Nederland Bulldogs vs Pflugerville Connally... Who you got?

dogbite

[quote name="bigdog" post="1335815" timestamp="1353212705"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=106439.msg1335797#msg1335797 date=1353212437]
I am not quite sure why a team from Austin is in our "region" but none the less I think Nederland wins it. I doubt Connally has seen a team with a defense as good as Ned's.
[/quote]

Me either,  redistricting was weirder than usual this time around.
[/quote]
the UIL has always bounced between the Jacksonville/Kilgore area and the austin area to play in region 3, these next 2 years it's the austin area, I know in 04 we played Jacksonville in rnd 2, in 02 we played Harker Heights rnd 2.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336110" timestamp="1353256604"]
Nederland.

All Nederland's hopes n dreams are squashed when/if they play Summer Creek. I know many posters don't believe A + B = C predictions, but if Nederland played Dayton close (the game could have been 21-14), then Nederland looks to get blown out by SC.

SC needs to beat an excellent Georgetown team, then look out. I can't see SC scared of rematches against BH or Crosby. Nederland looks very beatable. The team that has my eyebrows raised is DAWSON.
[/quote]
I wouldn't concern myself with Nederland when Georgetown may take you out this week,

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1335347" timestamp="1353193238"]
[quote author=dme1111 link=topic=106439.msg1335312#msg1335312 date=1353192445]
Haters will keep on hating... Nederland by 14!!!!
[/quote]
How are people being haters? I think Connally wins it. That's hating on Ned? Give me a break.
[/quote]

this is all new for bh fans.............second round 8) 8)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336127" timestamp="1353257522"]
I wouldn't concern myself with Nederland when Georgetown may take you out this week,
[/quote]

Agreed. We must get passed Georgetown. I'm just sayin' Nederland looks weak if they couldn't blow out Dayton.
[/quote]
Nederland doesn't blow many people out, they just win.  It wasn't a blowout but it was controlled by Nederland and Nederland set the entire game.  Think what you want, we just might surprise you.

[/quote]

Agreed. We must get passed Georgetown. I'm just sayin' Nederland looks weak if they couldn't blow out Dayton.
[/quote]

[i][b]Teams built on defense don't blow teams away. [/b] [/i]  8) 8)

[/quote]

[/quote]
If you knew anything about Nederland is that we do not blow people out. When we get about 21 points up Neauman and co. lay off the pedal and try not to show any cards for the next week. We knew we had won the game when it was 21-0 so we let off and saved some cards for Connally.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1335797" timestamp="1353212437"]
I am not quite sure why a team from Austin is in our "region" but none the less I think Nederland wins it. I [b]doubt Connally has seen a team with a defense as good as Ned's.[/b][/quote]

This is true.  Our defense can put pressure on their QB (status still unknown) and put a wrinkle in their passing game.  I 'd come after him, esp if any nagging injury from Friday's game, it could be the tipping point for NED.

Go Dogs!

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="1336123" timestamp="1353257262"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=106439.msg1335347#msg1335347 date=1353193238]
[/quote]
How are people being haters? I think Connally wins it. That's hating on Ned? Give me a break.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Just moved here from PNG. I've seen and follwed teams deep into the playoffs. 1999? Someone posted the the topic "Who you Got?" and I answered. Don't be mad when someone picks the OTHER team. ;)

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1336202" timestamp="1353260797"]
[quote author=bulldogbacker link=topic=106439.msg1336123#msg1336123 date=1353257262]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=106439.msg1335347#msg1335347 date=1353193238]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[b]Just moved here from PNG. I've seen and follwed teams deep into the playoffs. [/b] 1999? Someone posted the the topic "Who you Got?" and I answered. Don't be mad when someone picks the OTHER team. ;)
[/quote]

Dont know if I feel sorrier for you moving to BH or being from PNG.....well, at least for you, you went at the right time and moved to where you follow a playoff game, again ;D

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336204" timestamp="1353260846"]
Question for Nederland fans, how superior is Nederland's defense to Vidor's?  I am very impressed they held Vidor to only 6 points. I'm not buying that Nederland throttle back on Vidor or Dayton. These games were too close.
[/quote]
They did not pull off against Vidor, but they did with Dayton because they changed their Defensive scheme a little and became more conservative and waste clock.

I'll take Ned. No statistical reason due to nature of it being too difficult to compare districts, especially when they're 150 miles apart. I'll just go with this: Manor just beat Connally at home and is the third place team in their district. I think the first place team from 20-4a is better than the third place team from 17-4a Connally just lost to. Ned also has a more impressive body of work beating 6 playoff teams to this point, over half their schedule. Don't know the score but probably something in the low 20's, the exact game Ned wants.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1336211" timestamp="1353261451"]
I'll take Ned. No statistical reason due to nature of it being too difficult to compare districts, especially when they're 150 miles apart. I'll just go with this: Manor just beat Connally at home and is the third place team in their district. I think the first place team from 20-4a is better than the third place team from 17-4a Connally just lost to. Ned also has a more impressive body of work beating 6 playoff teams to this point, over half their schedule. Don't know the score but probably something in the low 20's, the exact game Ned wants.
[/quote]
Nederland is built for the playoffs. Top-notch coaching staff, power run game, passing attack that gets the job done, then a defense that makes you earn every yard and point. ST is not bad either.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336204" timestamp="1353260846"]
Question for Nederland fans, how superior is Nederland's defense to Vidor's?  I am very impressed they held Vidor to only 6 points. I'm not buying that Nederland throttle back on Vidor or Dayton. These games were too close.
[/quote]

I think Nederlands defense is very superior to Vidors.  This years vidor defense is like a lot of Ned's in the past-- good to fair athletes, one great player, and a lot of heart.  The Nederland D this year has a very physically imposing and dominating defensive line, which is where it all starts.  Couron has stepped up big as the year has went on, in my opinion being a leader on the defense with play after play.  2 hard hitting linebackers with great football smarts behind that.  Stampley has been on fire the last 3 weeks.  Then the defensive backs this year play the ball better than almost any I've seen at Nederland. Yesterday Zac Taylor made a quick turn to deflect a ball from the wr on what would've been a big play.  Hard to beat us in a field position game.  I think Ned let up on Dayton.  Against vidor I wouldn't say let up, but definitely relaxed.

[quote name="dogbite" post="1336244" timestamp="1353262927"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106439.msg1336204#msg1336204 date=1353260846]
[/quote]

I think Nederlands defense is very superior to Vidors.  This years vidor defense is like a lot of Ned's in the past-- good to fair athletes, one great player, and a lot of heart.  The Nederland D this year has a very physically imposing and dominating defensive line, which is where it all starts.  Couron has stepped up big as the year has went on, in my opinion being a leader on the defense with play after play.  2 hard hitting linebackers with great football smarts behind that.  Stampley has been on fire the last 3 weeks.  Then the defensive backs this year play the ball better than almost any I've seen at Nederland. Yesterday Zac Taylor made a quick turn to deflect a ball from the wr on what would've been a big play.  Hard to beat us in a field position game.  I think Ned let up on Dayton.  Against vidor I wouldn't say let up, but definitely relaxed.
[/quote]
Yes sir! another thing is that they are all fast!

As much as everyone likes to, you cant compare all the games played against other teams. It is all about match ups... a power running game like vidor does not compare to a spread offense of Dayton. You could tell that Dayton did not want Nederland to control the game with the running game and stacked the box, thats why we had big plays down the field with single coverage.

It is about 1 game at time and getting everyone healthy, Nederland had 2 starting lineman out yestarday and hoepfully get them back soon.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336256" timestamp="1353263518"]
Nederland is sounding more and more suspect.  How did Angleton roll up 30+ points on this amazing defense?  You guys are in trouble. Doesn't sound like you're too confident in Nederland's passing game. You gotta be able to pass in order to stay with SC.
[/quote]
That amazing defense could not keep their feet from slipping that game due to very wet field. And all but one of their td's came off turnovers, two of  the picks went for td's. And Brock Pryor(#55) got hurt in that game. It is not that hard to score when you are 30 yards from the endzone.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336256" timestamp="1353263518"]
Nederland is sounding more and more suspect.  How did Angleton roll up 30+ points on this amazing defense?  You guys are in trouble. Doesn't sound like you're too confident in Nederland's passing game. You gotta be able to pass in order to stay with SC.
[/quote]
I would be worreid about you next opponent not worry about Nederland.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1336275" timestamp="1353264312"]
one thing i noticed yesterday was Nederland roster was small in numbers, they had more people suited up for the LV game i watched them in than the game yesterday. what was up with that?
[/quote]
Injurys.. Our coaches do not have enough confidence in our JV guys to bring them up. One of the players got kicked off the team as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder