Coldspring Vs LaMarque/LM WINS 35-21

Who will win this one  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this one

• Coldspring
    • LaMarque

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1337974" timestamp="1353434242"]
If Vegas was covering this game it would be No Line.  Coldspring beats LM in ot but I'm still trying to chew up the loss to LC-M.  First time in my storied career I will not make a prediction.  Good luck to both.
[/quote]

Not sure if you watched that game? If you look at the games LCM has played their loses have been by a very small margin. LCM plays tuff and they have an outstanding coach that has turned that program around in the last few years. Give LCM a year or two and they are gonna make good run.. I would'nt play off that loss off to much LCM is tuff..

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1337781" timestamp="1353420115"]
I wonder when Coldspring is gonna get the respect that others in the area get.  I mean we do have some history of winning.  The last two years we have to the finals and semi-finals.  Seems like everyone is always against us.  Not sure what the deal is.  We are one of the smallest 3a schools in the state and we play like one of the biggest.  The whole wiping the floor with us and all is just disrespectful to me.  We may not have a Sherman Gilbert this year, but I still think we got enough to get it done.  I guess we will see come Friday.  I think LaMarque is very dangerous and very good.  I remember watching them on film before the first matchup and I thought oh my goodness I don't know if we can beat them.  Now seeing what this has done this year I think they can compete with anyone.
[/quote]Welcome Southeast Texas!  8)

[quote name="magnus1on1" post="1338229" timestamp="1353456708"]
[quote author=Majestyk link=topic=106436.msg1337974#msg1337974 date=1353434242]
If Vegas was covering this game it would be No Line.  Coldspring beats LM in ot but I'm still trying to chew up the loss to LC-M.  First time in my storied career I will not make a prediction.  Good luck to both.
[/quote]

Not sure if you watched that game? If you look at the games LCM has played their loses have been by a very small margin. LCM plays tuff and have an outstanding coach that has turned that program around in the last few years. Give LCM a year or two and they are gonna make good run.. I would'nt play off that loss off to much LCM is tuff..
[/quote]Nothing against LC-M, I am a fan.  Just didn't think they beat CS by 2 td's.

[b]CS just can't lose what they did to graduation (QB, and RB) and be as good as they were last season. Those guys were two outstanding players at key positions. [/b]
The QB this year is a 3 year starter. Took them to Jerry's world and semi finals. Lost 2 running backs from last year. Gilbert was the main ball carrier, very quick and extremely fast, but not much power. His replacements this year are not as fast, but much more power. The biggest weapon CS has is a sophomore and has only got the ball late in the game because he starts at LB. Best running back CS has had for years.
Good luck to both teams Friday, and someone please keep the game thread updated. Having thanksgiving at the deer lease and no radio coverage or Internet. Have to get updates on iPhone.

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1338423" timestamp="1353497850"]
[quote author=magnus1on1 link=topic=106436.msg1338229#msg1338229 date=1353456708]
[quote author=Majestyk link=topic=106436.msg1337974#msg1337974 date=1353434242]
[/quote]

Not sure if you watched that game? If you look at the games LCM has played their loses have been by a very small margin. LCM plays tuff and have an outstanding coach that has turned that program around in the last few years. Give LCM a year or two and they are gonna make good run.. I would'nt play off that loss off to much LCM is tuff..
[/quote]Nothing against LC-M, I am a fan.  Justy didn't think they beat CS by 2 td's.
[/quote]

Check it out..

http://orangeleader.com/hssports/x1241959977/Bears-pull-upset-beat-Coldspring

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1337781" timestamp="1353420115"]
I wonder when Coldspring is gonna get the respect that others in the area get.  I mean we do have some history of winning.  The last two years we have to the finals and semi-finals.  Seems like everyone is always against us.  Not sure what the deal is.  We are one of the smallest 3a schools in the state and we play like one of the biggest.  The whole wiping the floor with us and all is just disrespectful to me.  We may not have a Sherman Gilbert this year, but I still think we got enough to get it done.  I guess we will see come Friday.  I think LaMarque is very dangerous and very good.  I remember watching them on film before the first matchup and I thought oh my goodness I don't know if we can beat them.  Now seeing what this has done this year I think they can compete with anyone.
[/quote]

There is only one team hated worse than us (Coldspring), that is Cleveland. Always been like that from the 1980's- present, even with the little league teams. Just ask Cleveland. I wouldn't want it any other way. I like to see everyones best when we play them. Makes the win even sweeter, just like against WOS last year. All I heard was crickets from the third quarter of that game on, last year.

[quote name="Touchdown22" post="1338616" timestamp="1353522202"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=106436.msg1337781#msg1337781 date=1353420115]
[/quote]

There is only one team hated worse than us (Coldspring), that is Cleveland. Always been like that from the 1980's- present, even with the little league teams. Just ask Cleveland. I wouldn't want it any other way. I like to see everyones best when we play them. Makes the win even sweeter, just like against WOS last year. All I heard was crickets from the third quarter of that game on, last year.
[/quote]

In my opinion, Cleveland has probably earned their reputation as the most hated team, if in fact that is the result of the vote.  Coldspring just hasn't been around long enough to get pegged either way.  After all, it has been in the last few years that the Coldspring dominance has surfaced.  I think your props are due and are the way any season now.  You will, however, need to get the over zealous supporters like Touchdown22 to tone the rhetoric down.  Act like champions - not like someone that has never been there and the accolades will follow. 8)

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1338447" timestamp="1353504745"]
[b]CS just can't lose what they did to graduation (QB, and RB) and be as good as they were last season. Those guys were two outstanding players at key positions. [/b]
The QB this year is a 3 year starter. Took them to Jerry's world and semi finals. Lost 2 running backs from last year. Gilbert was the main ball carrier, very quick and extremely fast, but not much power. His replacements this year are not as fast, but much more power. The biggest weapon CS has is a sophomore and has only got the ball late in the game because he starts at LB. Best running back CS has had for years.
Good luck to both teams Friday, and someone please keep the game thread updated. Having thanksgiving at the deer lease and no radio coverage or Internet. Have to get updates on iPhone.
[/quote]

Hard to beat Gilbert, he was very good. Good luck to ya'll..I saw a post that says Cs is hated, I don't know many WOS fans that hate ya'll..heck we WANT to play ya'll again. I stand corrected about the Monroe kid being a QB as I admitted in an earlier post..kinda misunderstood what my son told me. Monroe was still a very good talent.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1338607" timestamp="1353521754"]
Maxpreps playoff predictions for the second round..... Check em out
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/7NGQr-LqnkqsocHlFe5iGA/texas-high-school-football-playoff-score-projections.htm
[/quote]
A prediction is a prediction thats all it is, that's why they play the game, Good luck to you LaMarque as well as our Trojans, Praying that God keeps everyone safe and healthy and that Coldspring comes out on top lol

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1339392" timestamp="1353689325"]
This will be Coldspring's quarterback's last game ever.He will become ineligible after this game and is a senoir.I believe he'll play like a champion and will help Coldspring take this one. CS 30 LaMarque 21.
[/quote]
No one has score more than 27 points on La marque all year.... INCLUDING coldspring....

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1339449" timestamp="1353696762"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=106436.msg1339392#msg1339392 date=1353689325]
This will be Coldspring's quarterback's last game ever.He will become ineligible after this game and is a senoir.I believe he'll play like a champion and will help Coldspring take this one. CS 30 LaMarque 21.
[/quote]
No one has score more than 27 points on La marque all year.... INCLUDING coldspring....
[/quote] 1st time for everything!! ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder