Nederland Bulldogs vs Pflugerville Connally... Who you got?

dogbite

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336110" timestamp="1353256604"]
Nederland.

All Nederland's hopes n dreams are squashed when/if they play Summer Creek. I know many posters don't believe A + B = C predictions, but if Nederland played Dayton close (the game could have been 21-14), then Nederland looks to get blown out by SC.

SC needs to beat an excellent Georgetown team, then look out. I can't see SC scared of rematches against BH or Crosby. Nederland looks very beatable. The team that has my eyebrows raised is DAWSON.
[/quote]

You can't win if you can't score, its been WOS's claim to fame under Hooks and Thomson forever. Although Nederland offense is still sputtering, Their defense is not and is as solid as any playoff defense I have seen in person in my 18 years of neglecting my family to watch as many playoff games as possible. Dayton could have very easily been a shutout. A short field due to a very questionable call and one busted play was all that kept Dayton from a shut out. Otherwise, Nederlands offense only let them get close enough for Carranco to miss a long field goal. Defense wins champoinships... brother we got some defense this season. All Nederlands offense typically needs is 10-14 points to win, and they can do that all day long against anyone. Im not saying they will win another game, or win it all. Im just saying this Nederland defense is not going to give away points, you are going to have to earn it and my moneys on them in a low scoring game.

[quote name="Michael" post="1337310" timestamp="1353360997"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106439.msg1336110#msg1336110 date=1353256604]
Nederland.

All Nederland's hopes n dreams are squashed when/if they play Summer Creek. I know many posters don't believe A + B = C predictions, but if Nederland played Dayton close (the game could have been 21-14), then Nederland looks to get blown out by SC.

SC needs to beat an excellent Georgetown team, then look out. I can't see SC scared of rematches against BH or Crosby. Nederland looks very beatable. The team that has my eyebrows raised is DAWSON.
[/quote]

You can't win if you can't score, its been WOS's claim to fame under Hooks and Thomson forever. Although Nederland offense is still sputtering, Their defense is not and is as solid as any playoff defense I have seen in person in my 18 years of neglecting my family to watch as many playoff games as possible. Dayton could have very easily been a shutout. A short field due to a very questionable call and one busted play was all that kept Dayton from a shut out. Otherwise, Nederlands offense only let them get close enough for Carranco to miss a long field goal. Defense wins champoinships... brother we got some defense this season. All Nederlands offense typically needs is 10-14 points to win, and they can do that all day long against anyone. Im not saying they will win another game, or win it all. Im just saying this Nederland defense is not going to give away points, you are going to have to earn it and my moneys on them in a low scoring game.
[/quote]

A question:

Did Nederland play all starters for the entire Vidor game? Sc was playing second string in most of the fourth quarter against Vidor, and Vidor struggled to move the ball. It took Vidor a while to make their final score against the SC second string.

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1337364" timestamp="1353363415"]
[quote author=Michael link=topic=106439.msg1337310#msg1337310 date=1353360997]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106439.msg1336110#msg1336110 date=1353256604]
Nederland.

[/quote]

[/quote]

A question:

Did Nederland play all starters for the entire Vidor game? Sc was playing second string in most of the fourth quarter against Vidor, and Vidor struggled to move the ball. It took Vidor a while to make their final score against the SC second string.
[/quote]

Don't know, but we held them to a lot less points than you did.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1337366" timestamp="1353363547"]
[quote author=Summercreek dad link=topic=106439.msg1337364#msg1337364 date=1353363415]
Nederland.

[/quote]

[/quote]

A question:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, cool.

Has Vidor always had players playing on both sides of the ball? Maybe if Montana had only played offense, he would have been more of a threat.

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1337373" timestamp="1353363774"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=106439.msg1337366#msg1337366 date=1353363547]
[quote author=Summercreek dad link=topic=106439.msg1337364#msg1337364 date=1353363415]
Nederland.

[/quote]

[/quote]

A question:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, cool.

Has Vidor always had players playing on both sides of the ball? Maybe if Montana had only played offense, he would have been more of a threat.
[/quote]

Yes, as far as I know.  A Vidor poster could answer the question better than I.

SC dad, Nederland did play their starters for the entire vidor game...I am going from memory, but I think vidor had like 245 yards against Nederland, but I will have to check...pretty confident it was less than 300...also, Montana has always played both ways...he does it every game and kudos to the kid for being able to...I watched the vidor/Nederland game and the vidor/SC game live and honestly, Nederland's D was much more succesful than SC's, but we are much more familiar with that offense...you also play a much more up tempo offense which leads to more plays for both teams, thus the opportunity for more yards/points...that is also one of the reason that you can never compare scores when talking about Nederland...if we get a lead, the game slows to our pace and we put the game in the hands of our defense...this leads to less scoring for our O, but more W's for the team.

I have never seen a group of fans so INFATUATED with a team they don't even think they are going to face since they are so mediocre and non-explosive... as Summer Creek fans have been trying to dissect and critique the Nederland team.  You think they are a little distracted?  You Humblers better keep your eyes on the road, it's BESET on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.... keep your eyes on the road boys, good luck, you'll need it to get to the regional final and you may not even see Nederland there.  Dogs don't have SC in their sights....yrt, it's a play at a time for them boys from Nederland.  That's how we gotta play it when you're as UNIMPRESSIVE as we are.

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1337364" timestamp="1353363415"]
Nederland.

[/quote]

[/quote]

A question:

[/quote]

Who cares! We can talk in 2 more  rounds if you are lucky enough to make that that far. Enjoy this season... You will 5a before long, then you SC folks with have to deal PAM

I think it is funny too. SC talking smack against Ned when they have GT and possibly Angleton 1st. I don't know much about GT, but I can tell you the SC D I saw last week,will have their hands full with Angleton's running game. The team that beats SC will have to get into a shootout and hope to outscore them. Either one of your potential next opponents can score big numbers too. Should be interesting.  Good Luck 

This NDN is 100% behind the Dogs of Nederland. Probably going to the game then leave and head to the lease. Defenses win championships. Ned's D will be the deciding factor against PC. Ned by 14. Also SC is beatable. I think their heads are about to explode from all ego's they carry.

Coming from a Angleton fan, I'm pulling for the Dogs. Sat on the Nederland side when you all came down to Angleton and showed alot of class and also the kids played tough all night. Showed alot of heart to get back in the game after that terrible start. Angleton is very familiar with southeast Texas football having played Dayton, Vidor and Nederland these past couple of years and those programs are top notch. Good luck.

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1336993" timestamp="1353341401"]
[quote author=ATX31 link=topic=106439.msg1336963#msg1336963 date=1353339660]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=106439.msg1336954#msg1336954 date=1353339090]
Nederland 7

Pflugerville 31
[/quote]

you mad bro? 8)
[/quote]I'm not mad, I watched pflugerville game film and got to see big Ned sat. Ned won but didn't impress, Pflugerville has to many weapons! ;) JMO
[/quote]

Bulldogs 21 - Bronco and Refs 7

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1338142" timestamp="1353449913"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=106439.msg1336993#msg1336993 date=1353341401]
[quote author=ATX31 link=topic=106439.msg1336963#msg1336963 date=1353339660]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=106439.msg1336954#msg1336954 date=1353339090]
Nederland 7

Pflugerville 31
[/quote]

you mad bro? 8)
[/quote]I'm not mad, I watched pflugerville game film and got to see big Ned sat. Ned won but didn't impress, Pflugerville has to many weapons! ;) JMO
[/quote]

Bulldogs 21 - Bronco and Refs 7
[/quote]

LMAO!  "Broncos and Refs" made me laugh out loud.  I'm picking Nederland to win a close one.  Both teams are good, just not good enough to beat SC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder