LIVINGSTON AT VIDOR BROADCAST/Vidor wins 42-21!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Statman" post="1318079" timestamp="1351914584"]
I meant FAR Mr Stang fan.. BTW, didn't Vidor beat WOS in this year's scrimmage pretty bad?
[/quote]
Now scrimmages are just that. Would it be one heck of a game yes. But a scrimmage doesn't say anything. Please don't get that one started!!

[quote name="Statman" post="1318079" timestamp="1351914584"]
I meant FAR Mr Stang fan.. BTW, didn't Vidor beat WOS in this year's scrimmage pretty bad?
[/quote]

Yes they did!! And to avenge that SCRIMMAGE loss (if one can ever do such a thing), WOS beat Vidor in a hot dog eating contest!! It was crazy....WOS would get ahead and then Vidor would eat a few more hot dogs.  I have never been so nervous in all of my life!!!  Then I woke up and someone told me neither school would ever compete in a hot dog eating contest just like neither school would care about a [b]DANG SCRIMMAGE!!!!!!![/b]

That was a disgusting display by a football team...and that team is a reflection of their coach. The officials were pathetic and allowed it to happen. Were Livingston's head coach half a man, he would have benched Collins and cooled him off. I'm really, really, really getting tired of these officials , who are getting paid, yet can't control the game, call it fair, know how many yards you get for offsides (it ain't 6) or what down it is. Hint: look at the scoreboard or this website. They're either blind or biased and It's sickening...

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1318053" timestamp="1351914013"]
im watching the highlights. wth was up with the unsportsmanlike plays? thats unlike Livingston. im shocked.
[/quote]

I hate to blame the officials, but I really have to put the blame on the men in stripes.  Once the refs lost control, both teams took some cheap shots.  And while the Livingston team appeared to be the worst offenders, it is easier to stay classy when you are winning. 

And Collins did spend too much time jawing with the Vidor stands, but once he started his "horn" taunting, the Vidor fans really gave it back (me included)  and Collins is just a kid.  So you have to share the blame, but it was ugly.

But I don't blame the Lions, I have to blame the refs.  The crew we had last week would have never let this happen.

JMHO

[quote name="robanadana" post="1318097" timestamp="1351915238"]
That was a disgusting display by a football team...and that team is a reflection of their coach. The officials were pathetic and allowed it to happen. Were Livingston's head coach half a man, he would have benched Collins and cooled him off. I'm really, really, really getting tired of these officials , who are getting paid, yet can't control the game, call it fair, know how many yards you get for offsides (it ain't 6) or what down it is. Hint: look at the scoreboard or this website. They're either blind or biased and It's sickening...
[/quote]

Collins did sit for a Defensive series after the taunting stuff, to be fair

Sorry to offend you Stangfan... I'm going for the stangs too and each and every team in the Golden Triangle this year to once again beat their bi-district counterparts just like last year's playoffs.

Go Nederland, Vidor, Livingston, WOS, and any other triangle team headed for the post season play.

[quote name="daddy23" post="1318105" timestamp="1351915579"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105603.msg1318053#msg1318053 date=1351914013]
im watching the highlights. wth was up with the unsportsmanlike plays? thats unlike Livingston. im shocked.
[/quote]

I hate to blame the officials, but I really have to put the blame on the men in stripes.  Once the refs lost control, both teams took some cheap shots.  And while the Livingston team appeared to be the worst offenders, it is easier to stay classy when you are winning. 

[b]And Collins did spend too much time jawing with the Vidor stands, but once he started his "horn" taunting, the Vidor fans really gave it back (me included)  and Collins is just a kid[/b].  So you have to share the blame, but it was ugly.

But I don't blame the Lions, I have to blame the refs.  The crew we had last week would have never let this happen.

JMHO
[/quote]was that what he was throwing up after the hit on Montana in the endzone on that TD?

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1318113" timestamp="1351915795"]
[quote author=daddy23 link=topic=105603.msg1318105#msg1318105 date=1351915579]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105603.msg1318053#msg1318053 date=1351914013]
[/quote]

[b]And Collins did spend too much time jawing with the Vidor stands, but once he started his "horn" taunting, the Vidor fans really gave it back (me included)  and Collins is just a kid[/b].  So you have to share the blame, but it was ugly.

JMHO
[/quote]was that what he was throwing up after the hit on Montana in the endzone on that TD?
[/quote]

yes

[quote name="daddy23" post="1318109" timestamp="1351915688"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=105603.msg1318097#msg1318097 date=1351915238]
[/quote]

Collins did sit for a Defensive series after the taunting stuff, to be fair
[/quote]
I tried to think of ways not to be a smart-ass but it really is next to impossible to do. You mean they sat their star player on offense and defense; after NUMEROUS unsportsmanlike plays an entire defensive series??.....

[quote name="Statman" post="1318111" timestamp="1351915732"]
Sorry to offend you Stangfan... I'm going for the stangs too and each and every team in the Golden Triangle this year to once again beat their bi-district counterparts just like last year's playoffs.

Go Nederland, Vidor, Livingston, WOS, and any other triangle team headed for the post season play.
[/quote]

You didnt offend me...I was just trying to bring an observation to the table and thought some Vidorians might have some input.  I am very good friends with a couple former Vidor players and we discuss the lack of a passing game....they too cant understand why Vidor doesnt at least attempt to develop that aspect of their game.   

[quote name="jmoore" post="1318115" timestamp="1351915864"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105603.msg1318113#msg1318113 date=1351915795]
[quote author=daddy23 link=topic=105603.msg1318105#msg1318105 date=1351915579]
[/quote]

JMHO
[/quote]

yes
[/quote]smh.  >:(

Well, enough about the unsportsmanlike play and the buffoons we had for refs. How about the dominating play of the Pirates! I was worried about this game but my Pirates put those worries to rest. Pirates completely dominated this game. Stay healthy Pirates and keep working hard.

[quote name="jmoore" post="1318042" timestamp="1351913692"]
[quote author=#1stangfan link=topic=105603.msg1318032#msg1318032 date=1351913521]
I wish Vidor all the best!!!  However will they ever ditch the short sighted goal of winning games and district games for the bigger prize?  I might be wrong but in my opinion a 4A team will not win state relying on the run.  Someone will either shut them down or put them too far behind to catch up.  There are too many high powered offenses out there.
[/quote]
It has been a couple of years but if I am not mistaken (and I am know I am not) Texas City won a state championship with running the ball the entire game in the Championship. Therefore a 4A CAN AND HAS won STATE RELYING ON THE RUN....just saying do your research....believe Texas City's motto that year was something along the lines of "Better stop the run, because we pass for fun"
[/quote]

Lamarque won two state championships as well as Liberty Hill with the slot-t. It is a good offense and fits our kids and our scheme. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! I would't change anything...just keep winning baby!

[quote name="VPATH" post="1318127" timestamp="1351916161"]
Well, enough about the unsportsmanlike play and the buffoons we had for refs. How about the dominating play of the Pirates! I was worried about this game but my Pirates put those worries to rest. Pirates completely dominated this game. Stay healthy Pirates and keep working hard.
[/quote]
Good call on bringing up a different subject! I thought this game was going to be closer than what it was!!!! I knew the Pirates were gonna win but thought the margin would be closer! If they continue to play this way they can make some noise in the playoffs. The Bi-District round is going to be interesting if we go Div I and face Dayton or S.C. whichever team wins is going to have a tough win under their belts from the word go!!

Still, this was one of those games that was hard to relax knowing that Livingston had the ability & athletes to score on the big play.  Proud of the defense for keeping containment for most of the game.  After a shaky first quarter, the Pirate offense got going and Montana's second touchdown was  definitely highlight reel worthy.  If I'm not mistaken, he now has 25 for the year.
The refs lost control of the game early and it got ugly.  Glad to see the Pirates kept their composure.  Good, tough win for Vidor.

This was a great game in the 1st half... hard hitting hard nosed football... you hit me I hit you lets see who is standing last type of football.... The refs let this one get out of hand and it is what it is... other then a few cheap shots by both sides and some bad officiating for not stopping the game and telling both Head Coaches next Personal Foul will be an Ejection, i thought both teams played good football... Collins as an athlete is top shelf! But like some young men who get looked at by big D1 schools it has gone to his head a little... he was more of an I player then a team player in the end... #15 for Livingston has some great hands and decent speed... if their O line could hold back some Defenders for Collins they could be very deadly .... The Wrecking Crew from Vidor is probably not as athletic but they have that never say die mentality that keeps them going! Straight up Old School SHA BAM! football LOL Good Luck to Livingston in the playoffs if they stay healthy and keep their heads on square they could make some noise... Pirate keep working hard and moving forward!! 1 game at a time!! next up LC-M that is the only game we should be thinking about!! FINISH THIS SEASON BEFORE WE START THE NEXT!!!!!

Carry on that is all :-D LMAO!!!!

I have said this time and time again, Coach Mathews is one of the classiest guys I know. He never stops fighting for equal calls and his, as well as others, players safety. I have yet to see another coach beat him to an injured player whether it be one of his own or an opposing player. That alone speaks volumes for him.