Angleton vs Georgetown

ram0524

[quote name="dayton" post="1343213" timestamp="1353989807"]
[quote author=Eagle_Fight_Never_Dies link=topic=106711.msg1343000#msg1343000 date=1353973789]
[quote author=ATWILDCAT link=topic=106711.msg1342938#msg1342938 date=1353967423]
[quote author=Eagle_Fight_Never_Dies link=topic=106711.msg1342922#msg1342922 date=1353965792]
I just can't respect an opponent that has to lift their mascot from Kansas State. They couldn't even pick one from the great state of Texas. Eagles win in a route, 35-6.
[/quote]

OK. Well what about Georgetown getting their design from the Green Bay Packers? Or the Georgia Bulldogs? Who cares??? What Texas university has Wildcats as their mascot? I guess it just seemed natural to pick Kansas state. Both purple, silver and white and both Wildcats.  8)
[/quote]

We just have our logo from Green Bay and Georgia, we didn't copy everything about them like y'all did KST. And we got Crosby playing for the Packers now, he loves that he didn't have to lose the Georgetown G.

But this ain't about uniforms, Wildcats? More like kitty cats. We're bringin' the fight to ya this weekend. Not gonna be like the cupcakes you saw the first two rounds, I'll promise you that.
[/quote]

Lotta hard talk about stealing from someone who stole his screen name from a well known Kerrville Tivy quote.
[/quote]

It must not be that well known because a quick Google search only comes up with Georgetown, TX references.

All I know is Angelton's a bunch of good for nothing, tea sippin' democrats who ain't never felt the punch of a rifle takin' down an early morning buck 250 yards out. I'll be at the game Saturday, right after I harvest my first deer. Then it's onto Wildcat season...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Eagle_Fight_Never_Dies" post="1343386" timestamp="1354036161"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=106711.msg1343213#msg1343213 date=1353989807]
[quote author=Eagle_Fight_Never_Dies link=topic=106711.msg1343000#msg1343000 date=1353973789]
[quote author=ATWILDCAT link=topic=106711.msg1342938#msg1342938 date=1353967423]
[quote author=Eagle_Fight_Never_Dies link=topic=106711.msg1342922#msg1342922 date=1353965792]
I just can't respect an opponent that has to lift their mascot from Kansas State. They couldn't even pick one from the great state of Texas. Eagles win in a route, 35-6.
[/quote]

OK. Well what about Georgetown getting their design from the Green Bay Packers? Or the Georgia Bulldogs? Who cares??? What Texas university has Wildcats as their mascot? I guess it just seemed natural to pick Kansas state. Both purple, silver and white and both Wildcats.  8)
[/quote]

We just have our logo from Green Bay and Georgia, we didn't copy everything about them like y'all did KST. And we got Crosby playing for the Packers now, he loves that he didn't have to lose the Georgetown G.

But this ain't about uniforms, Wildcats? More like kitty cats. We're bringin' the fight to ya this weekend. Not gonna be like the cupcakes you saw the first two rounds, I'll promise you that.
[/quote]

Lotta hard talk about stealing from someone who stole his screen name from a well known Kerrville Tivy quote.
[/quote]

It must not be that well known because a quick Google search only comes up with Georgetown, TX references.

[b][/b]All I know is Angelton's a bunch of good for nothing, tea sippin' democrats who ain't never felt the punch of a rifle takin' down an early morning buck 250 yards out. I'll be at the game Saturday, right after I harvest my first deer. Then it's onto Wildcat season...[b][/b]
[/quote]

Dont you know you are not supposed to be on your phone during class litte fellow.

[color=yellow]All I know is Angelton's a bunch of good for nothing, tea sippin' democrats who ain't never felt the punch of a rifle takin' down an early morning buck 250 yards out. I'll be at the game Saturday, right after I harvest my first deer. Then it's onto Wildcat season...
[/quote][/color]

I just hope that all of Georgetown is as educated as you.

[quote name="exkat52" post="1343523" timestamp="1354049552"]
[color=black]All I know is Angelton's a bunch of good for nothing, tea sippin' democrats who ain't never felt the punch of a rifle takin' down an early morning buck 250 yards out.
[/quote]First of all, that's SWEET TEA. LOL! And after this saturday, your G-String Turkeys will be spending the remainder of the season watching playoff highlights of our games on TV, and you will be free on the weekends for several months. Then you and the team will have time to do all the weekend deer huntin' that you can handle together.  :P :P :P

I feel like we're all on topic here, we're just making our predictions.

I for one, predict that Georgetown is going to make the "sweet tea" sippers of Angleton wish they'd put more funding into their educational programs after we dismantle their football team. Plenty of high schools in the state are lacking in the Arts. Perhaps if you changed your focus your could sweep the Texas HS theater awards. Or maybe y'all should see about building a soccer dynasty.

[color=purple]I find it funny Georgetown is cocky after having one successful season.http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1389 . When is the last time y'all have been to the playoffs? Angleton has been having success for the last few years, we know what this game is about, the kids, coaches, and fans know how to prepare for a 3rd round game. So y'all will not have to worry about Angleton getting ready for this type of game. They are use to getting prepared for the 3rd round for the last 5 years. [/color]

Like 979 said, Angleton's past playoff experience (coaches and team) will make the difference in the outcome of this one IMO. Hell, a few of the teams coaches are retired NFL players, and one of them (Gardner) earned a Superbowl (XLI) ring while playing for Indianapolis, so they know what it takes to win in this type of situation. We also have the athletes to pull it off.

Hey guys-

I stumbled up on this forum while looking for info on Summer Creek, GT's opponent last week.  I just wanted to drop a quick note and say that the majority of GT fans are not like the ones who've previously posted. 

Sure, we're confident in our guys, and hope they win, even expect them to most times... but, we respect what our opponents can do, have done, and know that we'll have to play very well from here on out to earn the right to keep playing.

That said, here's to an injury free, competitive game that's decided on the field by the team who plays the best. 

Last thing, I saw some questions in another thread about GT's move to 4A, the enrollment dropped because a second HS opened in GT (EastView).

Go Eagles!

I haven't seen Angleton play this year, but I saw GT play SC last week, and if they let GT's QB have all day to throw as SC did then they will be in trouble. I have to think that Angleton must be pretty good if they were able to beat Ned. They shouldn't have any problem putting points on the board against GT defense even though they have a good defense which is not near as good as Ned's DF, but those little scat recievers running around with a QB having all day to find them could be a problem if they allow it to happen. Since I have not seen Angleton play, What do you Ned fans think (honestly) about the Angleton DF and OF? I would like to know if there is any video on the Ned@Angleton game? 

[quote name="bulldog1984" post="1343956" timestamp="1354124309"]
i would say better than summer creek. not sure if anyone was hurt on defense when we played them. Its going to be a good game ,just have a feeling Angleton will win. i was 4 for 4 last week in playoff picks  ;D
[/quote]I'm pulling for Angleton, just hope they don't let that QB have all day to pass ;D

[quote name="GTFAN" post="1343893" timestamp="1354118050"]
Hey guys-

I stumbled up on this forum while looking for info on Summer Creek, GT's opponent last week.  I just wanted to drop a quick note and say that the majority of GT fans are not like the ones who've previously posted. 

Sure, we're confident in our guys, and hope they win, even expect them to most times... but, we respect what our opponents can do, have done, and know that we'll have to play very well from here on out to earn the right to keep playing.

That said, here's to an injury free, competitive game that's decided on the field by the team who plays the best. 

Last thing, I saw some questions in another thread about GT's move to 4A, the enrollment dropped because a second HS opened in GT (EastView).

Go Eagles!
[/quote]
Nice post, here's to an injury free clean played game.

Go Cats!!!

[quote name="Trocket" post="1343954" timestamp="1354123999"]
[quote author=bulldog1984 link=topic=106711.msg1343946#msg1343946 date=1354123296]
was at ned vs angleton game and they are good and fast. i think angleton will win but if they make mistakes Gt will make them pay. Angleton 31 GT 21
[/quote]What about their pass defense?
[/quote]

I think they have close to 25 Ints on the year.  If you include forced fumbles they have forced about 40 turnovers this year in 12 games.

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1344017" timestamp="1354129858"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=106711.msg1343954#msg1343954 date=1354123999]
[quote author=bulldog1984 link=topic=106711.msg1343946#msg1343946 date=1354123296]
was at ned vs angleton game and they are good and fast. i think angleton will win but if they make mistakes Gt will make them pay. Angleton 31 GT 21
[/quote]What about their pass defense?
[/quote]

I think they have close to 25 Ints on the year.  If you include forced fumbles they have forced about 40 turnovers this year in 12 games.
[/quote]It should be a good game, also hope Ned wins Friday as well, I will not make either game but will be there next week pulling for those bulldogs. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder