Coldspring vs. Bridge City Bi-District playoffs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridge City will have to have there best passing game of the season. Cold springs will be keying on hunter so they will have to mix it up a lot to have a chance. The defense will have to bring their A game also. Hope it is close like last year, if so maybe the Cards can pull it off

[quote name="belle-mere" post="1327342" timestamp="1352646897"]
IMHO, Coldspring will dominate and be the only 22-3A team to advance.
[/quote]
I have to agree.
Coldspring should be able to handle Bridge City easily.  WOS should do the same to Cleveland, and I don't think Huffman is near as good as last year and Silsbee will beat them.  21-3A wins this round 2-1.

[quote name="jacf" post="1327778" timestamp="1352686239"]
Bridge City will have to have there best passing game of the season. Cold springs will be keying on hunter so they will have to mix it up a lot to have a chance. The defense will have to bring their A game also. Hope it is close like last year, if so maybe the Cards can pull it off
[/quote]
Coldspring has one of the best secondaries in 3A, they physical, great tacklers, cause turnovers, athletic, very smart reading formations and plays, one guy goes down its easy for them to rotate and pick up where there is slack, even if BC has best passing game of the season it will still be hard against this secondary

[quote name="trojfan427" post="1328280" timestamp="1352743582"]
[quote author=jacf link=topic=106125.msg1327778#msg1327778 date=1352686239]
[/quote]
Coldspring has one of the best secondaries in 3A, they physical, great tacklers, cause turnovers, athletic, very smart reading formations and plays, one guy goes down its easy for them to rotate and pick up where there is slack, even if BC has best passing game of the season it will still be hard against this secondary
[/quote]

I don't know about having one of the best secondaries in 3A, but, Coldspring does have a very good defense.  I saw the Trojans again against Huffman, and the passing game that they have installed in their offense to go along with their run game will give teams fits, Navasota included. 

BTW, go SNAKES!

[quote name="Trojan10" post="1328349" timestamp="1352748006"]
Coldspring has improved since beginning of the year, tremendously. I see Coldspring winning 42-16, Coldspring is hungry since coming short the past two seasons of the State championship.
[/quote]

You are correct.  I was very impressed with the Trojans.  Reg III better watchout.

Nice to see the rattlers show up on here. Been trying to get on the downlow but bans my email. >:( I have to be honest. Against Navasota Coldspring was not tackling well at all. They really sucked trying to arm tackle. Also we couldn't hold on to the football. We have improved dramatically. Would love a rematch, but have to win 2 games first starting with Bridge City.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1328747" timestamp="1352771901"]
Nice to see the rattlers show up on here. Been trying to get on the downlow but bans my email. >:( I have to be honest. Against Navasota Coldspring was not tackling well at all. They really sucked trying to arm tackle. Also we couldn't hold on to the football. We have improved dramatically. Would love a rematch, but have to win 2 games first starting with Bridge City.
[/quote]

Yes, I was telling my dad that I sure hope that we don't have to run into Coldspring in the playoffs....

Think Coldspring took those first few rounds for granted last year and it liked to cost them.Don't think they will this time around.BC is not the team they were last year and Coldspring seems to have not lost a step.Like badndn said...LaMarque next and then Navasota.Now that's a hill to climb for any team and dang near impossible for a 5-5 team.

Trojans have been playing much better than earlier in the year, however, I'm afraid they're going to really miss the playmaking ability of Sykes (who was lost for the playoffs with a acl injury against Cleveland) on all sides of the ball...

He was a huge threat to score from anywhere on the field in the return game, defense on int's, and on offense from the receiver position...

CS is losing one of their best players at the most important time of the year...I know they'll stick someone else in there and expect them to play well but it's tough when you lose a player of his caliber...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder