#5 Nederland vs #1 Pearland Dawson

dogbite

Anyone know the confirmed time Ned/pearland Dawson?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone know the confirmed time Ned/pearland Dawson?

• Nederland Bulldogs
    • Pearland dawson

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1342967" timestamp="1353970348"]
[quote author=NDOMAKONG link=topic=106670.msg1342963#msg1342963 date=1353970168]
We suck, you will have a cakewalk, no worries.
[/quote]

Yeah it'll be over with by halftime. We are terrible...
[/quote]

I agree Dawson will has this game won. I don't even know why we are playing it...
Bulldogs are way to slow to even be on the same field as the mighty Pearland Dawson Football game.
:-[ :( >:( :o 8)

[quote name="dogbite" post="1342986" timestamp="1353971636"]
From my view Nederland played good against Crosby then kind of went into a slumber through the beginning of district and woke up revived and better against ozen.  From there we've continually improved and are playing very good football at just the right time!
[/quote]

This is not true... Dawson will put up 1000 yards rushing and 100 points... Dawson is even better than Humble Summer Creek Bulldogs...

:o :o :o :o :o :o

[quote name="ram0524" post="1343281" timestamp="1354021338"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=106670.msg1343276#msg1343276 date=1354019700]
Will they be selling tickets @ Reliant? Or do I need to drive up the road to PD's place to get them before friday? I gotta make this game, it's gonna be a gooood one. Then, It's off to Gupton Stadium sat morning to see our 'Cats play! Then, pro ball on sun. My w/e will be spent watching lots of high quality HS and NFL football!  ;D ;D ;D The Cat's owe PD a whippin' too after last year's quarter final game, so GO BIG NED!!!
[/quote]
They will be selling tickets at the gate for $13. Idk about Dawson High School, but in Nederland you can buy tickets at the school. Students $7 and Adult $10. It should be the same over there.
[/quote]Well, I know I can get tickets for the 'Cats saturday game at the field house. I'll ask them if maybe they have tickets for the NED/PD game also.

I think Nederland will have a hard time keeping Dawson's score so low.  The offense is very powerful.  James White is the workhorse, no doubt, but you also have to consider Tony Upchurch, McDuffie, Sharp and a few others.  Dawson has quite a few offensive weapons that sometimes get overlooked.  Every team we have played have focused on White, yet he manages to push through to get the yardage when needed.  I understand N has a good defense, but Dawson's offense is more than a one man show.  On most teams, without a James White, these other guys would be the headlines.

The Nederland Offense will have to score quite a bit to stay in the game.  Just my thoughts.

[color=red][b]Go Dawson Eagles!![/b][/color]

I tend to agree with you regarding Dawson's offense, I'm sure it is potent and I don't think we will be able to dominate with our defense like usual due to the amount of speed that will be on the field.  We will need to force a couple of turnovers and make a few stops here and there, but to think we will shut this group down will be tough.  What I do think may happen, is Nederland runs the football and chews clock which may put some pressure and cause frustration if the Dawson offense is forced to punt a few times early.  Nederland's game plan is like often times like that anasthetic at the hospital, one second you're talking to the nurses, the next second you wake up and lost an appendix or something.  They tend to shorten the game with their running game, I don't think Dawson will enjoy playing in a game like that if it turns into that type of game... and that's what Nederland should try to do.  And it will be frustrating.

[quote name="wolf6151" post="1343646" timestamp="1354067245"]
I think Nederland will have a hard time keeping Dawson's score so low.  The offense is very powerful.  James White is the workhorse, no doubt, but you also have to consider Tony Upchurch, McDuffie, Sharp and a few others.  Dawson has quite a few offensive weapons that sometimes get overlooked.  Every team we have played have focused on White, yet he manages to push through to get the yardage when needed.  I understand N has a good defense, but Dawson's offense is more than a one man show.  On most teams, without a James White, these other guys would be the headlines.

The Nederland Offense will have to score quite a bit to stay in the game.  Just my thoughts.

[color=red][b]Go Dawson Eagles!![/b][/color]
[/quote]

Honest question.. Are y'all better than last year in your opinion?

I am not a football expert, just a Mom who has been to many games, so take my opinion for what it is worth.....  There were more experienced players last year, but self-discipline was much weaker.  I haven't gone back to look at stats, but Dawson gave away a lot of yardage last year in personal fouls and other stupid penalties.  I think I saw somewhere that we lost 43 seniors, obviously we have to fill some spots. 

This year's team is not as "polished" as last year, but they have something I didn't see last year - they keep their heads in the game until the last second.  They don't give away tons of yardage to penalties. The talent and ability is there.  As I said earlier, lots of strong players on offense to mix things up and take the pressure off of White when needed.  But White is the workhorse.  The Defense does a great job in making the big plays when needed. 

It's not the same team as last year, but they somehow manage to keep in the game and pull it out.  Sound familiar?  I hear you guys do the same. 

I'm really looking forward to the game!

I see this Nederland team as a bigger version of the PNG team that lost to Waller in mid 2000. We wore you down with the running game, hit a few big pass plays here and there and played a very physical defense that would bend a bit, but forced teams to get outta there gameplan and make mistakes. Problem was we ran into someone who was just a little bigger and we couldn't wear'em down. Nederland circa 2012 fits this same mode, just they are bigger and can matchup physically with many teams. Dawson may be that first BIG test that Nederland can't wear down, but if so, just like PNG did with Waller, Ned will go down fightin. Dawson like Waller will feel it the next week.

This Bulldog team is hungry, they know what they have to go into this fight.  They are 4 games from State, they have that scent in their noses now and it will be extremely difficult for Dawson to shake them Bulldogs off.  My DOGS are going to show everyone Friday what they are made of and what a special team that they are.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder