The Showdown - Alto Vs. SA

mmccary

This could potentially be the last game at Wolf Stadium before the new stadium is built!  Bond election is coming up....and everyone better vote!  With that being said...it will be senior night, and with all of the emotions being factored in it will be a long night for the Yellowjackets.  SA is very good at stopping the run, and that is that is what Alto does best.  Alto let WS score on em, SA did not let their offense in the End Zone.  The Wolves have been stingy on defense and looking a lot better on offense.  The Wolves want their 2nd district title in a row and Alto is standing in the way.  If SA comes out fired up....watch out!

Sa is pretty good, but I am going with Alto in this one.  More balanced and their defense isn't bulletproof.  WS, who was with out their best RB most of the game, moved the ball on them pretty effectively only punting two times.  Alto is more physical and bigger than SA is on the line.  They will run right at SA and pound the ball taking a lot of clock.  I believe Alto's defense is better than SA's offense who overall struggled against the WS defense scoring on a few blown coverages that Alto won't give up.  It will be a good one that could go either way, but I have to pick one, and thats is where Im leaning after seeing both teams.

[quote name="500nomore" post="1313936" timestamp="1351538820"]
Sa is pretty good, but I am going with Alto in this one.  More balanced and their defense isn't bulletproof.  WS, who was with out their best RB most of the game, moved the ball on them pretty effectively only punting two times.  Alto is more physical and bigger than SA is on the line.  They will run right at SA and pound the ball taking a lot of clock.  I believe Alto's defense is better than SA's offense who overall struggled against the WS defense scoring on a few blown coverages that Alto won't give up.  It will be a good one that could go either way, but I have to pick one, and thats is where Im leaning after seeing both teams.
[/quote]

Did you watch the WS game?  They only had about 150 total yards and you call that effective?  SA has 3 kids least 250+ on the line that trade back and forth to stay fresh.  Even if WS had their best rb missing for most of the game they had Lacey in the backfield and he was ineffective most of the game.  SA came up with stops when they needed to...

[quote name="500nomore" post="1313936" timestamp="1351538820"]
[/quote]
I wonder why that starting RB was sitting out?

They never scored but only punted twice. That sounds like a lot of 4th down conversions that didn't happen!

This will be the toughest game that SA has had to play all year! They need to make sure that they are ready mentally when they step out on the field friday night. If they go to work and play football like they're capable of they will be fine!

Sr night, possibly the last Varsity game ever played on the current field, and the District Championship on the line...........What do you think?

Blown coverage??? SA scored running the ball. How does that translate to blown coverage?? Come on man? And SA held west Sabine to 150 yards of offense, that's called shutting an offense down my friend. Alto is very good but SA has the tools to beat them if they put it all together. Gonna be a dog fight either way

[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1313976" timestamp="1351541171"]
[quote author=500nomore link=topic=105423.msg1313936#msg1313936 date=1351538820]
[/quote]

Did you watch the WS game?  They only had about 150 total yards and you call that effective?  SA has 3 kids least 250+ on the line that trade back and forth to stay fresh.  Even if WS had their best rb missing for most of the game they had Lacey in the backfield and he was ineffective most of the game.  SA came up with stops when they needed to...
[/quote]
LT and RT are over 300 lbs. The rest are around 220 lbs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder