Coldspring vs. Bridge City Bi-District playoffs

[quote name="MEM" post="1329222" timestamp="1352831551"]
Trojans have been playing much better than earlier in the year, however, I'm afraid they're going to really miss the playmaking ability of Sykes (who was lost for the playoffs with a acl injury against Cleveland) on all sides of the ball...

He was a huge threat to score from anywhere on the field in the return game, defense on int's, and on offense from the receiver position...

CS is losing one of their best players at the most important time of the year...I know they'll stick someone else in there and expect them to play well but it's tough when you lose a player of his caliber...
[/quote]
Yes Sykes is one of coldsprings better players and will be very missed if it is a tear(waiting on another x-ray to comfirm), dont forget about Douglas Johnson #2 who last year was the play maker on the return team, and having Bryce Shephard, JT Wilson, And Douglas Johnson in the secondary, they have ALOT of experience, remember these guys all played in Dallas 2 years ago Along with Greg Dunham And Patrick Giddens, they know what they need to do to make it there and believe in Coach Morrison and his game plan, they just have to play as a team

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1328749" timestamp="1352772021"]
[quote author=T-Dawd link=topic=106125.msg1328747#msg1328747 date=1352771901]
Nice to see the rattlers show up on here. Been trying to get on the downlow but bans my email. >:( I have to be honest. Against Navasota Coldspring was not tackling well at all. They really sucked trying to arm tackle. Also we couldn't hold on to the football. We have improved dramatically. Would love a rematch, but have to win 2 games first starting with Bridge City.
[/quote]

Yes, I was telling my dad that I sure hope that we don't have to run into Coldspring in the playoffs....
[/quote] 
Yeah, and everyone from Coldspring has been routing against Taylor all year, hoping Navasota would go DI.  Can't wait for Friday for the playoffs to start.

[quote name="~Kville_Kats~" post="1329647" timestamp="1352851598"]
BC can win this game But it will take a major effort on their part....I still say Coldspring IS NOT THE Hoss they WER"E  ...... 8)                                                   
[/quote]
Coldspring defense is not as powerful as they were last year, but offense is better.  Of course if they get beat by a very good LaMarque team, or an extremely good Navasota team, you will be on here saying "see I told you they weren't that good".  Go bounce a basketball :'( :'(

[quote name="Trocket" post="1329921" timestamp="1352867786"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=106125.msg1329860#msg1329860 date=1352863914]
::) ::) ::) if you say so 60 plus points wow i will hold you to that
[/quote]Hold me to it, this BC team is not the team of past, they will not be able to hang.
[/quote]

It's talk like this that has fueled the Cardinals all year. Everyone counted them out or dismissed them after last years graduation. So far they have been able to prove most critics wrong. Last years squad went 4-1 and finished 2nd in district, this years team 4-2 and finished 3rd. Also this team had a much tougher overall schedule, especially non-district. I'm not here saying BC will beat Coldspring but what I am saying is that comments like the ones above are usually made by those who don't have all the information. Continue under estimating BC and they will continue to gain respect.

Rake1

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1329771" timestamp="1352859262"]
[quote author=~Kville_Kats~ link=topic=106125.msg1329647#msg1329647 date=1352851598]
BC can win this game But it will take a major effort on their part....I still say Coldspring IS NOT THE Hoss they WER"E  ...... 8)                                                   
[/quote]
Coldspring defense is not as powerful as they were last year, but offense is better.  Of course if they get beat by a very good LaMarque team, or an extremely good Navasota team, you will be on here saying "see I told you they weren't that good".  Go bounce a basketball :'( :'(
[/quote]

wait and see.... ;) :) :) :)

Coldspring will be just fine, yeah Sykes was a main key to both sides, can't let that keep you from winning the game. Just have to overcome adversity. No worries for Trojan fans.. Everyone thought we were going to go 0-4 in pre-district play but we had a .500 record. People thought that the Trojans weren't going far after Class of 2010 graduated but they proved every critic out there wrong and kept trucking, and of course they also thought the same after last years class..  I believe it'll be a repeat of 2010 season, but capturing the title this time. Good luck to both teams, hope for a injury free, and safe game!!

[quote name="Rake1" post="1330206" timestamp="1352908263"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=106125.msg1329921#msg1329921 date=1352867786]
[/quote]Hold me to it, this BC team is not the team of past, they will not be able to hang.
[/quote]

It's talk like this that has fueled the Cardinals all year. Everyone counted them out or dismissed them after last years graduation. So far they have been able to prove most critics wrong. Last years squad went 4-1 and finished 2nd in district, this years team 4-2 and finished 3rd. Also this team had a much tougher overall schedule, especially non-district. I'm not here saying BC will beat Coldspring but what I am saying is that comments like the ones above are usually made by those who don't have all the information. Continue under estimating BC and they will continue to gain respect.

Rake1
[/quote]Always glad to be of assistance ;D

[quote name="Trocket" post="1330393" timestamp="1352919443"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=106125.msg1330206#msg1330206 date=1352908263]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=106125.msg1329921#msg1329921 date=1352867786]
[/quote]

It's talk like this that has fueled the Cardinals all year. Everyone counted them out or dismissed them after last years graduation. So far they have been able to prove most critics wrong. Last years squad went 4-1 and finished 2nd in district, this years team 4-2 and finished 3rd. Also this team had a much tougher overall schedule, especially non-district. I'm not here saying BC will beat Coldspring but what I am saying is that comments like the ones above [color=red][b]are usually made by those who don't have all the information[/b][/color]. Continue under estimating BC and they will continue to gain respect.

Rake1
[/quote]Always glade to be of assistance ;D
[/quote]

Thanks for proving my point and continuing to not disappoint.

Rake1

I think Coldspring can score everybit of the 46 that WOS put on Bridge City.  Also think the Trojans could realistically shut them out.  I'm not much for predicting scores because you can never know what may happen.  I really think the Trojans hand the Cardinals and move to a rematch with LaMarque.

Well yall may well beat BC but one things for sure you will not see another kid run with as much heart as Ashton Hunter. Hope yall tackle well cause he's not an arm tacklin kinda runner. I have been more impressed with the heart of this kid. He has size just if he had a little more speed he would be absolutley lethal. JMO

Coldsprings has a great coached team that plays the game with respect.  Have not seen BC play this year but they got into the playoffs so they did something right. 

Coldsprings coaches will have them ready and that is why I give them the advantage on this one. They have the size the speed and plenty of heart.

No disrepect to BC but CS just has to much horsepower!

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1329771" timestamp="1352859262"]        Coldspring defense is not as powerful as they were last year, but offense is better.  [/quote]

I don't think CS is as good on either side of the ball as they've been the last couple of years, however, that's not an indictment against this years squad..Just think they probably have a much smaller margin of error..

CS has been able to line up and run it pretty much at will the last few years...Don't think this years squad is quite at that level and because of that Barbay has seemed to be more willing to throw the ball than in years past...Offense should be a little harder to defend with the threat of a decent passing game...It's a shame Sykes got injured because he really made the passing game a legitimate threat instead of teams only having to worry about the TE position...

It's not over till it's over, Cardinals, bring your A-game and show those Trojans what a dog fight ya'll bring to the field. Play smart, error free ball, capitalize on their mistakes, and believe you can win. They are a really good team, but they haven't played Bridge City yet.....Good luck.

[quote name="LB76" post="1332763" timestamp="1353095467"]
It's not over till it's over, Cardinals, bring your A-game and show those Trojans what a dog fight ya'll bring to the field. Play smart, error free ball, capitalize on their mistakes, and believe you can win. They are a really good team, but they haven't played Bridge City yet.....Good luck.
[/quote]

Let"s Go BC.......Take it to them....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder