West Orange-Stark vs Navasota Rattlers prediction?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off let me asure you WO-S dose not play dirty football and you can take that to the bank. navasota is the #1 team in 3a as everone knows being #1 that mean your the best and by what has put up here on SETXsports thay look like thay cant be stoped thats why there #1. to us mustangs fans this game reminds us of the mustang gilmer game a few years back a game the mustangs had a chance to win but fell short BUT that is in the past  lets play for today  if you dont bring your A game there is no tomorrow.lastnight we saw a QB that ran with power and we that were there saw what happned the kid took some shots that rocked the place .everyone always talks about the mustangs (D) but lets stop and think about it this is NOT a mustang  team from the past thay have become a very well balance team the (O) is no slouch give them a inc thay will take it to the house this will be a game matching speed on speed  best of luck to both teams.come monday the coaching staff at wo-s will try there best to get there kids ready for the #1 3a team in the state

[quote name="skipper" post="1346641" timestamp="1354380409"]
first off let me asure you WO-S dose not play dirty football and you can take that to the bank. navasota is the #1 team in 3a as everone knows being #1 that mean your the best and by what has put up here on SETXsports thay look like thay cant be stoped thats why there #1. to us mustangs fans this game reminds us of the mustang gilmer game a few years back a game the mustangs had a chance to win but fell short BUT that is in the past  lets play for today  if you dont bring your A game there is no tomorrow.lastnight we saw a QB that ran with power and we that were there saw what happned the kid took some shots that rocked the place .everyone always talks about the mustangs (D) but lets stop and think about it this is NOT a mustang  team from the past thay have become a very well balance team the (O) is no slouch give them a inc thay will take it to the house this will be a game matching speed on speed  best of luck to both teams.come monday the coaching staff at wo-s will try there best to get there kids ready for the #1 3a team in the state
[/quote]

Skip, who said anything about playing dirty? 

I agree with you on the WO-S vs. Gilmer matchup comparison to us playing Navasota.  I was telling someone that last night.  The Navasota QB and their offense reminds me of what we saw against Gilmer.  Thankfully, this year's WO-S defense is better equipped to challenge that. 

I've seen a few predictions by posters saying Navasota will score 40+ points as if we're just like any other opponent.  We're just given the casual brush off by some of these fans.  We don't need any extra motivation for this game, but I'm glad some are willing to offer it.    8)

Hurry up Friday!

This game resembles the Ned and PD game. Nav with all the accolades and stats on offense, WOS with hard nosed defense. If you learn anything from the playoffs this year it is that Offense sells tickets and Defense wins games. It is going to a super game, wish I could make it.
NAV - 21
WOS - 22

[quote name="griff" post="1346659" timestamp="1354380906"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=106949.msg1346641#msg1346641 date=1354380409]
[/quote]

Skip, who said anything about playing dirty? 

I agree with you on the WO-S vs. Gilmer matchup comparison to us playing Navasota.  I was telling someone that last night.  The Navasota QB and their offense reminds me of what we saw against Gilmer.  Thankfully, this year's WO-S defense is better equipped to challenge that. 

I've seen a few predictions by posters saying Navasota will score 40+ points as if we're just like any other opponent.  We're just given the casual brush off by some of these fans.  We don't need any extra motivation for this game, but I'm glad some are willing to offer it.    8)

Hurry up Friday!
[/quote]

I ask too, Skipper.  Why the dirty football reference? ???

IF LaMarque scored 20 and should have had more, I'd be very surprised if we don't put up at least 28. Our offense is better than LaMarque's and I believe our defense is better also. I'll go 28-22 Stangs. We have NO pressure on us as we are the underdogs (for a change) against the MIGHTY Rattlers. Pressure is all on their shoulders, we should come out with nothing to lose. Their defense has to be surprised they gave up so many points (for them at least) against the Cougars and their offense scored a measly (for them) 31 points. They won only by 11 points, got to be some level of doubt since we are a little better than LaMarque (sorry Cougar fans, not belittling you I just believe we are). If we get a lead or hold close to them through the first half all that pressure and number 1 ranking is gonna weigh pretty heavy on their minds the deeper in the game it goes.

I do agree the winner of this game if they come out healthy is going to win state over Gilmer.

this is what i am looking at in this game #1 navasota will try  to strike in a hurry maybe by the bomb are screen who knowsJMO and  make wo-s  try and play catch up .the coaching staff at navasota will work most all week on the quick passing  over the middle to keep the LBs  from the mustangs off there QB.IMO only the kids from wo-s (MUST) play smart football  . you tell me what  thay are going to try to do

[quote name="skipper" post="1346801" timestamp="1354385873"]
this is what i am looking at in this game #1 navasota will try  to strike in a hurry maybe by the bomb are screen who knowsJMO and  make wo-s  try and play catch up .the coaching staff at navasota will work most all week on the quick passing  over the middle to keep the LBs  from the mustangs off there QB.IMO only the kids from wo-s (MUST) play smart football  . you tell me what  thay are going to try to do
[/quote]

Agree with you Skip, would not be surprised to see them go deep first series. I think they are the kinda team that goes short then sets you up for the long bomb. I think they will run a lot of short outs, bubble screens, etc. to try to get our LBs back in coverage (and away from blitzing) and then try to run on us. I see them playing a little closer to the vest in this game (at first at least) and probably trying to run the ball more than usual. The very little tape I have seen on them they don't seem to want to go over the middle so much, I think they prefer outside stuff. It should be game of the year in 3A. IF we can match up man to man with our secondary and let out LB's apply heat to the QB we will win. IF we can't it probably swings the tide against us. Just the way I see it.

[quote name="skipper" post="1346801" timestamp="1354385873"]
[/quote]
good points.  Navasota struck fast against Jasper, and put Jasper in a hole they never got out of.  It might have been closer at least had Jasper not allowed them to score in just two plays.  It took awhile to adjust to that.  WO-S does need to avoid that fate or it might be a long night for them.

I like how all the WOS fans jump on a Navasota fan for predicting them to score over 40 points and turn around predict Navasota to score 10 - 14 points.  In my opinion that prediction is just as crazy as the Navasota's fans.  Before you tell me that Navasota hasn't seen a defense like WOS's, it works both ways and WOS hasn't seen a offense like Navasota's.  Should be a great game, but Navasota isn't scoring less than 24 points in this one.

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1346856" timestamp="1354389940"]
I like how all the WOS fans jump on a Navasota fan for predicting them to score over 40 points and turn around predict Navasota to score 10 - 14 points.  In my opinion that prediction is just as crazy as the Navasota's fans.  Before you tell me that Navasota hasn't seen a defense like WOS's, it works both ways and WOS hasn't seen a offense like Navasota's.  Should be a great game, but[b] Navasota isn't scoring less than 24 points in this one.[/b][/quote]

Noted

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1346856" timestamp="1354389940"]
I like how all the WOS fans jump on a Navasota fan for predicting them to score over 40 points and turn around predict Navasota to score 10 - 14 points.  In my opinion that prediction is just as crazy as the Navasota's fans.  Before you tell me that Navasota hasn't seen a defense like WOS's, it works both ways and WOS hasn't seen a offense like Navasota's.  Should be a great game, but Navasota isn't scoring less than 24 points in this one.
[/quote]

You gotta give Navasota their due, they are an excellent team. We will have to play our best game to defeat them and vice versa. I'd be shocked if both teams don't score in the 20's.

wo-s coaching staff IT ALL STARTS HERE  to those who dont know coach thompson he has been around the block a few times lol and the staff he has put togather at wo-s i will put them agnest anyone in this state and the kids go way beyound the call of duty for them becouse thay belive in them. thompso has seen teams like navasote befor many times in his coaching  at wo-s  teams with lots better teams than navasota so this is not new to him more to come later what he just might take out of his  bag of (D) tricks

I absolutely love how after 12 games and 12 dominating performances by our defense they still get no respect from navasota! Hahaha it's so dang easy to say nobody can slow down that offense until they line up with the mustangs! You think you have played teams as fast, as physical, as good as our defense UNTIL they are in your face! I GUARANTEE the rattlers will bring out the best in our team and our defense will play even better than they have all year! I just hope they aren't throwing flags for good hard tackles like they did last night! All I got left to say is you better tighten up y'all chin straps cause it's about to get real!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin