WOS vs. Silsbee

Guest Farmer Fran

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys quit gettin on here and asking for different teams to score on us to end the shut-out streak! The easiest way to win a game is to NOT let your opponet score!! Our kids are doing that and now so called fans are calling for thm to be scored on? I bet the coaches don't want the streak to end, because in fact if they keep it up we won't be beat this year.

Obviously the kids pride themselves on shutting teams out and are VERY GOOD AT IT, Nick Saban said in a press conference if he could shut every team out it'd make his job easy, so if Nick Saban wanst a shut out every game why wouldn't we? I bet he's not saying my GOD this shut-out thing has gone to far someone please score on my defense..

Grow a pair for crying out loud and Mustangs Roll Silsbee. Yes Silsbee will come out hard but the stangs Defense will come out harder and put them in their place.

Having seen both or these talented teams, I will go with the Mustangs.  Their defense will feast on Tiger turnovers and give their offense a short field. It will be a war for a half before the Mustangs take charge.  I don't see a shut-out of the Tigers, just not enough points to pull this one out.

[quote name="Oates" post="1318103" timestamp="1351915509"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105649.msg1318093#msg1318093 date=1351914924]
Silsbee by 10
[/quote]

Given Silsbee has 3 wins total ever over WO-S by no more than 6 points in any of the three games that would be pretty shocking. 

1993 WOS lost 14-20
1998 WOS lost 20-21
2009 WOS lost 7-13
[/quote]

I was at each of those Tigers wins. In 93, Jay McGuire and Stanley Rhone had huge runs to knock off Kendal Cleveland and WOS. The 98 game was sparked by that big Mark Farr catch and run. The 2009 mud bowl was a "perfect storm for Jermey Johnson to play in.

Don't put so much emphasis on this game guys the bigger picture is the playoffs , Silsbee will not see another defense like this in the playoffs , so it is possible they could go farther than Wo-s in D1 but if Wo-s can get pass Navasota they could win it all, Silsbee could go at least 3 rounds before they face a real contender but doubt if were ready for Stephenville, so our district will be represented very well good luck teams and please stay injury free.

this is the way i see this tiger mustang game we all here on this bord know good and well coached silsbee is the kids at silsbee have had a few bad games but still  found ways of winning thats a sign of a good team.the tigers know whats in store for them and whats at stake DIST CHAMPS sounds good dont it  :). the tigers have many ways of beating you as we know thay have speed and a big OL  that alot of teams have found out as of this date.ok now for the coaching staff one of the best around thay know there stuff belive me it just might come dow to who has the smarts staff. now for the kids at wo-s i feel like all this shutout talk  is playing heavy on there shoulders and know it will come to a end friday night I HOPE lol.the kids at wo-s have proven thay can play with anyone and this is a BIG plus for them thay have seen teams with speed and big DL and OL so far. as for the coaching staff thay are no fools and will T/C/B starting monday ---------------sorry for the spelling good luck to both teams

Close game..turnovers will decide (something the WOS offense has been very good at not doing). Probably two or three plays decide the momentum and the game. Silsbee will have trouble running up the middle but gets a few yards outside and hits a long pass to ruin the shutout streak. Stangs 16-7

Just talk to a couple WOS kids,they love the shut-outs and wanting to keep it up makes from what they say them practice harder watch more film and them demand perfection from everybody on the team, not just the defense, but the offense as well, example Jimmy Salter not trying to do to much because he knows a punt is ok and the defense will get him the ball back. This team, as a whole has a goal and is on a mission.

Sidenote JKB said at the stat of the year WOS would be in this situation ultiple shut-outs top rated defense) because I knew what WE had on defense this year. Please stop doubting my post and get on board and support this team with all you have.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1318638" timestamp="1351964556"]
Just talk to a couple WOS kids,they love the shut-outs and wanting to keep it up makes from what they say them practice harder watch more film and them demand perfection from everybody on the team, not just the defense, but the offense as well, example Jimmy Salter not trying to do to much because he knows a punt is ok and the defense will get him the ball back. This team, as a whole has a goal and is on a mission.

Sidenote JKB said at the stat of the year WOS would be in this situation ultiple shut-outs top rated defense) because I knew what WE had on defense this year. Please stop doubting my post and get on board and support this team with all you have.
[/quote]

We're on board my friend. This is a special group of kids for sure.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1318116" timestamp="1351915885"]
[quote author=#1stangfan link=topic=105649.msg1318112#msg1318112 date=1351915744]
Wow...I remember all 3...all 3 different phases of life.
[/quote]i remember the one in 98, i said that was gonna happen, they were a lil too cocky after beating Lincoln that year.  ;)
[/quote]

I agree there has been times when we have probably gotten to cocky as a team. I have seen players who had D1 scholarships mail it in all season. However, I can tell you this though from watching at least two practices a week all year. These guys are ALL business, there really is no cockiness in them. They do seem to have learned from last season and seem to be on a mission. Not saying that gets us where we want to be because EVERY teams needs breaks along the way to win the title. Make no mistake, this is a special team that is [u]capable[/u] of winning the title. Taking nothing away from Coach Hooks (his record speaks for itself), but this is Coach T's team. Cockiness is not his style.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1318638" timestamp="1351964556"]

[/quote]I hope skippy and giffy read this post.

I said it once I'll say it again. I cant believe Silsbee folks are even entertaining the idea of a win. Hell you better hope you can at least score........once. Silsbee is a talented team but make no mistake they are not at WOS level. Honestly very seldom is anyone . I just hope both teams stay injury free thru this game and both do well in the playoffs. I'm not from Silsbee or WOS but have watched both play. Silsbee -good WOS- better. way better. IMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245