LaMarque vs Navasota

When the game was over at Reliant, LM players ran over to Coldsprings’ side to get their players up off the turf to show good sportsmanship. It seems the fans from Navasota went blind at the end of the game and didn’t see that .. 

8)So from the GREAT T.O. [b]"You Better get Your Popcorn" [/b]  8)

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1344488" timestamp="1354211612"]
Don't worry, I will have my popcorn ready.  I just hope, as a football fan and not as a Rattler fan, that this game isn't over by the end of the 1st quarter like most have been all year.  I glad you think Navasota only passes the ball, you just might get a little surprised come Friday.
[/quote]

Touche'......many think LM only runs the ball.....

The FANS thnk Navasota only passes.... but those who have done the homework know that they have two great RB's in #5 & #8 .... #8 being the better of the two with a speed advantage. But teams have been making Navasota's offense look better than they really are with poor arm tackling. Not taking anything away from them, just saying what i've gathered from watching the limited film that i have.

Should be a hell of a game to watch.  I grew up in Dayton and have lived in the College Station/Navasota area for the last 7 years.  I have seen some incredible teams from La Marque through years against Dayton.  This Navasota offense is for real and is going to be hard to stop.  I don't think they are going to put up 50 against the cougars, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did either.  I expect a good game.  Best wishes to both teams and I hope everyone goes home heathly and safe, including the fans. 

havent seen lamarque. traditionally they are a powerhouse i know, But having watched Navasota last week...I cant see anyone stopping them. I would like to see the team who does. I have never seen a 3a team with that much size and talent. Calling it...Navasota will win state. wouldnt surprise me if it was uncontested.

[quote name="Cougar4Life" post="1345206" timestamp="1354301901"]
havent seen lamarque. traditionally they are a powerhouse i know, But having watched Navasota last week...I cant see anyone stopping them. I have never seen a 3a team with that much size and talent. Best 3a football team i have ever seen. They will win state. wouldnt surprise me if they did it uncontested either.
[/quote]

It's easy to look Great against weak competition... I have yet to see the Rattlers play in person but let's see how they perform tonight. If they can handle my coogs (who are known for speed and talent) then i will gladly give them the credit they deserve. And i will cheer them all they way to state. No bitterness in me, i can respect a better team when it presents itself but La marque is coming in will 100% confidence, we've been hearing how good they are all year but tonight they well have to prove themselves against the best competition they've faced thus far.

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1344488" timestamp="1354211612"]
Don't worry, I will have my popcorn ready. [b]  I just hope, as a football fan and not as a Rattler fan, that this game isn't over by the end of the 1st quarter like most have been all year. [/b]  I glad you think Navasota only passes the ball, you just might get a little surprised come Friday.
[/quote]

You're flat-out smoking. No way this game is a blow-out.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1345217" timestamp="1354302450"]
[quote author=Cougar4Life link=topic=106864.msg1345206#msg1345206 date=1354301901]
havent seen lamarque. traditionally they are a powerhouse i know, But having watched Navasota last week...I cant see anyone stopping them. I have never seen a 3a team with that much size and talent. Best 3a football team i have ever seen. They will win state. wouldnt surprise me if they did it uncontested either.
[/quote]

It's easy to look Great against weak competition... I have yet to see the Rattlers play in person but let's see how they perform tonight. If they can handle my coogs (who are known for speed and talent) then i will gladly give them the credit they deserve. And i will cheer them all they way to state. No bitterness in me, i can respect a better team when it presents itself but La marque is coming in will 100% confidence, we've been hearing how good they are all year but tonight they well have to prove themselves against the best competition they've faced thus far.
[/quote]

another great post by cougar2011, i agree. not saying nava isn't good or hasn't done anything,but they really haven't had to play hard against anyone. heck,the  coogs held a highly touted qb in check when they played and crushed st. pius x. battled a tough coldspring...twice!! handed a talented 4a texas city squad with ease. what has navasota done?? not being rude,but who did they play to actually say they are al powerful?? resume please!!

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1345418" timestamp="1354319953"]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=106864.msg1345217#msg1345217 date=1354302450]
[quote author=Cougar4Life link=topic=106864.msg1345206#msg1345206 date=1354301901]
[/quote]

[/quote]

another great post by cougar2011, i agree. not saying nava isn't good or hasn't done anything,but they really haven't had to play hard against anyone. heck,the  coogs held a highly touted qb in check when they played and crushed st. pius x. battled a tough coldspring...twice!! handed a talented 4a texas city squad with ease. what has navasota done?? not being rude,but who did they play to actually say they are al powerful?? resume please!!
[/quote]
Let's do the math here.... Their stats support the theory that they are offensively unstoppable and defensively dominant. But when you multiply those stats by the weak level of competition... (excluding coldspring who held them to their season's lowest scoring performance) that in turn ='s "an average team". When your talented and well coached, your [u]suppose[/u] to blow away below average opponents. It doesn't make you the best or unstoppable. But don't get me wrong, i like navasota and i like what they are doing over there.. I just think people have them TOO high and mighty in their minds. A blow out is far from what will happen, both teams are good. I could be mistaken, but we will find that out in an hour. This is the time for both teams to prove they belong.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder