Big School SR's Super Bowl

VP93....

Who wins?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lumberton-Blue
    • PNG-Purple

Who's going to win this?  I said it before, then said something different, and then said it again:  Lumberton Blue is ELITE.  I don't see them losing this one, unless they don't win.  I think LumB could beat some high school teams....for real.  And before anyone attacks my statement, I am not speculating or rumor-milling that LumB has high school kids on their team, but I'd like to thank the LumB player that drove my son to the store this weekend....I kid, I kid.  But seriously, they are a good team.  I haven't seen much of PNGP to know, but they did look pretty good against LumW. 

My (Monday) prediction:  LumB wins by a field goal.  Seriously...that kicker they have, I think his name is Jan Stenerud, is better than my fantasy football kicker. 

[i]I reserve the right to change my opinion.  Statements made in this post do not indicate the position of this forum or any teams, organizations, or cults that may or may not participate in youth sports.  [/i]

PNG-P is most of the same kids that have played in 3 other Super Bowls going 2-1. It's a good group of boys and I know they have some fight in them. We were on this team until our family moved to BH this year. One last battle cry for the PNG-P coaches "Bring Da Wood" and "Bring Da Pain".

Before anyone gets upset, this was a battle cry for all those years on the Reservation and [b]doesn't[/b] mean to hurt any kids. Figured I throw that in there for the sensative posters. Good luck to both teams. It's an awesome feeling playing the Super Bowl and even greater feeling winning it! 8)

[quote name="bradyb" post="1321126" timestamp="1352157966"]
Honestly... Lum B by 30+ they played the better PNg team and beat them by 20 twice.
[/quote]

You are always good for a laugh, never giving PNG-P a chance.  Like I pointed out before I'm not sure how you assume white was better from my understanding white beat purple by 2 when purple was something like 5 startes short.  I'm sure purple has your non bias predictions posted all over their fridges.  I understand your feelings are hurt since you have picked against them most of the year and they continue to win.

Go Vidor!

[quote name="Horns46" post="1321256" timestamp="1352170338"]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=105778.msg1321126#msg1321126 date=1352157966]
Honestly... Lum B by 30+ they played the better PNg team and beat them by 20 twice.
[/quote]

You are always good for a laugh, never giving PNG-P a chance.  Like I pointed out before I'm not sure how you assume white was better from my understanding white beat purple by 2 when purple was something like 5 startes short.  I'm sure purple has your non bias predictions posted all over their fridges.  I understand your feelings are hurt since you have picked against them most of the year and they continue to win.

Go Vidor!
[/quote]
You do realize that Lum B beat PNG P 32-0 already right?

[quote name="bradyb" post="1321343" timestamp="1352174680"]
[quote author=Horns46 link=topic=105778.msg1321256#msg1321256 date=1352170338]
[/quote]

Go Vidor!
[/quote]
[/quote]
Bradyb...you are like always right some of the time.  I just looked at the stjfl schedules, and PNGp did lose to LumB.  It was the second week of the season though.  You know as well as I that teams are not the same the second week as they are the first.  I don't know what PNGp did to get better, but they obviously did get better.  They beat a great LumW team...twice...that happened to beat LumB and the other PNG team.  I don't know what it all means, and I don't disagree with your ultimate prediction, I just disagree with your logic.  My tuesday prediction is the same as my monday prediction....but I am not using bradyb logic...I'm using random youth football logic.  This game should be a good one. 

[quote name="shockg" post="1321477" timestamp="1352213375"]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=105778.msg1321343#msg1321343 date=1352174680]
[/quote]

Go Vidor!
[/quote]
[/quote]
Bradyb...you are like always right some of the time.  I just looked at the stjfl schedules, and PNGp did lose to LumB.  It was the second week of the season though.  You know as well as I that teams are not the same the second week as they are the first.  I don't know what PNGp did to get better, but they obviously did get better.  [b]They beat a great LumW team...twice...that happened to beat LumB and the other PNG team[/b].  I don't know what it all means, and I don't disagree with your ultimate prediction, I just disagree with your logic.  My tuesday prediction is the same as my monday prediction....but I am not using bradyb logic...I'm using random youth football logic.  This game should be a good one.
[/quote]
shockg, Lumberton-B beat PNG-W.....twice.... by 22+......and  PNG-W beat PNG-P.

[/quote]

Go Vidor!
[/quote]
[/quote]
Bradyb...you are like always right some of the time.  I just looked at the stjfl schedules, and PNGp did lose to LumB.  It was the second week of the season though.  You know as well as I that teams are not the same the second week as they are the first.  I don't know what PNGp did to get better, but they obviously did get better.  They beat a great LumW team...twice...that happened to beat LumB and the other PNG team.  I don't know what it all means, and I don't disagree with your ultimate prediction, I just disagree with your logic.  My tuesday prediction is the same as my monday prediction....but I am not using bradyb logic...I'm using random youth football logic.  This game should be a good one.
[/quote]

What I know......

We (Lum-W) could not stop the run up the middle the first half....they scored 3 TD's.

The second half we shut down the run and kept them scoreless in the second half.

Had we played the first half like the second, probably would of won that game.....but we didn't and the better team won that day!

Conclusion......

If PNG-P plays 4 quarters like they played the first half against us......they have a good chance of pulling it off.

If they play like they played the second 1/2 against us.....they probably get defeated.....

That's about as unbiased as I can get......

[quote name="VP 93......" post="1321481" timestamp="1352213851"]
[quote author=shockg link=topic=105778.msg1321477#msg1321477 date=1352213375]
[/quote]

Go Vidor!
[/quote]
[/quote]
Bradyb...you are like always right some of the time.  I just looked at the stjfl schedules, and PNGp did lose to LumB.  It was the second week of the season though.  You know as well as I that teams are not the same the second week as they are the first.  I don't know what PNGp did to get better, but they obviously did get better.  [b]They beat a great LumW team...twice...that happened to beat LumB and the other PNG team[/b].  I don't know what it all means, and I don't disagree with your ultimate prediction, I just disagree with your logic.  My tuesday prediction is the same as my monday prediction....but I am not using bradyb logic...I'm using random youth football logic.  This game should be a good one.
[/quote]
shockg, Lumberton-B beat PNG-W.....twice.... by 22+......and  PNG-W beat PNG-P.
[/quote]
From what I understand, the PNGw and PNGp game was a toss up...and PNGp was missing their starting backfield.  Somehow PNGp was ranked #2.  They beat a team...twice...that beat both teams.  PNGp shut Vidor out, and Vidor almost (and probably should have) beat PNGw.  I think it only shows a parity in SR Big School, but is not something to base a prediction on...in my opinion.  Of course, my opinions are open to interpretation.  From the sounds of it....PNGp should not even step on the field.  I guess they are the underdog, I'll give that to them.  Being a dog myself, I always like that in a team.  Maybe my prediction tomorrow will be for PNGp instead of LumB.  ;D

And as an aside...I don't really care who wins.  I just hope to see two good teams play.  From the looks of the big school sr. division, there were 4 or 5 worthy teams in my opinion (my team not being one of them).  It's for the kids, but overall it helps all our communities.  Sports, especially football, build character.  Whether they play forever, or just as youths, these kids will have added tools to their life toolbox.  Sounds hokie and hippyish...but it is true.  Winning is very important, but it is not everything, not at this age.  (go ahead..say it...spoken by a loser).  Maybe it is for the coaches and parents, but we are never to old to step back and just enjoy the experience. 

I apologize for going all Oprah on y'all.  I'm like an onion...I have layers.  And I stink.  And not many people like me.

LUMBERTON-BLUE-----scored 27 points per game.(in conf. only)
PNG-PURPLE----------scored 17 points per game.(in conf. only)

Lumberton-Blue------points allowed per game 5.5. (in conf.only)
PNG-Purple----------points allowed per game 12. (in conf.only)

Should be a good game.

[quote name="shockg" post="1321504" timestamp="1352215078"]
And as an aside...I don't really care who wins.  I just hope to see two good teams play.  From the looks of the big school sr. division, there were 4 or 5 worthy teams in my opinion (my team not being one of them).  It's for the kids, but overall it helps all our communities.  Sports, especially football, build character.  Whether they play forever, or just as youths, these kids will have added tools to their life toolbox.  Sounds hokie and hippyish...but it is true.  Winning is very important, but it is not everything, not at this age.  (go ahead..say it...spoken by a loser).  Maybe it is for the coaches and parents, but we are never to old to step back and just enjoy the experience. 

I apologize for going all Oprah on y'all.  I'm like an onion...I have layers.  And I stink.  And not many people like me.
[/quote]
LOL!!  Good post!  And we all get a lil mushy sometimes....and if we didn't, we would have no heart, and therefore, wouldn't be posting on this YOUTH sports forum.  It is all about our kids, and I can promise you "winning" won't be the only thing mine learns from it!!!

[/quote]

Go Vidor!
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
lumberton w only won by 1 point...they didnt really beat lumberton b, lumberton b had a bad game...they lost the game themselves

[quote name="lmbrtn fan" post="1328222" timestamp="1352740333"]
[quote author=shockg link=topic=105778.msg1321477#msg1321477 date=1352213375]
[/quote]

Go Vidor!
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
lumberton w only won by 1 point...they didnt really beat lumberton b, lumberton b had a bad game...they lost the game themselves
[/quote]

Really?  Well, according to the score and the game I saw......Lumberton W won......and it will remain that way in the stjfl website forever.  Lumberton B came in cocky and unprepared......they deserved that loss. They are a good team with a lot of talent. They deserved that super bowl win.  Be proud of that, but don't make excuses for your one loss......it was a loss.  I have many friends on that team as my Son does. But a win is a win.....an excuse is an excuse......

I agree 100% .  We were flat and did not play to our ability.  No excuses for me at all.  We used that game as a learning tool for our team to realize they have to execute every play if you want to win.  I will not take anything away from Lumberton White because they were the better team that day. 

[quote name="lmbrtn fan" post="1328959" timestamp="1352811859"]
my point was that at any given moment the team predicted to win by statistics can lose...or a team predicted to lose by statistics can win! didnt mean to take anything away from lumberton w
[/quote]

[quote author=lmbrtn fan link=topic=105778.msg1328222#msg1328222 date=1352740333]
[b]lumberton w only won by 1 point[/b]...[b]they didnt really beat lumberton b[/b], lumberton b had a bad game...[b]they lost the game themselves[/b][/quote]

Thats not what you said, and based on your comment, "they didnt really beat lumberton b", I personally don't think thats what you meant.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin