this game if they come out healthy is going to win state over Gilmer.
[/quote]

Please do not just look at the statistics of this game and compare.  I was in attendance.  You can tell that LaMarque was playing to not let Navasota score 40+. Although it was their GAMEPLAN, it was not LM "style" of play.  When is the last time you have ever seen a LM team rush only 3 defenders and drop 8 into coverage??? Thats not Coog football! Never has been.  They've always been the aggressor.  Not the case last night.  Sure they did not capitalize on Navasota's mistakes.  And they also left points on the board.  But Navasota didn't play their best game.  They just played well enough to win. 

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1346742" timestamp="1354383381"]
IF LaMarque scored 20 and should have had more, I'd be very surprised if we don't put up at least 28. Our offense is better than LaMarque's and I believe our defense is better also. I'll go 28-22 Stangs. We have NO pressure on us as we are the underdogs (for a change) against the MIGHTY Rattlers. Pressure is all on their shoulders, we should come out with nothing to lose. Their defense has to be surprised they gave up so many points (for them at least) against the Cougars and their offense scored a measly (for them) 31 points. They won only by 11 points, got to be some level of doubt since we are a little better than LaMarque (sorry Cougar fans, not belittling you I just believe we are). If we get a lead or hold close to them through the first half all that pressure and number 1 ranking is gonna weigh pretty heavy on their minds the deeper in the game it goes.

I do agree the winner of this game if they come out healthy is going to win state over Gilmer.
[/quote]

And if you want to use predictions like that then check the Jasper game...
WOS 17
Jasp 7

Nav 59
Jasp 14 (last TD came against 2nd team)

[quote name="jumpmanfeva" post="1347218" timestamp="1354409582"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=106949.msg1346742#msg1346742 date=1354383381]

[/quote]

And if you want to use predictions like that then check the Jasper game...
WOS 17
Jasp 7

Nav 59
Jasp 14 (last TD came against 2nd team)
[/quote]
plus La Marque scored 48 on Columbia and WOS could only put 20

[quote name="Cover 2 Wild Rattler" post="1347269" timestamp="1354413377"]
Oh really the game was over at half y'all only score 17 on Jasper. We put up 59 get real y'all's offense will not score no more then 14 on our defense. I don't think y'all's CB's can stick with our recievers.
[/quote]It won't be stick with, just stick.

I would think that we all know the "we beat team A by X points and you beat them by Y points" is about as inexact of a science as there is.  Each year people bring this to the table and it is not a very accurate measuring stick.  One thing to consider when calculating your complex formulas is that WOS played Jasper 4 games into the season.  Then Navasota plays them in the playoffs with a seasons worth of games under their belt.  For reference please see Coldspring Vs La Marque Round 1, early in the season and CS wins.  Then the playoffs roll around and La Marque wins. 

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1347280" timestamp="1354414376"]
I would think that we all know the "we beat team A by X points and you beat them by Y points" is about as inexact of a science as there is.  Each year people bring this to the table and it is not a very accurate measuring stick.  One thing to consider when calculating your complex formulas is that WOS played Jasper 4 games into the season.  Then Navasota plays them in the playoffs with a seasons worth of games under their belt.  For reference please see Coldspring Vs La Marque Round 1, early in the season and CS wins.  Then the playoffs roll around and La Marque wins.
[/quote]

Where's the reference??? Navasota and WO-S are going at each other for the 1st time...

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1347280" timestamp="1354414376"]
[/quote]
What about the fact that La Marque beat Columbia 48 to 0 and WOS could only mange to pull out a 20 10 victory. These games were only 2 weeks apart. It certainly sounds like Navasota has already played a tougher team in La Marque.

WO-S simple hasnt been tested. for thier non district games they played a bunch of over rated four A teams that think theyre good bc they beat up on each other. If any of those teams would step out of SETX to play games in the preseason they would get a taste of what football really is. then they play in a very weak district. Then have had a cake walk through the playoffs. The only quality team they have played is Jasper. But they played them early in the year so thats not the same Jasper team that navasota drummed.

I'm a Jasper Bulldog I've watched prolly more high school games than anybody on here.when I see a team that has talent I give credit where credit is do wos has a good defense but Navasota will score as many as the coach will let them score.  wos can't score enough points to stay with Navasota. The only other team in 3a that could play with Navasota is Stephenville

[quote name="bulldogs1990" post="1347352" timestamp="1354418822"]
I'm a Jasper Bulldog I've watched prolly more high school games than anybody on here.when I see a team that has talent I give credit where credit is do wos has a good defense but Navasota will score as many as the coach will let them score.  wos can't score enough points to stay with Navasota. The only other team in 3a that could play with Navasota is Stephenville
[/quote]
i couldnt agree more. i think i might wait and show up the second half. I think it could be a very interesting match up between WO-S and Navasota's 2s. still wishy washy on who will win that grudge match.

[quote name="Donald Duck" post="1347332" timestamp="1354417657"]
[quote author=#1stangfan link=topic=106949.msg1347280#msg1347280 date=1354414376]
[/quote]
[b]What about the fact that La Marque beat Columbia 48 to 0 and WOS could only mange to pull out a 20 10 victory.[/b] These games were only 2 weeks apart. It certainly sounds like Navasota has already played a tougher team in La Marque.
[/quote]

Good for La Marque....when do we play them?

[quote name="Donald Duck" post="1347351" timestamp="1354418627"]
WO-S simple hasnt been tested. for thier non district games they played a bunch of over rated four A teams that think theyre good bc they beat up on each other. If any of those teams would step out of SETX to play games in the preseason they would get a taste of what football really is. then they play in a very weak district. Then have had a cake walk through the playoffs. The only quality team they have played is Jasper. But they played them early in the year so thats not the same Jasper team that navasota drummed.
[/quote]Just saying this will be a good game between two great teams.  Aint coming on here dogging out Navasota, dont need to.  Dont know what pond your swimming in but you need to check the water.  I promise you WO-S is not ashamed of their schedule.  You need to find a stump to fit your rump and sit, watch and enjoy.  Good luck.

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1347364" timestamp="1354419876"]
[quote author=Donald Duck link=topic=106949.msg1347332#msg1347332 date=1354417657]
[quote author=#1stangfan link=topic=106949.msg1347280#msg1347280 date=1354414376]
[/quote]
[b]What about the fact that La Marque beat Columbia 48 to 0 and WOS could only mange to pull out a 20 10 victory.[/b] These games were only 2 weeks apart. It certainly sounds like Navasota has already played a tougher team in La Marque.
[/quote]

Good for La Marque....when do we play them?
[/quote]
Yall dont get to play them. Yall get to play the school that beat them and theres not a consolation bracket for yall to play in after navasota drops yall.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder