Nederland Bulldogs vs Pflugerville Connally... Who you got?

dogbite

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1336381" timestamp="1353269461"]
over/under on how many times Neumann has a Dan Hooks moment in this game ;D

I say 2.
[/quote]

Neumann has run a top notch program in Nederland.  He has taught the players more than just plays while still producing successful teams.  He has sent a many fine young men into our communities.  He is consistent and the players who play for him know what to expect from him.  He is solid and Nederland is the better for having him.

Hooks, btw, took players and molded them into fine teams as well.  Nothing to say bad about him, He did what many others desire to do.

So, any reference to Hooks, is my book is honor.  I'd stand with that man who stands up for what he believes in - and on Saturday (as many other days), that was Coach Neumann.

Go Bulldogs!!!!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Reservations46
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1336381" timestamp="1353269461"]
over/under on how many times Neumann has a Dan Hooks moment in this game ;D

I say 2.
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1336728" timestamp="1353291551"]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=106439.msg1336726#msg1336726 date=1353291511]
Does the song ever change? Every game we have played this year the other team has more talent, more speed, more everything. But the Dog's keep on winning any how!
[/quote]
They'll learn someday.
[/quote]
These people do not know that you don't have to score 50 points a game to be dominant.

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="1336723" timestamp="1353291292"]
Nederland is not a dominant team and will loose this game. 35 to 21.
[/quote]

Ask #10, 12, or 55... Those 3 in specific were about to breakdown and giveup multiple times throughout the game.  #55 couldnt even stop #90 after he gaveup and just started holding every play.  Any of the Dayton broncos for that matter ... and if they tell the truth, they'll admit they got beat by a better team.

Should be a good game.  I think the game remains fairly close in the 1st half as the teams basically feel each other out.  But Ned's run game eventually wears down the Connelly defense.  Big Ned pulls away and flexes its muscles in 2nd half and rolls into the 3rd round.

Good Luck Dogs!

This neighbor is pulling for you guys! 

Big Ned seems to score just enough to get the "W." Their points scored doesn't really reflect their potential. They get a lead and start working on running the clock, IMO it would not hurt if they would get a little more cushion before starting to drain the clock. Don't mistake their kindness for weakness, those dogs can and will bite!!!!!!!
This Pirate will be at Woodforest stadium to watch the Black and Gold roll on another week!!!!
24-21 Big Ned

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="1336723" timestamp="1353291292"]
Nederland is not a dominant team and will loose this game. 35 to 21.
[/quote]
Nederland DOMINATED dayton. Of course thats not saying much... Nederland does not run the score up on anyone. though I wish our OC would...

won't comment on Connally until I have had a chance to see them but as for Nederland not being dominant...they have "not dominated" their way to another 10 win season while playing 7 playoff teams in 11 games...Nederland whipped Dayton worse than the score reflects but it doesn't really matter...bottom line in winning, especially in the playoffs and Nederland does just that

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1335347" timestamp="1353193238"]
[quote author=dme1111 link=topic=106439.msg1335312#msg1335312 date=1353192445]
Haters will keep on hating... Nederland by 14!!!!
[/quote]
How are people being haters? I think Connally wins it. That's hating on Ned? Give me a break.
[/quote]

Not hating at all... But you were wrong last week when you picked the bronco's... Please keep picking the losers... Barbies

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1335721" timestamp="1353210423"]
[quote author=dme1111 link=topic=106439.msg1335573#msg1335573 date=1353203026]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=106439.msg1335347#msg1335347 date=1353193238]
[quote author=dme1111 link=topic=106439.msg1335312#msg1335312 date=1353192445]
Haters will keep on hating... Nederland by 14!!!!
[/quote]
How are people being haters? I think Connally wins it. That's hating on Ned? Give me a break.
[/quote]
Certain people just pick against Nederland regardless. Aka haters...  Maybe connaly will win. Hope not
[/quote]

I'm rooting for Ned to win. I've said it on a previous thread. Connally has 3 loses to Leander (Really good team), Georgetown (really good team), and Manor (Average team). Just by looking at it I feel Connally will win. I don't any of us know for sure how good any of those teams are over there. I'm just throwing it out there. Good Luck Ned from a "hater" ::)
[/quote]

I'd like to know what makes you think Nederland isn't a really good team? Nederland has only lost to Angleton (Really good team). They beat Vidor (Really good team), Dayton (Above average/really good team). This logic is confusing! They are ranked #5 for a reason 8)

[ftp][/ftp][quote name="dawgnut" post="1336726" timestamp="1353291511"]
Does the song ever change? Every game we have played this year the other team has more talent, more speed, more everything. But the Dog's keep on winning any how!
[/quote]I believe it is bc of the 'WOW' factor or I should say lack of the 'WOW' factor on our offense. Nederland doesn't have a 2000 yard passer or an elusive running back with exceptional speed. Ned doesn't have 6'3" WRs who can run, jump, etc.

Since our offense doesn't have ONE dominant player, other teams/fans aren't as impressed. That's what makes Big Ned so dangerous, IMO. Other team's can't put their finger on why they should get beat by us,  bc when they look at Ned, they say to themselves that nobody makes them scared. There's not a Montana Quarante, there's not a Ricky Fisk, no set of twins in our backfield or a Mike Evans at WR who is 'unstoppable'.

Then they look at our defense, give us respect, BUT say, 'but we've got a good QB who will shred their secondary' or 'they've never seen a running back like our guy'.

As Nederland fans we just have to let the haters hate on our 'Average' team, then find out the hard way when the game is over, and they can't understand who on Ned's team beat them. It's a team game, but too many casual fans judge a team based on superstars. Since Nederland doesn't have ONE that stands out, other teams will continue to look past us.  8)

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1336726" timestamp="1353291511"]
[/quote]I will hang my had on Nederland. I think that their defense will be the difference.

Ned      17
conn    10

[quote name="ATX31" post="1336963" timestamp="1353339660"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=106439.msg1336954#msg1336954 date=1353339090]
Nederland 7

Pflugerville 31
[/quote]

you mad bro? 8)
[/quote]I'm not mad, I watched pflugerville game film and got to see big Ned sat. Ned won but didn't impress, Pflugerville has to many weapons! ;) JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• The Middle East is not close and have never been close to a threat on a global (or most important US threat as Russia china) you think the government is more concerned with the Middle East over them? And if either two attacked,Israel wouldn’t be on anybody mind. the UK would and it’s not close the uk is our greatest ally even in the Middle East Uk is our greatest ally. Other than political talking points what have the state of Israel done for the US.   Side bar I started a thread awhile ago about Israel . Few responses.. why is a Christian nation so Eager to defined those who consider the phrases king Jesus, Christ is king offensive.    If we can protest Ukraine we should be able to protest the state of Israel. Take away religion and there the exact same.
    • It's 2 towns trying to get tickets all at the same time. We have a history of crashing sites..lol
    • The problem as well as that all of the social justice warriors, influencers, and instigators repeat these lies in the immediate days after the event, garnering outrage.  But when they're proven false they never go back and rescind their outrage-causing posts, they just move on to the next one.
    • I just find it really hard to believe that Trump will select a VP based on the votes they bring him.  He's going to want a Trumper that will affirm his every move and stoke his ego.  I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  And as you said, in these battle ground states a few tenths of a % point may be enough to swing the whole election.  Trump can't afford a VP who will cost him votes (Noem would cost him full points, not just tenths), but also needs a candidate that will bring in as many votes as possible.  So hopefully whichever Trump disciple he chooses has some political appeal to swing voters.
    • Good news for this district is for the next two seasons your bi district opposition shouldn’t be much of a challenge… Royal may be better next year but other than that the district is pretty rough… Very good chance that it’s a clean sweep though
  • Topics