WOS vs. Silsbee

Guest Farmer Fran

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1320631" timestamp="1352130499"]
WOS defense is like a swarm of bees on those highlights vs Orangefield. I wish my Tigers luck and a hard fought game. I hope we win, but I'm more concerned about doing well in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Silsbee will do well in playoffs my friend, too good not to. Just hope both teams come out of the game with no injuries.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="OrangeFBfan" post="1321103" timestamp="1352156082"]
Defense WINS Championships.  The Defense from WO-S is Smothering.  'Stangs by 20+.
[/quote]

I love how the Tigers are not getting respect from a lot of the Mustangs fans.
Victory will be that much sweeter for the Tigers friday night.

alot of mustang fans know what we will be faceing  friday  a very good silsbee team this game puts me in mine of  the wo-s coldsprinjgs game last year thay had two good running backs  and a good QB puts me in mine of silsbee this year---- good luck to both teams and a side note wo-s had a fair DL

Sorry silsbee is a good football team and all but in no way shape or form can you compare them to coldsprings from last year. Silsbee has some good athletes and will have some success against us. But there is nobody on that silsbee squad that is just gonna dominate! There is nobody that can blow past our ridiculously fast defense! Just don't see it happening! Silsbee qb's should get there track shoes ready cause our nose guard 46 monay will be chasing him alllll night! Everyone and I mean everyone we have played this year says no way does their defense slow down our offense no way! Well you don't know how fast they are and how sound they are till your on the field with them! Best of luck tigers, I pray nobody is injured in this game or on the way too and from!

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1321124" timestamp="1352157886"]
[quote author=OrangeFBfan link=topic=105649.msg1321103#msg1321103 date=1352156082]
Defense WINS Championships.  The Defense from WO-S is Smothering.  'Stangs by 20+.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not all WO-S fans feel the way as some of the postings here. I know I don't. I for one am very nervous about this game.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1321124" timestamp="1352157886"]
[quote author=OrangeFBfan link=topic=105649.msg1321103#msg1321103 date=1352156082]
[/quote]

[/quote]

9-0, top ranked defense in the state, well balanced offense, fantastic coaching, team unity + 112% effort on and off the field.  Yes, I'm confident WO-S will win.

[quote name="griff" post="1318084" timestamp="1351914681"]
I hope Silsbee scores on us.  We have to focus on 1) winning and 2) playing through adversity to make a playoff run.  The shut-out chatter is distracting for reaching the real goal. 

Silsbee...please score early...and only once.  ;)

WO-S...score at least twice.  That's all I ask.  ;D
[/quote]
That' a wrap.  Silsbee 6, WO-S 5  ;D

[quote name="marshman" post="1321264" timestamp="1352170996"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=105649.msg1321124#msg1321124 date=1352157886]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not all WO-S fans feel the way as some of the postings here. I know I don't. I for one am very nervous about this game.
[/quote]

Ditto.  Silsbee has the respect of most WO-S fans.  I know the WO-S coaches ALWAYS take that approach and instill that in the team.

This will be a good tune up game for both teams going into the playoffs and bragging rights for District Champion. Nothing more.
Silsbee is in the same mold as Jasper teams, always have some good talent and speed, but not disciplined and their conditioning is never to WOS standards. When the fourth quarter rolls around their hands will be on their knees. 1st half will be tight, but the second half will be the difference.  Stangs by 14, Silsbee may score , but it will not surprise me if they are shutout.

I expect this to be a hard fought game, both teams will play their hearts off. I give the edge to WOS because of the defense, but they are playing in Silsbee and everyone knows its hard to win there. Silsbee will not lay down, and IMO they play their A game against the good teams, especially WOS not (orangefeild, buna, hampshire, etc.) The coaches will have these kids ready, so be prepared to watch a battle friday night. Goodluck to both teams, and let them both represent 21-3a in the playoffs!! My final prediction in this game 7-0 going to the team who wants it more, btw its senior night in silsbee.  ;D

[quote name="MMstangfan" post="1321548" timestamp="1352217672"]
This will be a good tune up game for both teams going into the playoffs and bragging rights for District Champion. Nothing more.
Silsbee is in the same mold as Jasper teams, always have some good talent and speed, but not disciplined and their conditioning is never to WOS standards. When the fourth quarter rolls around their hands will be on their knees. 1st half will be tight, but the second half will be the difference.  Stangs by 14, Silsbee may score , but it will not surprise me if they are shutout.
[/quote]Good post M&Mstangfan.  I hope the WOS "WORRY WART" (skippy) can find someone to read your post to him.

[quote name="speveto" post="1321576" timestamp="1352219497"]
[quote author=MMstangfan link=topic=105649.msg1321548#msg1321548 date=1352217672]
[/quote]Good post M&Mstangfan.  I hope the WOS "WORRY WART" (skippy) can find someone to read your post to him.
[/quote]I don't post much, but read alot and always enjoy the banter. I was a West Orange Chief long before the Mustangs started their quest. I've watched high school football in southeast texas for over 40 years, I've followed all of the area teams on Chamionship runs. Coach T is a longtime friend and I've always been proud of what they have done with these kids. We are blessed to have the coaching and the support from the communities that southeast texas brings, each and every Friday night. Whatever the outcome in Silsbee on Friday night, we are all winners. 

this game may just come down to turnovers and penalities. Anyway sounds like WOS and Silsbee have stole the show this Friday night, in S.E.Texas. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. But this Friday night I will be in the stands yelling for those Tigers. And you Sr. players and parents,  soak it up and enjoy every minute, cause the ride is allmost over.

the mustangs have had there problems this year thats for sure just hope thay can put it all togather  friday.the guys with the yellow flags have killed us most ever game we have played we just cant put a complet game togather but were gettinng there slow but sure.turnovers have killed us  but just maybe we can get it togather good luck silsbee fan and to the tigers

[quote name="skipper" post="1322210" timestamp="1352250578"]
the mustangs have had there problems this year thats for sure just hope thay can put it all togather  friday.the guys with the yellow flags have killed us most ever game we have played we just cant put a complet game togather but were gettinng there slow but sure.turnovers have killed us  but just maybe we can get it togather good luck silsbee fan and to the tigers
[/quote]

I thought we were doing really well with the turnovers...and it seems we've put quite a few "complete games together.." I'm confused, are you talking about WOS?

[quote name="skipper" post="1322240" timestamp="1352253889"]
we have NOT put a full 4QT togather this year you can tell me i am a nut  when i see you friday
[/quote]

Can you define what putting 4 quarters together means to you? Just trying to understand where you're coming from since you've made this point quite a bit

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell