Wo-s vs Lorena

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be a liar if I said I did either...I know they have had good teams up that way..kinda doubt that they have played the caliber of teams we face down here. I expect WOS to win but a dogfight. We will have to play better than we did tonight though. Navasota and LaMarque should be very interesting.

Lorena lost to Madisonville 24-18 and Waco Connally 29-19..beat Waco LaVega 32-20, Robinson 35-28, Groesbeck 22-20, China Spring 52-35, and Rockdale 36-22 among others. Average giving up 23 points a game, average scoring 36 points per game. According to Maxpreps averaging 143 yards passing per game and 286 yards rushing per game (not counting tonights game). Junior Qb named Coleman 58% passer, 13tds, 9 int's. He is also their leading rusher by far with over 1600 yards rushing, almost 6 yards per carry and 28 tds. Bays is leading reciver..37 catches 624 yards 3 tds

[quote name="89falcon" post="1340435" timestamp="1353758679"]
WOS will win this handily but all games are just for consolation due to Navasota down the road.
[/quote]

Geez sounds like no reason to drive far and spend money to play a game if the next week your going to get beat. Oh wait, that's right there is a reason they play the games because Hello!!!! You play the game to win !!!!!!

WOS MUST play better on offense than they did last night. The defense must not miss tackles as well. Coach T was not happy with the performance last night and who can blame him. Yes a win is still a win and no Mustang got hurt, but they MUST play lights out on both sides of the ball. If not than the season COULD be over. You play on the field and not on paper.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1340514" timestamp="1353769359"]
WOS will unleash heck on Lorena.  Like I said they played horrible an still really wasn't challenged much by WC. God help Lorena they will need it
[/quote]

Though i predict WOS will win this game this week. They should be very worried with that offensive performance this late in the season. Yes, West Columbia is a very talented team when all the pieces are clicking at once and yes WOS won by two scores, but teams like La marque and Navasota are gonna feed off of eachother this week. West columbia is lighty above average competition, La marque is #5 in the state and Navasota #1. Whoever wins that game will have won over stiffer competition and be battle tested. Good luck to you all though, you have a great squad this season.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1340521" timestamp="1353770295"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=106680.msg1340514#msg1340514 date=1353769359]
WOS will unleash heck on Lorena.  Like I said they played horrible an still really wasn't challenged much by WC. God help Lorena they will need it
[/quote]

Though i predict WOS will win this game this week. They should be very worried with that offensive performance this late in the season. Yes, West Columbia is a very talented team when all the pieces are clicking at once and yes WOS won by two scores, but teams like La marque and Navasota are gonna feed off of eachother this week. West columbia is lighty above average competition, La marque is #5 in the state and Navasota #1. Whoever wins that game will have won over stiffer competition and be battle tested. Good luck to you all though, you have a great squad this season.
[/quote]

I think to beat Navasota or LaMarque either one we would have to open up the offense. I think we are playing a little close to the vest, which we could afford to do right now. Sooner or later though your gonna have to put the game in Salter's arm.

The one game I get to see this year and they play like that? I don't understand it. Why in the world did we shut it down in the 3rd quarter.  WC is not a team that you do that on. I'm not a coach and know there are reasons but come on. Anyways, great game to both teams. One of the cleanest games I've seen. Two very disciplined teams. Hats off to WC, for not having a "passing" offense, sure did look like it. For those that are doubting our offensive capabilities, think about it for a minute, if we can win without opening up our playbook, then why should we  show people what we have so they can scout it? However, there is a difference in playing conservative or running the same play over and over starting in the 3rd quarter of a playoff game. Great game and season WC and go get Lorena 'Stangs.

One reason you want to open it up and give them more to prepare for is just that, give them more to prepare for. There is only so much time between now and next game and the more things the opponent has to practice and gameplan against the less time they have to prepare for what you do best! Especially come playoff time when they don't know you like local foes do.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder