Dayton at Barbers Hill Game Thread/Dayton wins 13-6.

WOSgrad

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1314458" timestamp="1351600412"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=105294.msg1314455#msg1314455 date=1351600075]
Better knock the Hill off the Barbie's helments 1st ;D
[/quote]
Gonna be hard to limp into our home and come out with a win. However that could be a plus for BH. With [b]Kaleb growing up and playing football with our kids for years I'm not so sure they would attack him like someone they don't know.[/b]
[/quote]So is this going to be the excuse if SC loses? I mean that was the excuse when yall played Humble and they held yall til half time... Something like they are all friends they hang out together and spend the night at each others house.................... Your not so sure they will attack Denny like they would someone else.. Guess that will be Lucky for BH.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="octfeb" post="1314460" timestamp="1351600661"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=105294.msg1314458#msg1314458 date=1351600412]
[/quote]
Gonna be hard to limp into our home and come out with a win. However that could be a plus for BH. With [b]Kaleb growing up and playing football with our kids for years I'm not so sure they would attack him like someone they don't know.[/b]
[/quote]So is this going to be the excuse if SC loses? I mean that was the excuse when yall played Humble and they held yall til half time... Something like they are all friends they hang out together and spend the night at each others house.................... Your not so sure they will attack Denny like they would someone else.. Guess that will be Lucky for BH.
[/quote]
We will win, I'm saying the boys might not be as aggressive twards Kaleb vs a QB they dont know. We've all heard enough excuses on this thread.

[quote name="bh15" post="1314452" timestamp="1351599493"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=105294.msg1314424#msg1314424 date=1351591719]
[quote author=Eagletown link=topic=105294.msg1314377#msg1314377 date=1351569144]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=105294.msg1313238#msg1313238 date=1351465381]
[quote author=Eagletown link=topic=105294.msg1313233#msg1313233 date=1351464583]
I didn't have a dog in this fight really.  I just came to watch two really good team play.  Ok so I did have a dog my nephew was the back up QB and I am origionally from the Hill.  Try not to hold that against me.  Seriously though I was going to see to really good teams compete.  That I did for sure.  Congrats to Dayton on pulling it out.  Now my honest opinion from the outside looking in.  BH beat Dayton Friday night.  But at the end of the game Dayton got the victory.  Two big plays is nothing to write home about agaist the backup QB taking nothing away from Gigout at all.  You plan to play D where you been playing all season then the starter gets hurt and your throw into the fire.  To be honest I though holy cow this might be about to get ugly. But balke sis a great job IMO.  Denny has been the starter since his freshman years.  A lot of experience goes with that speaking the obvious here.  Blake did a great job coming in and filling in for a 3 year starter now.  You Dayton folks can brag all you want you got the W but you did it with 2 fluke plays.  Now had that busted play been just a first down play like it was intended to be the ponies might have actually earned a TD and not have had one of the 2 handed to them.  It was a hard faught game between 2 really good teams just so happens Dayton got the breaks and the W.
[/quote]bh beat dayton. Did I miss something. Honestly your oponion is ignorant. A kickoff return for a td is not a fluke play. Now dayton muffing the xtra point that was a fluke. The way I see it the score should of been 7-6 and dayton wouldnt have needed that last td.
[/quote]

There was a penalty that gave them a second chance at the kick off return.  Other wise they would have been inside the 5.  So a great return set up by a penalty.  The go for it on 3rd and short and it turning into a TD.  Ok maybe not flukes… but lucky helps with skill there you happy? My point is BH beat Dayton on offense and defense with the 2 field goals.  But it just wasn’t enough thanks to lady luck mixed with some skills.  There get it?  Ignorant would be convincing your self that two lucky breaks means Dayton was the better team.  They won... They got lucky!  But sometimes you have to be good to get lucky.  That they are but they could lose to the hill just as easy as they won.  Hats off to the ponies and there win.
[/quote]I guess it was lucky for Bh we muffed punts all night long and gave BH excellant field postion  and it was lucky we stuffed your offense  inside the red-zone how many times. It was lucky BH only had 11 players to stop a guy run 95 yds for a TD.It was lucky you got Home-field advantage two years in row.It was lucky for Dayton we had more penalties than BH also Dayton had a penalty on a kick-off -lucky Bh couldnt return it for a TD.Lucky BH offense sputered with 2 min left in the 4th keeping them from getting a fluke TD to win the game. Thank god for luck.
[/quote] Lucky for Dayton BH got an offsides on a kickoff otherwise y'all would have been stuuck on the 5yd. line and would not have had the TD return.
[/quote]

[i][b]The harder I practice, the luckier I get. [/b][/i]

-Gary Player

That kickoff return was not luck. Your players broke the rules and got penalized. Just like ours did when they broke the rules.

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1314458" timestamp="1351600412"]
[/quote]
Gonna be hard to limp into our home and come out with a win. However that could be a plus for BH. With Kaleb growing up and playing football with our kids for years I'm not so sure they would attack him like someone they don't know.
[/quote]Its going to be rough to come in the Broncos house limping trying to get a W!

[quote name="bh15" post="1314452" timestamp="1351599493"]
[quote author=Eagletown link=topic=105294.msg1314377#msg1314377 date=1351569144]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=105294.msg1313238#msg1313238 date=1351465381]
[quote author=Eagletown link=topic=105294.msg1313233#msg1313233 date=1351464583]
I didn't have a dog in this fight really.  I just came to watch two really good team play.  Ok so I did have a dog my nephew was the back up QB and I am origionally from the Hill.  Try not to hold that against me.  Seriously though I was going to see to really good teams compete.  That I did for sure.  Congrats to Dayton on pulling it out.  Now my honest opinion from the outside looking in.  BH beat Dayton Friday night.  But at the end of the game Dayton got the victory.  Two big plays is nothing to write home about agaist the backup QB taking nothing away from Gigout at all.  You plan to play D where you been playing all season then the starter gets hurt and your throw into the fire.  To be honest I though holy cow this might be about to get ugly. But balke sis a great job IMO.  Denny has been the starter since his freshman years.  A lot of experience goes with that speaking the obvious here.  Blake did a great job coming in and filling in for a 3 year starter now.  You Dayton folks can brag all you want you got the W but you did it with 2 fluke plays.  Now had that busted play been just a first down play like it was intended to be the ponies might have actually earned a TD and not have had one of the 2 handed to them.  It was a hard faught game between 2 really good teams just so happens Dayton got the breaks and the W.
[/quote]bh beat dayton. Did I miss something. Honestly your oponion is ignorant. A kickoff return for a td is not a fluke play. Now dayton muffing the xtra point that was a fluke. The way I see it the score should of been 7-6 and dayton wouldnt have needed that last td.
[/quote]

There was a penalty that gave them a second chance at the kick off return.  Other wise they would have been inside the 5.  So a great return set up by a penalty.  The go for it on 3rd and short and it turning into a TD.  Ok maybe not flukes… but lucky helps with skill there you happy? My point is BH beat Dayton on offense and defense with the 2 field goals.  But it just wasn’t enough thanks to lady luck mixed with some skills.  There get it?  Ignorant would be convincing your self that two lucky breaks means Dayton was the better team.  They won... They got lucky!  But sometimes you have to be good to get lucky.  That they are but they could lose to the hill just as easy as they won.  Hats off to the ponies and there win.
[/quote]I guess it was lucky for Bh we muffed punts all night long and gave BH excellant field postion  and it was lucky we stuffed your offense  inside the red-zone how many times. It was lucky BH only had 11 players to stop a guy run 95 yds for a TD.It was lucky you got Home-field advantage two years in row.It was lucky for Dayton we had more penalties than BH also Dayton had a penalty on a kick-off -lucky Bh couldnt return it for a TD.Lucky BH offense sputered with 2 min left in the 4th keeping them from getting a fluke TD to win the game. Thank god for luck.
[/quote] Lucky for Dayton BH got an offsides on a kickoff otherwise y'all would have been stuuck on the 5yd. line and would not have had the TD return.
[/quote]Take the kick off return away and we still win 7-6 or do we need to take the other touchdown away cause it didn't count?

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1314495" timestamp="1351603632"]
[/quote]
Gonna be hard to limp into our home and come out with a win. However that could be a plus for BH. With Kaleb growing up and playing football with our kids for years I'm not so sure they would attack him like someone they don't know.
[/quote]Its going to be rough to come in the Broncos house limping trying to get a W!
[/quote]
Difference is we have some who can limp faster than yours can run ;)

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1314519" timestamp="1351604881"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=105294.msg1314495#msg1314495 date=1351603632]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]I doubt it

[quote name="Eagletown" post="1313233" timestamp="1351464583"]
[/quote]I think I know you! LOL, "I'm his wifes son in law" does that ring a bell? ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1314519" timestamp="1351604881"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=105294.msg1314495#msg1314495 date=1351603632]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Haha, your full of jokes today! :D

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1314424" timestamp="1351591719"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you miss the skill part? 

I guess so...

So we'll go here then!

Dayton won but they still suck!

Then when they win again.

Which I'm sure they will because they got skillzzz and they are lucky.

They will still freaking suck!

News flash if you missed it earlier.

The Dayton phillies suck.

That should about do it.

[quote name="Eagletown" post="1315183" timestamp="1351654458"]

I guess so...
So we'll go here then!
That should about do it.
[/quote]

You sound like a Dayton fan, if the team that beat you sucks, where does that put BH as a team?

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1314476" timestamp="1351602032"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=105294.msg1314460#msg1314460 date=1351600661]
[/quote]
[/quote]
We will win, I'm saying the boys might not be as aggressive twards Kaleb vs a QB they dont know. We've all heard enough excuses on this thread.
[/quote]
So does that mean they won't be as aggressive towards the Mcbrides since they all know each other and are tight n all? Sweet!

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1315284" timestamp="1351686960"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=105294.msg1314476#msg1314476 date=1351602032]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
So does that mean they won't be as aggressive towards the Mcbrides since they all know each other and are tight n all? Sweet!
[/quote]
Our boys dont like dayton. ;)

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1315284" timestamp="1351686960"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote] Good one  ;D

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1315285" timestamp="1351687128"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=105294.msg1315284#msg1315284 date=1351686960]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote] funny our boys don't like SC either...  :o

[quote name="octfeb" post="1315290" timestamp="1351687590"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=105294.msg1315285#msg1315285 date=1351687128]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote] funny our boys don't like SC either...  :o
[/quote]
Good to know everyone's on the same page ;)

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1315285" timestamp="1351687128"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I don't believe that is entirely true. I can see them wanting to beat Dayton. I can imagine them getting fired up to try. Everyone wants a piece of the top dog. Only natural. But to say they "don't like" Dayton when the two teams have never played is a bit of a stretch I believe. Unless smokin baby has been over there tellin lies on us.  8)

[quote name="Eagletown" post="1315183" timestamp="1351654458"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess so...

So we'll go here then!

That should about do it.
[/quote]Face it...........You got your butt whipped even after Mother Nature set the table for you. BH lost. Get over it and enjoy the next 12 months
in BH better known as Sucktown, USA

Keep it real folks, When it was announced that SC was now part of the new 19-4A all our kids heard was how they would not be able to compete, how they were in a soft district, and most of all Dayton,Dayton,Dayton......News flash, When you start to push something down someones throat they tend to aquire a dislike for it.

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1315297" timestamp="1351688433"]
Keep it real folks, When it was announced that SC was now part of the new 19-4A all our kids heard was how they would not be able to compete, how they were in a soft district, and most of all Dayton,Dayton,Dayton......News flash, When you start to push something down someones throat they tend to aquire a dislike for it.
[/quote]So who was pushing Dayton Dayton Dayton downs their throats? Sc people?

[quote name="octfeb" post="1315299" timestamp="1351688545"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=105294.msg1315297#msg1315297 date=1351688433]
[/quote]So who was pushing Dayton Dayton Dayton downs their throats? Sc people?
[/quote]
I'll go with people in general, hows that.

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1315297" timestamp="1351688433"]
[/quote]
That's cool. We get it. We had the same thing happened when we went to 20-4A for a minute. Gotta beat the man to be the man.

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1315306" timestamp="1351689096"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=105294.msg1315299#msg1315299 date=1351688545]
[/quote]So who was pushing Dayton Dayton Dayton down their throats? Sc people?
[/quote]
[/quote]Oh ok... if you say so.  ::)

[quote name="octfeb" post="1315311" timestamp="1351689430"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=105294.msg1315306#msg1315306 date=1351689096]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=105294.msg1315299#msg1315299 date=1351688545]
[/quote]So who was pushing Dayton Dayton Dayton down their throats? Sc people?
[/quote]
[/quote]Oh ok... if you say so.  ::)
[/quote]
don't be rolling your eyes at me

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder