BH VS LIVINGSTON PREDICTIONS

cougar14

[quote name="Trocket" post="1331090" timestamp="1352990475"]
This game will come down to the first half for sure, we'll all know where this game is headed by then. It will be important to watch the first half for both teams, I've seen both teams play enough to at least know that.
[/quote]

Yeah you watched BH go up on Crosby 17-7 in the first half just to loose 34-17 :( .. Thank God we have adjusted since then tough ;D One thing that Livingston has that BH doesn't is a big play guy! We will grind it out till the final buzzard, but you don't have to worry about 70 + yard TD's going on. With Livingston I think they have 2 guys that can take it to the house if they get loose. Denny and Oneal have this ability, but not against the better Defenses.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats show Marquise Thomas being the leading ball carrier and leading yards/carry guy.
With him having twice the number of carries, looks like Collins gets the defense watchin
Thomas, then does his thing.  Collins carries out good fakes off his other backs.  He will
certainly keep a defense honest.

[quote name="ragarm55" post="1331109" timestamp="1352991782"]
Stats show Marquise Thomas being the leading ball carrier and leading yards/carry guy.
With him having twice the number of carries, looks like Collins gets the defense watchin
Thomas, then does his thing.  Collins carries out good fakes off his other backs.  He will
certainly keep a defense honest.
[/quote]

Remeber if you are looking at the Chron for stats there are like 3-4 games that have zero stats on them.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1331101" timestamp="1352991472"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=106086.msg1331094#msg1331094 date=1352991092]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=106086.msg1331089#msg1331089 date=1352990466]
Livingston is one of those teams that you never know about completely. They're in an area where nobody ever goes, so alot of times it's hard to gauge them. Several guys that I spoke with from Livingston said that this years Lions team isn't very good. We'll find out tomorrow.
[/quote]If you're comparing the to last years team, no they are not, but they are better in some ways than that team.
[/quote]
I'm just saying that nobody really knows about Livingston year in and year out. Most perople don't see them play even in thier own district. When teams travel to Livingston, alot of fans don't go either because of small stands, too long of a drive, or the horrendous announcer. Therefor, most posters on here can only go by what stats are availible and scores from games. Nobody really knows about the Lions. I did have the guys I spoke with say that this years team isn't as good as the last several years. They said that Livingston rely's on one player too much to rune right and run left and once defenses stop him then it's hard for the Lions to mover the ball. They also said that the defense is horrible. Just going off of what these guys said.
[/quote]I know a lot of people don't know much about them because we are so far away, but I'm far away from your area yet I stay on top of your teams by getting out there. and another thing about a lot of your peoples you are talking to they are the haters who have kids they want to see play that are not good enough, so you have to know who you are getting your infro from. Like to talk more but got doctor appt., then work, then EC game tonight but gotta go. I try to keep up with football in this area and district that we play in for my own enjoyment and pleasure because I know all of these kids and wish the best for them.`

This years team may not be as talented as last years team or even the 2010 team, but they have already done something last years team didn't do and that's make the playoffs. They won the close games that have mattered. They will also accomplish something the 2010 team did not and get out of the first round by winning tomorrow. This team just finds a way to get the job done. They played a GREAT Nederland team very close (in Nederland on Homecoming) and if not for a fumble on the goaline, a bad snap on a punt and a horrible free kick after the safety the outcome may have been different. Ad before you say it, I know all of those plays are part of the game and special teams are one important phase of the game. If Livingston can limit the mistakes and negative plays they have enough talent to win this game and many more. Team with fewest turnovers and fewest penalties will win this game.

[quote name="PlayActionPass" post="1331133" timestamp="1352993861"]
This years team may not be as talented as last years team or even the 2010 team, but they have already done something last years team didn't do and that's make the playoffs. They won the close games that have mattered. They will also accomplish something the 2010 team did not and get out of the first round by winning tomorrow. This team just finds a way to get the job done. They played a GREAT Nederland team very close (in Nederland on Homecoming) and if not for a fumble on the goaline, a bad snap on a punt and a horrible free kick after the safety the outcome may have been different. Ad before you say it, I know all of those plays are part of the game and special teams are one important phase of the game. If Livingston can limit the mistakes and negative plays they have enough talent to win this game and many more. Team with fewest turnovers and fewest penalties will win this game.
[/quote]I have to agree with you, well said ;D

[quote name="PlayActionPass" post="1331150" timestamp="1352994833"]
Vidor game-TD pass called back on phantom offensive pass intereference early, pair of costly turnovers, and a couple of negative plays when Collins tried to be Houdini. On score game until late in the third quarter.
[/quote]

Whats going to be the reason for the BH loss ;D ;D

It looks like vidor went up 21-0 then yall got it to within on score at 10:06 in the 3rd then Vidor scored 2 minutes later to go up by 14 again

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1331165" timestamp="1352995451"]
http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2012-Playoffs/4A-DII-Travis.pdf

Dave campbells has 3 of 4 19-4a going 3 rounds deep in the playoffs
[/quote]Dave Who? now you know better than to bring him up. Looks like we will be playing Brenham next Round, thanks Dave Who!! ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1331169" timestamp="1352995606"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=106086.msg1331165#msg1331165 date=1352995451]

[/quote]

Lol.  Uh oh.... The kiss of death!
[/quote]

You aint lying  ;) I can't stand the pressure already ;D ;D But it is a good call against Brenham though ;)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1331169" timestamp="1352995606"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=106086.msg1331165#msg1331165 date=1352995451]

[/quote]

Lol.  Uh oh.... The kiss of death!
[/quote]So does that mean Dayton will get past the first round? ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1331101" timestamp="1352991472"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=106086.msg1331089#msg1331089 date=1352990466]
Livingston is one of those teams that you never know about completely. They're in an area where nobody ever goes, so alot of times it's hard to gauge them. Several guys that I spoke with from Livingston said that this years Lions team isn't very good. We'll find out tomorrow.
[/quote]If you're comparing the to last years team, no they are not, but they are better in some ways than that team.
[/quote]
I'm just saying that nobody really knows about Livingston year in and year out. Most perople don't see them play even in thier own district. When teams travel to Livingston, alot of fans don't go either because of small stands, too long of a drive, or the horrendous announcer. Therefor, most posters on here can only go by what stats are availible and scores from games. Nobody really knows about the Lions. I did have the guys I spoke with say that this years team isn't as good as the last several years. They said that Livingston rely's on one player too much to rune right and run left and once defenses stop him then it's hard for the Lions to mover the ball. They also said that the defense is horrible. Just going off of what these guys said.
[/quote]

I have watched every game that Livingston has played with the exception of the Nederland game because of prior engagements that night. Livingston defense is not horrible at all, they made to tweek a few thing but horrible they are not. I know you stated that you are gathering your information from hearsay or second hand. But if you really want to watch the defense go to polkcountytoday.com and the editor usually has highlights of the football games on there. That is if you want to form your own opinion than relying on someone else's. The defensive front has come a long way since the begining of the season #58, 76, 34 and a host of others do excellent in containing offense in my opinion. But I guarantee you if #58 0r #34 get loose in that backfield the QB will be seeing the stars in the sky! LOL  The team as a whole has improved over the season. Do I think they will go past the first round? Yes. But ultimately it is the team that has fewer penalties and turnovers that wins. I wish both teams the best of luck and pray for no injuries and safe travels ! GO LIONS!!!!

[quote name="beardown96" post="1331203" timestamp="1352996982"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=106086.msg1331101#msg1331101 date=1352991472]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I have watched every game that Livingston has played with the exception of the Nederland game because of prior engagements that night. Livingston defense is not horrible at all, they made to tweek a few thing but horrible they are not. I know you stated that you are gathering your information from hearsay or second hand. But if you really want to watch the defense go to polkcountytoday.com and the editor usually has highlights of the football games on there. That is if you want to form your own opinion than relying on someone else's. The defensive front has come a long way since the begining of the season #58, 76, 34 and a host of others do excellent in containing offense in my opinion. But I guarantee you if #58 0r #34 get loose in that backfield the QB will be seeing the stars in the sky! LOL  The team as a whole has improved over the season. Do I think they will go past the first round? Yes. But ultimately it is the team that has fewer penalties and turnovers that wins. I wish both teams the best of luck and pray for no injuries and safe travels ! GO LIONS!!!!
[/quote]

Thanks for the link. There is a highlight reel fo the PNG game about mid way down the page from this link. Not to good of quality but still a film.  This game looks like its in slow motion :)

[url=http://www.polkcountytoday.com/topheadlines.html]http://www.polkcountytoday.com/topheadlines.html[/url]

I was looking at the team stats for SETexas and BH is around 4th or 5th in just about everything. One thing people should realize is that in every game we won( most of them blowouts), coach Gage played lots of 2nd and 3rd string players in the 2nd half. Otherwise our 41 pt. avg. per game would have been even more. It also gives me a lot of confidence in our backups, and their experience, if they are called on to get the job done.

[quote name="bh15" post="1331256" timestamp="1353000281"]
I was looking at the team stats for SETexas and BH is around 4th or 5th in just about everything. One thing people should realize is that in every game we won( most of them blowouts), coach Gage played lots of 2nd and 3rd string players in the 2nd half. Otherwise our 41 pt. avg. per game would have been even more. It also gives me a lot of confidence in our backups, and their experience, if they are called on to get the job done.
[/quote]

come gametime, Livingston will know that we are for real.....BH takes this one and we are moving on....unlike most of the 20 4A teams in the playoffs

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1331165" timestamp="1352995451"]

[/quote]'Ole Dave has Terry in the regional final. Memorial might knock them off round one. Didn't realize what kind of path BH had if they could knock off Brenham. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder