Summer Creek vs. Georgetown

BHFAN

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1337539" timestamp="1353376252"]
You gotta discount anything a Pirate fan says about SC. Vidor got embarassed any they're still pissed. It had to be very disheartening to know exactly what SC was going to do an not be able to stop it.

Our offense is as complete as it gets. Now if U want to pick at our defense, you may have more luck. Having said that, SC's defense is the best Vidor has seen this year. All those forced turnovers and go back and look at the game http://youtu.be/kDyHNRAgzWk and you'll see a very physical defense that laid down some vicious hits.
[/quote]

So, what happens when the "Greatest Show on Turf" faces a complete defense? You keep picking on Nederland, but who would you say is the best D you have faced? I promise Nederland has a better defense than ANY you have faced. Here's a few stats since you are a numbers guy:

1. Vidor had the most yards all season on Ned with 311. They scored 13 points and their last TD came with 1 minute left. How many yards and points did they have against y'all?

2. Ned defense has allowed only 87 yards per game passing And has 17 INT. I bring this up since you feel that your Bulldogs would burn Neds 2ndary all game long. Doubtful.

3. Angleton is the only team all season to score more than 21 on Ned. They scored 39 and were aided by 5 Ned turnovers. The only other 2 teams to score more than 14 BOTH scored on the last play of the game against 2nd string D. Those teams were GCM and LCM.

4. Y'all gave up nearly 500 yards to Crosby. Ned held them to 159 and 7 points.

5. You asked earlier if Neds defense is similar to Vidor. Nederland is much bigger on the D Line and has a much better secondary in my opinion.

I hope this game happens down the road. Lots of work to be done for both teams to make it happen. I have no doubts that the SC offense would be by far the best offense Ned has faced, but I will promise SC has yet to face a defense as Ned. Good luck this weekend vs. a very solid Georgetown team. Are y'all good? Yes. Are y'all great? I'm not ready to say yes to that YET. I don't know how good Ned truly is or how far they will go, but I can assure you they aren't near as bad as many of you are thinking!

[quote name="jake94" post="1337724" timestamp="1353394073"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1337539#msg1337539 date=1353376252]
You gotta discount anything a Pirate fan says about SC. Vidor got embarassed any they're still pissed. It had to be very disheartening to know exactly what SC was going to do an not be able to stop it.

Our offense is as complete as it gets. Now if U want to pick at our defense, you may have more luck. Having said that, SC's defense is the best Vidor has seen this year. All those forced turnovers and go back and look at the game http://youtu.be/kDyHNRAgzWk and you'll see a very physical defense that laid down some vicious hits.
[/quote]

So, what happens when the "Greatest Show on Turf" faces a complete defense? You keep picking on Nederland, but who would you say is the best D you have faced? I promise Nederland has a better defense than ANY you have faced. Here's a few stats since you are a numbers guy:

1. Vidor had the most yards all season on Ned with 311. They scored 13 points and their last TD came with 1 minute left. How many yards and points did they have against y'all?

2. Ned defense has allowed only 87 yards per game passing And has 17 INT. I bring this up since you feel that your Bulldogs would burn Neds 2ndary all game long. Doubtful.

3. Angleton is the only team all season to score more than 21 on Ned. They scored 39 and were aided by 5 Ned turnovers. The only other 2 teams to score more than 14 BOTH scored on the last play of the game against 2nd string D. Those teams were GCM and LCM.

5. You asked earlier if Neds defense is similar to Vidor. Nederland is much bigger on the D Line and has a much better secondary in my opinion.

I hope this game happens down the road. Lots of work to be done for both teams to make it happen. I have no doubts that the SC offense would be by far the best offense Ned has faced, but I will promise SC has yet to face a defense as Ned. Good luck this weekend vs. a very solid Georgetown team. Are y'all good? Yes. Are y'all great? I'm not ready to say yes to that YET. I don't know how good Ned truly is or how far they will go, but I can assure you they aren't near as bad as many of you are thinking!
[/quote]

YEAH... what he said!!!

A lack of familiarity with Vidors offense can cause problems.... which it did for sc . I think if you play that game a few more times, sc would win bigger each time.  One thing Ned would have to do if they were to play sc is finish. They had several short fields against Dayton and came away empty handed. Neds run game won't move the chains on sc like it did Dayton unless they find a way to start hiding he ball and sc's defenders won't let kimler run by.... for multiple reasons. Lots would have to happen for this game to be possible, but i just see sc stopping most traditional running attacks. Another worry in opinion is the fact that the Dayton qbs were able to scramble around.... sharp will hit the open man in this situation .

[quote name="dayton" post="1337758" timestamp="1353416388"]
A lack of familiarity with Vidors offense can cause problems.... which it did for sc . I think if you play that game a few more times, sc would win bigger each time.  One thing Ned would have to do if they were to play sc is finish. They had several short fields against Dayton and came away empty handed. Neds run game won't move the chains on sc like it did Dayton unless they find a way to start hiding he ball and sc's defenders won't let kimler run by.... for multiple reasons. Lots would have to happen for this game to be possible, but i just see sc stopping most traditional running attacks. Another worry in opinion is the fact that the Dayton qbs were able to scramble around.... sharp will hit the open man in this situation .
[/quote]

All very good points! Also, it had credibility coming from a guy who has seen both teams in person!

[quote name="jake94" post="1337724" timestamp="1353394073"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1337539#msg1337539 date=1353376252]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with your number 5...Sc-Ned would be a great game for sure. Until then, I am going with SC to win this week.

GTown's defense is suspect...I've said this repeatedly.  If GTown's offense can pass at will like they're accustomed to, then the game becomes really tough.  I would say a major factor will be SC's defensive back play, but it will be more critical for the D line to put pressure on GTown's QB.  No DB can cover a good receiver forever.  I've seen SC get hurt by lack of a pass rush at times.  Somebody on SC's D line has to step up and create some havoc [b]in the backfield[/b] on Saturday.  If that happens, the possibility of SC's DB's getting picks goes up exponentially.  These guys can snag the ball.  Their safety, Byron Francis, has shown great ability to take it to the house and he's been laying down some vicious hits.  One of their corners, Justin Jenkins, has good hands with 4.5 to 4.4 forty speed.  If he gets a lane, not many can catch him.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1337839" timestamp="1353425495"]
GTown's defense is suspect...I've said this repeatedly.  If GTown's offense can pass at will like they're accustomed to, then the game becomes really tough.  I would say a major factor will be SC's defensive back play, but it will be more critical for the D line to put pressure on GTown's QB.  No DB can cover a good receiver forever.  I've seen SC get hurt by lack of a pass rush at times.  Somebody on SC's D line has to step up and create some havoc [b]in the backfield[/b] on Saturday.  If that happens, the possibility of SC's DB's getting picks goes up exponentially.  These guys can snag the ball.  Their safety, Byron Francis, has shown great ability to take it to the house and he's been laying down some vicious hits.  One of their corners, Justin Jenkins, has good hands with 4.5 to 4.4 forty speed.  If he gets a lane, not many can catch him.
[/quote]

Justin need to have a big game. He struggles with the pass. That's why Crosby had a lot of yards passing...

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1336627" timestamp="1353286945"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106448.msg1336589#msg1336589 date=1353283606]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106448.msg1336541#msg1336541 date=1353280426]
[ftp][/ftp][quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106448.msg1336515#msg1336515 date=1353277575]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1336454#msg1336454 date=1353273841]
This team has a lot of rushing yards considering 1) this is a pass 1st offense, and 2) the starting RB's rotate (thunder and lightening).[b] Combined rushing yards by all 3 backs is over 1500 yards.[/b] If one of our backs had those yards, we'd be singing another song right now.
[/quote]Y'all shouldn't think Aldridge is the best then. Walter finished with more than all three of your backs. He had 1,667 yards during the regular season and 211 more. If he ran behind y'all line you could pencil him in for and easy 2000.
[/quote]

I love the twins, but remember Aldridge is rotating with 2 other backs, he has close to 600 yards.....the twins RB carries the ball every other play, from start to finish....he never played a full game
[/quote]
Twin running back has 154 carries. Total plays for Crosby is 541.

So the twin didn't even carry a quarter of the plays man.
[/quote]

EVery game I been to, it's the RB or QB that's running the ball, yea he will throw some, but who else ran the ball other than the twins?? ???
[/quote]
Against Nederland no one...  :D ;D 8)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336667" timestamp="1353289022"]
BH's RB???!!!!  Really???!!!  You can't be serious. W/o the sneaky option, none of BH's RB's pose a threat.  Their offense is like running a trick play each down. It makes even marginal backs look good. Just look at Vidor.  If it were not for deception, that team isn't running on anyone.
[/quote]

No it makes your defense look bad...

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1337876" timestamp="1353427786"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1337839#msg1337839 date=1353425495]
[/quote]

Justin need to have a big game. He struggles with the pass. That's why Crosby had a lot of yards passing...
[/quote]

I half way agree to that.  He can freeze up because he's expecting help from the safeties and linebackers (in the flat).  He really needs to be more aggressive and act like the ball is his when its in the air.  Where I disagree is he's essentially a "cover corner" that is rarely out of position.  He can stay with even the quickest of receivers and this will stop most QB's from throwning on his side.  I can't remember the last time he's been burned deep.  Now, SC's safeties have taken a nap from time to time.  Most recently that WIDE OPEN Vidor receiver that would have gotten an easy 6 if their QB could have made the pass.

Crosby had a big game because our OLB's couldn't get their a** to the flat. 

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1337227" timestamp="1353354905"]
[quote author=C O Wilson Bullpups link=topic=106448.msg1337205#msg1337205 date=1353354141]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1336090#msg1336090 date=1353254917]
Here's the thing, each week from PN-G to Crosby to BH to the mighty Dayton and last week hard nosed Vidor, SC was told they were in trouble. Each time we came out and over powered the competition with our high powered offense. I'm convinced NO team has seen an offense like SC this year. PN-G, Crosby, Dayton & Vidor are all very proud teams that never imagined it was possible to have 45+ points hung on 'em.  I'm not about to start doubting SC's offense now.

SC's defense is the wild card in this game. They need to have a solid game and keep Georgetown to slow scores.  Our DB's need some picks.  The arm tackles must stop.

I've never seen Georgetown play and I'm really curious to see if they're the another "great team" that's never seen a team of SC's level.
[/quote]

I cannot wait until a team blows out the Mighty Summer Creek Bulldawgs... Rather it will be Pearland Dawson or Nederland.
[/quote]Nederland couldn't score on Sc unless they purposely let them!  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Really??? Only reason the broncos scored against Nederland was the refs who was wearing their blinders all game your o-line was holding and blocking in the back to save your QB.

#60 on your defense was a beast rest of your team not so much...

[quote name="BHjustwin" post="1337331" timestamp="1353361531"]
SC is real and you can talk all that smack you want about us in 19 4A. BH runs trick plays every down? SC aint been tested??? WTH???? I have watched the game film from BH vs SC and they have a complete package. They aint losing this game and that #44 linebacker is a beast and a half!!!! And they would break Nederland over and spank them and send them home.
Picking SC to make it to state.
[/quote]

Stop smoking what the smokingbaby is handing out at barbies hill... It is a controlled substance...

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1337895" timestamp="1353428498"]
Hey...here's the angry pirate girl.  She was WAAAAY wrong last week, and now she's trying to go 0-2 in her predictions.  :D
[/quote]

LOL far from angry dear.  This will be a good game though considering both teams are undefeated.  Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1337886" timestamp="1353428232"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106448.msg1337876#msg1337876 date=1353427786]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1337839#msg1337839 date=1353425495]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I half way agree to that.  He can freeze up because he's expecting help from the safeties and linebackers (in the flat).  He really needs to be more aggressive and act like the ball is his when its in the air.  Where I disagree is he's essentially a "cover corner" that is rarely out of position.  He can stay with even the quickest of receivers and this will stop most QB's from throwning on his side.  I can't remember the last time he's been burned deep.  Now, SC's safeties have taken a nap from time to time.  Most recently that WIDE OPEN Vidor receiver that would have gotten an easy 6 if their QB could have made the pass.

[/quote]

That's true too....Justin watches the ball in the air, and watch the WR get in position to make a play, but don't react to ball.....that's not good. I believe #23 should be over there in that spot...

I wish Gtown had more 2012 footage on the web.  They have lots of 2011 games posted.  I'm smelling a BLOW OUT by SC.  I just need to see how our defense handles their passing game.  Looking at their corners ...GTown is in TROUBLE.  Might end up being a shoot out if SC's defense struggles.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336667" timestamp="1353289022"]
BH's RB???!!!!  Really???!!!  You can't be serious. W/o the sneaky option, none of BH's RB's pose a threat.  Their offense is like running a trick play each down. It makes even marginal backs look good. Just look at Vidor.  If it were not for deception, that team isn't running on anyone.
[/quote]
This has nothing to do with SC vs Georgetown but........this is about the stupidest quote I have ever read. Is a quarterback only good if he drops back and passes on a 5 step drop? Play action would be deceptive and that makes even marginal QB's look good. Deception and dealing with it are part of the game........heck, we ought to throw any stats for a running back that played in the wishbone out of the books.........he isn't any good.....it was smoke and mirrors.

Reminds me of obama's "you didn't build that" flub

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1337903" timestamp="1353428992"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1337886#msg1337886 date=1353428232]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106448.msg1337876#msg1337876 date=1353427786]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's true too....Justin watches the ball in the air, and watch the WR get in position to make a play, but don't react to ball.....that's not good. I believe #23 should be over there in that spot...
[/quote]

Yeah, needs to break on the ball and react aggressively.  I think he's scared to get burned so he pulls up to make certain he gets the tackle.  He's gotta gamble a bit more, but I hear the coaches prefer the definite stop and that's what they coach.  Its frustrating because his flat out speed could put him in position for a lot of picks (He, Keithron, & Byron are tied at the top of the district in picks).. If you watch some of those games posted on Texanallsports, Justin presence has kept a lot of throwing from happening on his side.  I've seen some good receivers not get a reception all night while he was covering.  Crosby would be the exception, but those short throws were the linebackers responsibility.  #23 (J. Reece) isn't ready yet IMO, but should have a good year in 2013.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1337907" timestamp="1353429181"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1336667#msg1336667 date=1353289022]
[/quote]
This has nothing to do with SC vs Georgetown but........this is about the stupidest quote I have ever read. Is a quarterback only good if he drops back and passes on a 5 step drop? Play action would be deceptive and that makes even marginal QB's look good. Deception and dealing with it are part of the game........heck, we ought to throw any stats for a running back that played in the wishbone out of the books.........he isn't any good.....it was smoke and mirrors.

Reminds me of obama's "you didn't build that" flub
[/quote]

I stand by my quote.  I don't see any player on BH or Vidor being able to line up in a traditional pro set and rack up yards.  The occasional play action does help a QB, but also takes advantage of an over blitzing defense.  Why don't most major college programs or pro teams run this style of offense?  Vidor had 5 -10 yard head starts on SC's linebackers and couldn't out run them.  Dakota Allen's highlight reel shows him repeatly running down Vidor's backs.  Without the deception, those guys wouldn't get anywhere running behind a fullback. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder