20 4A tiebreaker points

MrUmp1

Somebody correct me if I am wrong here...Central not only needs to win out, but they need to beat LCM by a bunch since they have that (-20) agaiinst Ozen...right now, LCM is plus 5 with their win over Ozen and Central pending...Ozen is done with the 3 way tiebreaker and sits at plus 15.

Of course, all of this is a moot point if LCM just wins tonight, but it looks like Central is the least likely to get in.

Central can not make up enough points in a three way tie to catch Ozen at +15  Central is -20 and the best they can do is get + 21 for beating LCM so that is only + 1 in the three way. LCM is out in three way cause they are +6 now but to be in a three way they would lose to Central tonight so that just takes points away from their +6.

[b] Points mean nothing tonight. Ozen is in if there's a 3-way tie. I posted this in another thread: [/b]

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1318405" timestamp="1351948940"]
Week 9 Results (minus the LCM vs Central game tonight) are posted....

http://www.toupsgraphics.com/fridaynightlights.html

Just curious...
With the Ozen victory last night, Ozen has a pretty much automatic victory over Lumberton next week.
With a Central victory tonight that could create a three way 3 and 4 record tie for 4th place.

Can someone explain the tie breaker scenario, looks like Ozen might still get in with a Central victory.
[/quote]
IF Central wins tonight and Ozen/Vidor take care of business next week you will have Central, Ozen, and LCM tied for 4th place. It will go to points. Here is the point breakdown

Ozen : +14
LCM :  +6  (pending tonight's game)
Central : -20 (pending tonight's game)
Note: **Points from now on mean nothing**

Central is out if they lose next week to Nederland (if Ozen beats Lumberton), regardless of tonight's score because they can't catch Ozen on points. They would be, at most +1 on the points. Ozen's +14 wouldn't change. It's a stretch but Central could still get in even if they lose to Nederland if Ozen loses next week to Lumberton and LC-M loses both games. If LCM loses this week and next week (which is required for this scenario) then Ozen is in if they beat Lumberton. So in theory, tonights game means squat for a points tiebreaker. If LCM drops its last two games, Ozen is in with a win. If LCM wins tonight, LCM has clinched since they would hold the heads up tiebreaker against Central.

Ok so summary. Points mean nothing tonight because if LCM wins, Ozen and Central are out for sure with 4 losses.. If Central wins, points still mean nothing because they will need to beat Nederland to get in as well. If they do that, they are in regardless of what the outcome of Vidor/LC-M is. Even if LC-M upsets Vidor, there is no points tie-breaker because it's two teams with 4-3 records and Central would win the heads up against LC-M.
So, in essence, Central and LC-M control their own destiny.

For Ozen to be in : W against Lumberton, a Central loss to Ned, and two LC-M losses.

For Central to be in: W against LCM AND Ned ---- OR ---- W against LC-M, Ozen loss, LC-M loss

For LC-M to be in: W against Central OR Vidor

Remember, points are established so they mean nothing from here on..

LOL Any questions??

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1318543" timestamp="1351958197"]
[b] Points mean nothing tonight. Ozen is in if there's a 3-way tie. I posted this in another thread: [/b]

[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=105434.msg1318405#msg1318405 date=1351948940]

Just curious...
With the Ozen victory last night, Ozen has a pretty much automatic victory over Lumberton next week.
With a Central victory tonight that could create a three way 3 and 4 record tie for 4th place.

Can someone explain the tie breaker scenario, looks like Ozen might still get in with a Central victory.
[/quote]
IF Central wins tonight and Ozen/Vidor take care of business next week you will have Central, Ozen, and LCM tied for 4th place. It will go to points. Here is the point breakdown

Central is out if they lose next week to Nederland (if Ozen beats Lumberton), regardless of tonight's score because they can't catch Ozen on points. They would be, at most +1 on the points. Ozen's +14 wouldn't change. It's a stretch but Central could still get in even if they lose to Nederland if Ozen loses next week to Lumberton and LC-M loses both games. If LCM loses this week and next week (which is required for this scenario) then Ozen is in if they beat Lumberton. So in theory, tonights game means squat for a points tiebreaker. If LCM drops its last two games, Ozen is in with a win. If LCM wins tonight, LCM has clinched since they would hold the heads up tiebreaker against Central.

Ok so summary. Points mean nothing tonight because if LCM wins, Ozen and Central are out for sure with 4 losses.. If Central wins, points still mean nothing because they will need to beat Nederland to get in as well. If they do that, they are in regardless of what the outcome of Vidor/LC-M is. Even if LC-M upsets Vidor, there is no points tie-breaker because it's two teams with 4-3 records and Central would win the heads up against LC-M.

For Ozen to be in : W against Lumberton, a Central loss to Ned, and two LC-M losses.

For Central to be in: W against LCM AND Ned ---- OR ---- W against LC-M, Ozen loss, LC-M loss

LOL Any questions??
[/quote]

+1

[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=105434.msg1318405#msg1318405 date=1351948940]

Just curious...

[/quote]

LOL Any questions??
[/quote]
Yeah that pretty much explains it lol.

[quote name="MrUmp1" post="1318741" timestamp="1351973472"]
I think that was more than two cents, that was more like half a dollar!!!!! ;D
[/quote]
I tend to get a little wordy with playoff scenarios lol. Mostly because I confuse myself and have to go over it again to make sure I'm not missing something. Believe me, my brain hurt after that..

[quote name="football04" post="1318820" timestamp="1351978752"]
After all that GoDogs who do you think will get in ?
[/quote]
I think LC-M will likely get in because I believe they win tonight.. If Central wins tonight, then I think Ozen gets in. I would put the odds at LC-M 65%, Ozen 30% and Central 5%.

Just curious...

[/quote]

LOL Any questions??
[/quote]

+1 GoDogs. Good car math....

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1318901" timestamp="1351984413"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=105674.msg1318820#msg1318820 date=1351978752]
[/quote]
I think LC-M will likely get in because I believe they win tonight.. If Central wins tonight, then I think Ozen gets in. I would put the odds at LC-M 65%, Ozen 30% and Central 5%.
[/quote]
  20-4a goes down to the final week again with 3 teams trying to get that 4th playoff spot.
Central 3-3 at Nederland 6-0----- Central gets in with a win
Vidor 5-1 at LCM 3-3-------------LCM needs a win and a Central loss
Ozen 2-4 at Lumberton ----------Ozen must win and have Central and LCM lose
    I would give Ozen a 90% chance of getting in
Only one game in 20-4a's final week doesn't have playoff implications. PNG at Livingston

[quote name="football04" post="1319339" timestamp="1352000142"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=105674.msg1318901#msg1318901 date=1351984413]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=105674.msg1318820#msg1318820 date=1351978752]
[/quote]
[/quote]
  20-4a goes down to the final week again with 3 teams trying to get that 4th playoff spot.
Only one game in 20-4a's final week doesn't have playoff implications. PNG at Livingston
[/quote]Ozen will get 4th place.  Toups Graphics has spoken.

[quote name="football04" post="1319339" timestamp="1352000142"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=105674.msg1318901#msg1318901 date=1351984413]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ozen it is. See you guys in a couple weeks i do believe. Ozen is smaller than Vidor correct? So we get to see Crosby v. Ozen.

There is one variable here... While I think it's highly unlikely what if Matthews decides to pull the starters early and LC-M steals a win... Not counting LC-M out completely against Vidor starters, I just think Vidor has more talent and a much better defense... But if the starters get pulled because of the playoff lock for the Pirates... you never know..

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1319576" timestamp="1352033090"]
There is one variable here... While I think it's highly unlikely what if Matthews decides to pull the starters early and LC-M steals a win... Not counting LC-M out completely against Vidor starters, I just think Vidor has more talent and a much better defense... But if the starters get pulled because of the playoff lock for the Pirates... you never know..
[/quote]
Same could be said about Neuman and your central game.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1319662" timestamp="1352039997"]
Nederland is playing for a bit more than Vidor.. I.e. back to back undefeated District Championships.. Starters won't be pulled if the game is in question..
[/quote]
True but Vidor is playing for a chance at a co-district championship. There is still a chance lol.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1319683" timestamp="1352041611"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=105674.msg1319662#msg1319662 date=1352039997]
Nederland is playing for a bit more than Vidor.. I.e. back to back undefeated District Championships.. Starters won't be pulled if the game is in question..
[/quote]
True but Vidor is playing for a chance at a co-district championship. There is still a chance lol.
[/quote]
I don't think it's probable.. I was just playing devil's advocate for a second.. I still think Vidor will beat LC-M..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder