Central QB Robert Mitchell

thebear14

This is probably another kid you see switch to db at the next level. He's definitely a qb on the FCS level but I think he's going to bet FBS offers which would probably require him to switch to wr or db.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Robert-Mitchell-119771

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1336856" timestamp="1353300915"]
If he's going to play fbs football then he will go juco first. In this day an age of recruiting if you dnt have and offer from a FBS. School you probably wont get one, most teams are full.

Im suprised Mcneese Lamar and SFA haven't offered
[/quote]

Agreed.  The Cardinals are in desperate need of a player like Mitchell.  He is an all around playmaker and can make a positive impact in year 1 or 2.

[quote name="NDNTime" post="1336858" timestamp="1353301306"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=106497.msg1336856#msg1336856 date=1353300915]
If he's going to play fbs football then he will go juco first. In this day an age of recruiting if you dnt have and offer from a FBS. School you probably wont get one, most teams are full.

[/quote]

Agreed.  The Cardinals are in desperate need of a player like Mitchell.  He is an all around playmaker and can make a positive impact in year 1 or 2.
[/quote]McNeese: Yes. Lamar is more than likely out of the question as far as FCS schools in the local area that he would attend IMO.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1336923" timestamp="1353335765"]
It's making me mad all over again.  He wasn't showcased and his talents were wasted.  he should have been signed at the beginning of this year.  I wish him we'll.  I know he will flourish at the next level.  I'm hoping his 4 years in the Maroon and Gray didn't set him back too far...
[/quote]I agree! Kid has a big time arm!

It's making me mad all over again.  He wasn't showcased and his talents were wasted.  he should have been signed at the beginning of this year.  I wish him we'll.  I know he will flourish at the next level.  I'm hoping his 4 years in the Maroon and Gray didn't set him back too far...
[/quote]Are you suggesting that maybe some of the Central kids need to transfer to Ozen?  8)

This young man is a BEAST! very elusive, a cannon for an arm and very athletic! I wish him well! I hope someone pulls their head out of their A** and inks him... he would be a great asset to any team on the next level... would make a great WR or DB... I think in the right setting he could play QB for a smaller school...

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1336856" timestamp="1353300915"]
[b]If he's going to play fbs football then he will go juco first. In this day an age of recruiting if you dnt have and offer from a FBS.[/b] School you probably wont get one, most teams are full.

[/quote]That's exactly the opposite of the truth, only the elite talents have offers now. On normal kids schools wait because they always think they can get players they can't. They have a certain number of slots to fill at a certain position. If a school is looking at dbs they have a wish list and a another list of who they would take if all those kids commit. Pick an offer/commit sheet to look at on ESPN, right now you have all the "wish" kids with offers and the others with just "interest". When the "wish" kids commit then they offer the "interest" kids, but that usually isn't until January when they review all the kids on their "big board's" senior season. A lot of seniors right now are just getting recruiting calls and letters, once it gets closer to signing day you will start to see those turn into offers. Kids like Mitchell and Raliegh Johnson just have interest right now, by the new year they'll start to pick up offers. Jakobi Jones doesn't have an official offer on rivals yet either, do you think he's going to Lamar or McNeese?

[quote name="cougar14" post="1336946" timestamp="1353338664"]
[b]If he's going to play fbs football then he will go juco first. In this day an age of recruiting if you dnt have and offer from a FBS.[/b] School you probably wont get one, most teams are full.

[/quote]That's exactly the opposite of the truth, only the elite talents have offers now. On normal kids schools wait because they always think they can get players they can't. They have a certain number of slots to fill at a certain position. If a school is looking at dbs they have a wish list and a another list of who they would take if all those kids commit. Pick an offer/commit sheet to look at on ESPN, right now you have all the "wish" kids with offers and the others with just "interest". When the "wish" kids commit then they offer the "interest" kids, but that usually isn't until January when they review all the kids on their "big board's" senior season. A lot of seniors right now are just getting recruiting calls and letters, once it gets closer to signing day you will start to see those turn into offers. Kids like Mitchell and Raliegh Johnson just have interest right now, by the new year they'll start to pick up offers. Jakobi Jones doesn't have an official offer on rivals yet either, do you think he's going to Lamar or McNeese?
[/quote]
At one point, weren't the scouts showing up at practice for both Mitchell boys? I remember speaking to a family member who said Texas, Texas Tech and a few others were showing interest.

I think that Jakobi's size is what's keeping him on the "interest" list but I could be wrong.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1336946" timestamp="1353338664"]

Please post what you know. Recruiting has jumped over the years if you dnt have and offer by now from a fbs school your probably not getting one. And yes Jakobi Jones will end up at a juco or Lamar or Mcneese type of school.

I do all the recruiting for WOS and most of my kids had offers before the season started and while they are all talented experts wouldn't call them elite.

[/quote]

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1336939" timestamp="1353338214"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106497.msg1336923#msg1336923 date=1353335765]
[/quote]Are you suggesting that maybe some of the Central kids need to transfer to Ozen?  8)
[/quote]It pains me to day this, but he would have been better of at Ozen or West Brook.  Smh.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1336989" timestamp="1353341224"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106497.msg1336946#msg1336946 date=1353338664]

Please post what you know. Recruiting has jumped over the years if you dnt have and offer by now from a fbs school your probably not getting one. [b]And yes Jakobi Jones will end up at a juco or Lamar or Mcneese type of school.[/b]

I do all the recruiting for WOS and most of my kids had offers before the season started and while they are all talented experts wouldn't call them elite.

[/quote]
[/quote]If he goes to a school like that it's going to be grades or other issues, he's small but they take kids that size all the time. It's probably more along the situation I had my senior year with UH. Coach Bradley Peveto recruited me after I blew away a 7 on 7 camp but told me he had to recruit me as an athlete if Anthony Evans committed as a rb, Jones is most likely in the same situation. It's idiodic to think that some seniors now won't have offers three months from now though. Your basically saying recruiters say, "we're only taking kids that have great junior years, forget what they do when they're seniors."I am posting what I know, I was recruited and offered by SFA, Sam, and McNeese as well as other FCS and D2 schools. I didn't get an FBS offer until around January when I committed to Rice after being recruited by Barney Farrarh, two or three days before signing day I found out that I wasn't going to qualify and wanted to take the scholarship offer I had to play db at UH but they were fully committed by then so I went to South Dakota State instead. Coach Farrarh wanted me to go to East Mississippi or Southeast Mississippi JUCO for a year to get my grades up but back then I thought I was above a JUCO. These are the WOS kids for this year, maybe I shouldn't have used the word elite and instead said "being shown interest from multiple FBS schools". The WOS kids are on some FBS schools "wish" list and therefore have impressive offer sheets already. 
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?sport=football&year=2013&highschool_text=West+Orange-Stark&highschools=15657&state=Texas

IMO, Mitchell was the most dangerous QB in the district this season...the kid is a really good player and with his size and arm, he can play at the next level...he reminded me of Trey Green somewhat, but I do feel as though Trey had a better supporting cast...that makes a difference

[quote name="Razor" post="1337040" timestamp="1353344722"]
IMO, Mitchell was the most dangerous QB in the district this season...the kid is a really good player and with his size and arm, he can play at the next level...he reminded me of Trey Green somewhat, but I do feel as though Trey had a better supporting cast...that makes a difference
[/quote]

I said this in a post leading up the the Nederland game. It's a shame that Lamar has offered some players in this area but not the good ones that produce on the field yet. I'm not surprise though they haven't offered any one to note this year.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1337015" timestamp="1353342775"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106497.msg1336939#msg1336939 date=1353338214]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=106497.msg1336923#msg1336923 date=1353335765]
[/quote]It pains me to day this, but he would have been better of at Ozen or West Brook.  Smh.
[/quote]

That sure would've made my year if he was playing at Ozen.  I'm certain both he and the panthers would still be playing.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1337018" timestamp="1353342946"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=106497.msg1336989#msg1336989 date=1353341224]

Please post what you know. Recruiting has jumped over the years if you dnt have and offer by now from a fbs school your probably not getting one. [b]And yes Jakobi Jones will end up at a juco or Lamar or Mcneese type of school.[/b]

[/quote]
[/quote]If he goes to a school like that it's going to be grades or other issues, he's small but they take kids that size all the time. It's probably more along the situation I had my senior year with UH. Coach Bradley Peveto recruited me after I blew away a 7 on 7 camp but told me he had to recruit me as an athlete if Anthony Evans committed as a rb, Jones is most likely in the same situation. It's idiodic to think that some seniors now won't have offers three months from now though. Your basically saying recruiters say, "we're only taking kids that have great junior years, forget what they do when they're seniors."I am posting what I know, I was recruited and offered by SFA, Sam, and McNeese as well as other FCS and D2 schools. I didn't get an FBS offer until around January when I committed to Rice after being recruited by Barney Farrarh, two or three days before signing day I found out that I wasn't going to qualify and wanted to take the scholarship offer I had to play db at UH but they were fully committed by then so I went to South Dakota State instead. Coach Farrarh wanted me to go to East Mississippi or Southeast Mississippi JUCO for a year to get my grades up but back then I thought I was above a JUCO. These are the WOS kids for this year, maybe I shouldn't have used the word elite and instead said "being shown interest from multiple FBS schools". The WOS kids are on some FBS schools "wish" list and therefore have impressive offer sheets already. 
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?sport=football&year=2013&highschool_text=West+Orange-Stark&highschools=15657&state=Texas
[/quote]

You are the same one said Sharp from Summer Creek don't have offers because of his release point....I'm not saying he will get offers, but not too many colleges come after QBs until their spring junior season or senior year.....yea some are offered early, but those are the "Elite" ones I guess

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1337236" timestamp="1353355318"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106497.msg1337018#msg1337018 date=1353342946]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=106497.msg1336989#msg1336989 date=1353341224]

[/quote]
[/quote]

You are the same one said Sharp from Summer Creek don't have offers because of his release point....I'm not saying he will get offers, but not too many colleges come after QBs until their spring junior season or senior year.....yea some are offered early, but those are the "Elite" ones I guess
[/quote]He already has been offered by FBS schools last summer so I didn't say he wouldn't be offered. I was just saying there is a reason one of the most prolific passers in the state who's been playing in varsity games since he was a freshman didn't have MORE offers. He does drop it down and sling it from right above the shoulder pads. I said in post numerous times I thought he was going to be in the ESPNU 150 so that tells you what I think. If you read what I put you would see I said I thought he would go to the Big 12 or SEC, I'm sure he'll probably pick up double digit offers in the spring and summer. You should probably read mine before you post yours, come on now your acting like May.

Guest ECBucFan
It's making me mad all over again.  He wasn't showcased and his talents were wasted. 
[/quote]

Should "showcasing" an individual be the priority for HS teams? What about "teamwork" and [i]winning as a team[/i]? Yeah I get it; some kids are dominate, and they will make it to the next level, "showcased" or not. No one should be "mad" about a TEAM not "showcasing" an individual.     

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1337015" timestamp="1353342775"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106497.msg1336939#msg1336939 date=1353338214]
[/quote]

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he would have certainly shined brightly at Ozen and we would also STILL be playing this week, BUT sadly he was a Jag and one that I enjoyed competing against these last few years. I look forward to seeing him at the next level, hopefully as a QB under a GOOD QB coach at a great school!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83