WOS vs. Silsbee

Guest Farmer Fran

[quote name="VNUPE" post="1322252" timestamp="1352255070"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=105649.msg1322240#msg1322240 date=1352253889]
we have NOT put a full 4QT togather this year you can tell me i am a nut  when i see you friday
[/quote]

Can you define what putting 4 quarters together means to you? Just trying to understand where you're coming from since you've made this point quite a bit
[/quote]Penalties , they do have to many but I would say they have not had very many turnovers!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like 77 said the yellow flags and block in the back cut blocks  missed blocks droped ball  need to drive for TDs every time thay get the ball 3 and out will not do .  if the mustangs can cut this mess out then maybe the coaching staff  might be happy ----is that ok

[quote name="skipper" post="1322320" timestamp="1352260383"]
i got a gut feeling silsbee will bring both corners after salter what do you think orangefield  tryed
[/quote]

I would think that since Silsbee is blessed with more speed, just don't think they would see the need to blitz both corners that OF had too. They will try to shut us down (at least at first) probably by playing standard defense. I'd try to stop our running game and make us pass. I agree with you Skipper the penalties have to stop..but this is high school football and most teams have problems with that. Turnovers can't be had period, and I think we have been very good at protecting the ball offensively. We could use a few more defensive turnovers ;)

[quote name="skipper" post="1322283" timestamp="1352257160"]
like 77 said the yellow flags and block in the back cut blocks  missed blocks droped ball  need to drive for TDs every time thay get the ball 3 and out will not do .  if the mustangs can cut this mess out then maybe the coaching staff  might be happy ----is that ok
[/quote]

You're asking for a perfect game. I don't think they're capable of a perfect game. True. We all would like to see the offense score early and often. However, the defense is the primary group on this team. They've put 4 quarters together all year. The other teams can't win if they don't outscore you. And so far they haven't.

[quote name="skipper" post="1322210" timestamp="1352250578"]
the mustangs have had there problems this year thats for sure just hope thay can put it all togather  friday[b].the guys with the yellow flags have killed us most ever game [/b]we have played we just cant put a complet game togather but were gettinng there slow but sure.turnovers have killed us  but just maybe we can get it togather good luck silsbee fan and to the tigers
[/quote]

For the season WOS 58 pen for 565 yds  Opps 56 pen - 470 yds  pretty even I don't wanna hear about officials they have had no effect on the outcome of a game. As a Coach I have much respect for used to say to his team everyday, " take care of your own and good things will happen"

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="americasteam88" post="1323069" timestamp="1352330947"]
WOS 26 Silsbee 6  Finally someone scores on WOS. Only because its at Silsbee. [b] No need to explain, we all know down inside that WOS will prevail without a problem[/b]. Silsbee scores in the 1st just on adrenalin.
[/quote]
::)
Not hardly!!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Wonderboy" post="1323242" timestamp="1352351172"]
Some of these Silsbee fans holding on to dreams  8)
[/quote]No dreams here..I just can't believe some mustang fans, think they are going to waltz into Silsbee and get a easy win.The arrogance is astounding ::)

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1323245" timestamp="1352351692"]
[quote author=Wonderboy link=topic=105649.msg1323242#msg1323242 date=1352351172]
[/quote]No dreams here..I just can't believe some mustang fans, think they are going to waltz into Silsbee and get a easy win.The arrogance is astounding ::)
[/quote]
No "Waltzing" with WO-S...More like a STAMPEDE!!!  No arrogance here either, "Blake Clark" AKA -- Farmer Fran, simply confident that WO-S will get THE WIN! Go 'Stangs!

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1323245" timestamp="1352351692"]
[quote author=Wonderboy link=topic=105649.msg1323242#msg1323242 date=1352351172]
[/quote]

I totally agree with you...I wish them luck,but the arrogance is gettin worse...They can be [b]beat[/b].... ;D ;D ;)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="OrangeFBfan" post="1323254" timestamp="1352359739"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=105649.msg1323245#msg1323245 date=1352351692]
[/quote]
No "Waltzing" with WO-S...More like a STAMPEDE!!!  No arrogance here either, [b][b]"Blake Clark" AKA -- Farmer Fran[/b], simply confident that WO-S will get THE WIN! Go 'Stangs!
[/quote]

Nope not the actor, just the username ;D ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Wonderboy" post="1323294" timestamp="1352379880"]
When your 9-0 with 7 shutouts and have played 7 of the same teams that Silsbee has played, it's not arrogance. ;)  The two teams that Silsbee played different than WO-S played is Lumberton and Livingston. WO-S played Jasper and Central.
[/quote]

Look Wonderbread!!! I did not say the actual Mustangs were arrogant.. I said some not all of the fans arrogance is astounding.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1323297" timestamp="1352380241"]
[quote author=Wonderboy link=topic=105649.msg1323294#msg1323294 date=1352379880]
When your 9-0 with 7 shutouts and have played 7 of the same teams that Silsbee has played, it's not arrogance. ;)  The two teams that Silsbee played different than WO-S played is Lumberton and Livingston. WO-S played Jasper and Central.
[/quote]

Look [u][b]Wonderbread[/b][/u]!!! I did not say the actual Mustangs were arrogant.. I said some not all of the fans arrogance is astounding.
[/quote]

Good one  ;D  You must be old school to remember Wonderbread.
I wasn't necessarily directing that at you or anyone in particular, just stating that us 'Stang fans that have been following WO-S football know what to expect and the 79% winning ratio that spans over 35 years gives us fans the right to make comments like that and it not be considered arrogance. If by some chance Silsbee manages to pull this one out, I'll be back for my crow, don't take it personal.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Wonderboy" post="1323302" timestamp="1352381021"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=105649.msg1323297#msg1323297 date=1352380241]
[quote author=Wonderboy link=topic=105649.msg1323294#msg1323294 date=1352379880]
[/quote]

Look [u][b]Wonderbread[/b][/u]!!! I did not say the actual Mustangs were arrogant.. I said some not all of the fans arrogance is astounding.
[/quote]

Good one  ;D  You must be old school to remember Wonderbread.
I wasn't necessarily directing that at you or anyone in particular, just stating that us 'Stang fans that have been following WO-S football know what to expect and the 79% winning ratio that spans over 35 years[b] gives us fans the right to make comments like that and it not be considered arrogance[/b]. If by some chance Silsbee manages to pull this one out, I'll be back for my crow, don't take it personal.
[/quote]

Yes, it is arrogance any way you put it.
I will be back for my crow as well, if the Tigers do not win.
The bottom line is both teams are very good.
I hope both teams play a injury free game, both teams should make a pretty good playoff run.

I don't know if it is arrogance so much as we KNOW this is our best team in a long time. Now this time next year we may not have so much confidence lol. Silsbee is very good and yes we can be beat and it very well could be Silsbee that does it. Wish I was as confident as some on here but still say WOS wins.

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1323448" timestamp="1352392522"]
The question is not "will silsbee win?", but the question is, "will silsbee score"?  Probably not. maby a field goal.
[/quote]

Come onnnnnnnnn man LMAO :D :D :D...still talking like no one can score on yall..just wait till you leave this area,you'll find out soon enough... ;) ;)

i still say turnovers  will be the diffrence in this game .the mustangs have played some good football to this point i am just hopeing thay can keep it up if not mustangs will be in trouble.the mustangs must bring there A game to silsbee and dont let the tigers strike early it hard to play catch up  agnest them just ask other teams that thay have played. i like what i saw in the locker room  inside each players locker the face of who he will be lined up agnest friday good luck to both teams

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder