Angleton vs Georgetown

ram0524

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1342400" timestamp="1353887052"]
We will!  The kids will love the opportunity to travel on charter buses.  These are low income kids who would never get the chance to travel this way.  They will eat it up!  And the Angleton faithful will be there with us.  No inconvenience for anyone.  Spot the the ball already!!!!
[/quote]

Did Angleton not know where Georgetown was located when they agreed to this site arrangement?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1342486" timestamp="1353893688"]
[quote author=Bulldogs2011 link=topic=106711.msg1342400#msg1342400 date=1353887052]
We will!  The kids will love the opportunity to travel on charter buses.  These are low income kids who would never get the chance to travel this way.  They will eat it up!  And the Angleton faithful will be there with us.  No inconvenience for anyone.  Spot the the ball already!!!!
[/quote]

Did Angleton not know where Georgetown was located when they agreed to this site arrangement?
[/quote]/
Did you Know that Angleton does not care, and will go and play wherever.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1342469" timestamp="1353892826"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=106711.msg1342467#msg1342467 date=1353892753]
I think Angleton is the favorite going into this game due to their history as well as the lack of press Georgetown has been getting throughout the season. Its a bold prediction I know, but I have GTown winning this one by two scores. It will be quite a challenge for angleton to crack 30+ on GTown's D, but if anyone can do it its angleton. I was at college station yesterday to watch Georgetown dismantle SC's explosive offense, it was tough to watch as an alum.
[/quote]
But Angleton and SC are two totally different offenses.
[/quote]
True, that's a good point. Angleton has a very effective run game where SC made its name in the passing game. SC didn't run the ball too much against Georgetown but when they did I saw some pretty big holes, and this was with an inexperienced O-line. If angleton keeps doing what they do best on offense and can at least plays a little defense they should have it in the bag. I just haven't seen enough good defensive play by angleton to make me believe they can stop georgetown. 

[quote name="ram0524" post="1342487" timestamp="1353893729"]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=106711.msg1342486#msg1342486 date=1353893688]
[quote author=Bulldogs2011 link=topic=106711.msg1342400#msg1342400 date=1353887052]
[/quote]

[/quote]/
[/quote]

Well, no, I did not know that Angleton does not care.  It just seems  to me that in the Texas state football playoffs that the competing teams usually agree to a more mutual site to play the game.  If Angleton wins, that's great.  If they lose, then I'll be interested in your explanation of why.  And as quickly as you jumped on my
post I'm certain that you will be back here with comments on the game/outcome. ;D

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1342497" timestamp="1353895015"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106711.msg1342487#msg1342487 date=1353893729]
[quote author=usedtobe link=topic=106711.msg1342486#msg1342486 date=1353893688]
[/quote]

[/quote]/
[/quote]

Well, no, I did not know that Angleton does not care.  It just seems  to me that in the Texas state football playoffs that the competing teams usually agree to a more mutual site to play the game.  If Angleton wins, that's great.  If they lose, then I'll be interested in your explanation of why.  And as quickly as you jumped on my
post I'm certain that you will be back here with comments on the game/outcome. ;D
[/quote]
I was just saying that they will strap up and play anywhere. They more than likely choose a home for home type thing. GT prob won the coin toss and said play in the Austin region.

[quote name="GTX512" post="1342633" timestamp="1353904055"]
Angleton is a good team. They just dont have the defense to back up the offense.
[/quote]
I remember a Sulpher Springs team a few years ago that won the state championship with very little defense, they just outscored everyone.

[quote name="BigCat80" post="1342722" timestamp="1353942415"]
[quote author=GTX512 link=topic=106711.msg1342633#msg1342633 date=1353904055]
Angleton is a good team. They just dont have the defense to back up the offense.
[/quote]

I remember a Sulpher Springs team a few years ago that won the state championship with very little defense, they just outscored everyone.
[/quote]

Well, if you do THAT enough times you won't get beat. ;D

[quote name="BigCat80" post="1342722" timestamp="1353942415"]
[quote author=GTX512 link=topic=106711.msg1342633#msg1342633 date=1353904055]
[/quote]
[/quote]

SS was a great offense... very balanced.... Angleton will have to be balanced as well. Pulling for Angleton in this one.

[quote name="GTX512" post="1342633" timestamp="1353904055"]
[/quote]

Yes, the defense has been real shaky. Get 3 starters back this week. For some reason I think they will step up and play much better this week. May or may not be enough to win over Gtown. We'll just have to see. Last year the defense wasn't playing very good in their playoff run, but really stepped it up and held Dawson in the regional final game to one of their lowest point total of their season. I think the Atown offense will have to play keep away and keep that Gtown offense on the sidelines as much as possible. RB's West and Cooper need big games this week along with the Oline. 

The funny thing about this Angleton defense is that they play to their opponent, whether it be up or down.  If they play a team that isn't very good they will make the game interesting.  If they play a good team, they nut up and play hard and physical.  Which was the case against Nederland, Alief Taylor, Foster and Terry. 

Interesting note to add to this game.  Georgetown's regular season opponent's combined record is 35-65.  Angleton's regular season opponent's combined record is 55-45.  3 of Georgetown's 10 regular season opponents ended with winning records.  6 of Angleton's 10 regular season opponents ended with winning records. 

[quote name="Eagle_Fight_Never_Dies" post="1342922" timestamp="1353965792"]
I just can't respect an opponent that has to lift their mascot from Kansas State. They couldn't even pick one from the great state of Texas. Eagles win in a route, 35-6.
[/quote]

OK. Well what about Georgetown getting their design from the Green Bay Packers? Or the Georgia Bulldogs? Who cares??? What Texas university has Wildcats as their mascot? I guess it just seemed natural to pick Kansas state. Both purple, silver and white and both Wildcats.  8)

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1342750" timestamp="1353947014"]
The funny thing about this Angleton defense is that they play to their opponent, whether it be up or down.  If they play a team that isn't very good they will make the game interesting.  If they play a good team, they nut up and play hard and physical.  Which was the case against Nederland, Alief Taylor, Foster and Terry.
[/quote]This is absolutely true. They will step it up as necessary in order to get the W.

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1342938" timestamp="1353967423"]
[quote author=Eagle_Fight_Never_Dies link=topic=106711.msg1342922#msg1342922 date=1353965792]
I just can't respect an opponent that has to lift their mascot from Kansas State. They couldn't even pick one from the great state of Texas. Eagles win in a route, 35-6.
[/quote]

OK. Well what about Georgetown getting their design from the Green Bay Packers? Or the Georgia Bulldogs? Who cares??? What Texas university has Wildcats as their mascot? I guess it just seemed natural to pick Kansas state. Both purple, silver and white and both Wildcats.  8)
[/quote]

We just have our logo from Green Bay and Georgia, we didn't copy everything about them like y'all did KST. And we got Crosby playing for the Packers now, he loves that he didn't have to lose the Georgetown G.

But this ain't about uniforms, Wildcats? More like kitty cats. We're bringin' the fight to ya this weekend. Not gonna be like the cupcakes you saw the first two rounds, I'll promise you that.

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1342938" timestamp="1353967423"]
[quote author=Eagle_Fight_Never_Dies link=topic=106711.msg1342922#msg1342922 date=1353965792]
[/quote]

[/quote] +1 for the Wildcat mascot  ;) Angleton has the coaching and athletes to pull off the win !Dayton fans pulling for the
Wildcats. ( in 2008 Dayton played in the Georgetown stadium when we beat Tivy on our way to State,Johnny M. QB for A&M broke his arm in that game )

[quote name="Eagle_Fight_Never_Dies" post="1343000" timestamp="1353973789"]But this ain't about uniforms, Wildcats? More like kitty cats. We're bringin' the fight to ya this weekend. Not gonna be like the cupcakes you saw the first two rounds, I'll promise you that.
[/quote]

Less talk, more action. We're ready to crack some heads and hand out another butt whoopin'!!  ;)

[quote name="Eagle_Fight_Never_Dies" post="1343000" timestamp="1353973789"]
[quote author=ATWILDCAT link=topic=106711.msg1342938#msg1342938 date=1353967423]
[/quote]

[/quote]

We just have our logo from Green Bay and Georgia, we didn't copy everything about them like y'all did KST. And we got Crosby playing for the Packers now, he loves that he didn't have to lose the Georgetown G.

But this ain't about uniforms, Wildcats? More like kitty cats. We're bringin' the fight to ya this weekend. Not gonna be like the cupcakes you saw the first two rounds, I'll promise you that.

[/quote]

Let's not talk about cupcake opponents with that joke of a regular season schedule.  You just make sure you're ready for the physical and speed game of Angleton.  Good impression with your first couple of posts young one!

I'm not getting into a trash talking contest with Eagle. I'll only say I hope the Cats bring their A game and give Georgetown a heck of a game. They aren't 12-0 for nothing. I'm sure they have a quality program over there. Hope we give them some difficult matchup problems and pull out the win.

[quote name="Eagle_Fight_Never_Dies" post="1343000" timestamp="1353973789"]
[quote author=ATWILDCAT link=topic=106711.msg1342938#msg1342938 date=1353967423]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lotta hard talk about stealing from someone who stole his screen name from a well known Kerrville Tivy quote.

[quote name="dayton" post="1343213" timestamp="1353989807"]
[quote author=Eagle_Fight_Never_Dies link=topic=106711.msg1343000#msg1343000 date=1353973789]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lotta hard talk about stealing from someone who stole his screen name from a well known Kerrville Tivy quote.
[/quote] good observation "Dayton"  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin