Dayton at Barbers Hill Game Thread/Dayton wins 13-6.

WOSgrad

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1311587" timestamp="1351310804"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=105294.msg1311576#msg1311576 date=1351310442]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=105294.msg1311573#msg1311573 date=1351310317]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=105294.msg1311561#msg1311561 date=1351310187]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=105294.msg1311553#msg1311553 date=1351310070]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=105294.msg1311532#msg1311532 date=1351309794]
[size=14pt][b]Classy responses to this game from BH......... although.....

[size=24pt]BHJustwin[/size]... needs to come get a little crow. We rushed for over 100 yds and won the game. He was supremely confident.... [size=24pt]Where you at?[/size][/size]
[/quote]
I ate mine already, but I'll take another bite. ;D
[/quote]

no no... you did fine... he was the most cocky. Just thought I'd call him out.  ;D ;D

I'm glad we aren't on the losing end of this one....  8)
[/quote]

I must admit if you would have lost with our 2nd sting QB in , I might have served some crow tonight ;D just a little though ;)
[/quote]

no doubt.

I was a little sad to see that Denny couldn't take a hit though. ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

Yeah I bet all of the Dayton fans shed a tear with Denny went out :'(  Does anyone have an update on Denny. I hope it is just a tweak, but he didn't come out after the half.
[/quote] I was told it was a high ankle spraign. No broken bones. Don't know yet if he will be out for the SC game. They have practice tomorrow morning. I may get an update after the practice.

Dayton did a good job of stuffing our run game for the most part. Corners were well coached and linebackers were fast. Too fast for us to break any long runs outside the ends.

Dayton's vaunted offense was throttled except for a great kickoff return and a good instinctive run after being stopped cold in the 4th quarter. The Broncos did what good teams do. They found a way to win. Congratulations Dayton.

I am more confident now than ever about our defense and I think we can get past the 1st round this year.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tale of 2 good defenses under windy/cold NE wind gusting to 25.Both offenses struggled w some of the best D I ever seen in a cross town game.I was screaming my lungs out as were most of Dayt fans near me.Here is why;End of the 1st qtr Dayt turns the ball over to BH going south.The refs NEVER moved the ball to the other end(north) to start the 2nd qtr.Meaning BH had wind @their back for a good 3 point fg from about 35 yds out.Dayton's coaches or BH never did anything to straighten out the refs.Talk about the biggest oficiating blunder/boo boo I've ever seen.Then w/the game winding down w/BH driving late 4th Bh goes for it on 4th and 3.Gets 1 yd and before you know it the chain guys on our side MOVE the Chains to try to help BH w/enough for a 1st down(home cooking).Caught they had to move em back.Bh short & led to Dayton's lastdrive for the win.I said @ the Preview show that I thought Dayt would blow them out And the Defense would be the differance=part 1 I was wrong part 2 the D was outstanding.We couldn't get in a groove,great def scheme by BH but holding Bh to 2 fg's you should win,just wasn't pretty.Hope Denny's x-rays shows a bruise and he heals quickly

[quote name="liltex" post="1311641" timestamp="1351312212"]
Tale of 2 good defenses under windy/cold NE wind gusting to 25.Both offenses struggled w some of the best D I ever seen in a cross town game.I was screaming my lungs out as were most of Dayt fans near me.Here is why;End of the 1st qtr Dayt turns the ball over to BH going south.The refs NEVER moved the ball to the other end(north) to start the 2nd qtr.Meaning BH had wind @their back for a good 3 point fg from about 35 yds out.Dayton's coaches or BH never did anything to straighten out the refs.Talk about the biggest oficiating blunder/boo boo I've ever seen.Then w/the game winding down w/BH driving late 4th Bh goes for it on 4th and 3.Gets 1 yd and before you know it the chain guys on our side MOVE the Chains to try to help BH w/enough for a 1st down(home cooking).Caught they had to move em back.Bh short & led to Dayton's lastdrive for the win.I said @ the Preview show that I thought Dayt would blow them out And the Defense would be the differance=part 1 I was wrong part 2 the D was outstanding.We couldn't get in a groove,great def scheme by BH but holding Bh to 2 fg's you should win,just wasn't pretty.Hope Denny's x-rays shows a bruise and he heals quickly
[/quote]

Hey Liltex, that is the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard for not eating a crow sandwich. Really your picture says it all about you....lol

Tale of 2 good defenses under windy/cold NE wind gusting to 25.Both offenses struggled w some of the best D I ever seen in a cross town game.I was screaming my lungs out as were most of Dayt fans near me.Here is why;End of the 1st qtr Dayt turns the ball over to BH going south.[b]The refs NEVER moved the ball to the other end(north) to start the 2nd qtr.Meaning BH had wind @their back for a good 3 point fg from about 35 yds out.Dayton's coaches or BH never did anything to straighten out the refs.Talk about the biggest oficiating blunder/boo boo I've ever seen.[/b]Then w/the game winding down w/BH driving late 4th Bh goes for it on 4th and 3.Gets 1 yd and before you know it the chain guys on our side MOVE the Chains to try to help BH w/enough for a 1st down(home cooking).Caught they had to move em back.Bh short & led to Dayton's lastdrive for the win.I said @ the Preview show that I thought Dayt would blow them out And the Defense would be the differance=part 1 I was wrong part 2 the D was outstanding.We couldn't get in a groove,great def scheme by BH but holding Bh to 2 fg's you should win,just wasn't pretty.Hope Denny's x-rays shows a bruise and he heals quickly
[/quote]Smoking Baby paid the refs ;)

Guest hardin01
There were some things that transpired in this game, that I have never seen, Lil'Tex.

Kickoff from Carranco was like watching a Phil Mickelson flop shot, with some serious spin-age. LOL

All together, I was impressed with BH defensively.

My rating for Dayton is a 6 of 10. Poor execution, bogus play calling, and lack of situational understanding at times simply put Dayton in a hole, on too many occasions.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="1311648" timestamp="1351312528"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=105294.msg1311641#msg1311641 date=1351312212]
[/quote]

Hey Liltex, that is the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard for not eating a crow sandwich. Really your picture says it all about you....lol
[/quote]

Dayton won.... he admitted he was wrong..... what crow does he have to eat? That episode with the refs was pretty weird. What's your pic say about you?

[/quote] I saw that also, I was wondering what the deal was with that, I asked the people around me and they were lost too.

[quote name="dayton" post="1311585" timestamp="1351310770"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=105294.msg1311579#msg1311579 date=1351310582]
Unless a Dayton player hit him in the ankle, it wasn't from the hit. I think someone landed on his ankle or his foot got caught in the pile and got twisted. That's what it looked like from my seat. ;)
[/quote]

I know... I was ribbing BHFAN because he said the same thing about our QB injuries.... and they were all ankles as well. 8) 8)

Hope he's ready to go come playoff time. Might as well sit him against SC and ya'll should beat NC easily without him. That offense isn't the same without out him. Even though, they hadn't really got it rolling with him in there.
[/quote]

Naw, we want Denny well and ready come Thursday... :)

That was just one helluva HS football game and I was honored to get to see it.  Two outstanding defenses showed up. Really impressed that BH didnt lay down after Denny hurt early. Two plays were the story of the game.  Dayton still sucks, but not as much after tonight!!  ;) Good luck to the Broncos and great job finding a way to win.  Lets go represent in the playoffs now!

Great defense game by both teams ! BHFan, Smoken Baby with all your 10,000 smack-posts  there is still plenty of crow left over for you to eat .... so get busy !  SBaby how do you like Dayon's "D" now ? All your down hill running several time 's on the goal line got you 6 points "what up" ? Dayton coach's need to mix up the offensive play calling more when we play good team s I think they go into to prevent mode instead of geitting creative. Chambers had a rough game cause BH blitzed almost ever down and we didn't keep them honest by running up the middle then follow by airing it out.  I can't say enough about our defense holding a great grinding it out offense with a huge running back to 6 points .Ugly win but a win is a win is a win. Great game BH you have a soild team and I believe you will make some noise in the play-offs.

Man what a game....BH will be winning a first round game this year I do believe.  Wind affected the offense some and the playcalling/offensive gameplan left a little something to be desired (do we not a crossing route in the playbook against a 4 deep zone...or a flood play even?) but overall the problem with the Dayton O was the BH Defense.  Fundamentally sound, great leverage and gap control, and GREAT TACKLING!  Someone wrote about a bunch of big hits....that's not what I saw.  1 big hit on the Dayton sideline that caused a fumble and one in the middle of the field but both of those big hits were not by the initial tackler but by the pursuit.  BH's tackling and gap control was beautiful to watch even from the opposing stands...hopefully Denny's not hurt too and can play next week.  BH's O...I just don't think you can run that type of offense and go deep in the playoffs in 4A.  JMO

Really clean, well played game from my perspective though.  Well officiated for the most part as well.  Chaingate there at the end was rather funny....the chorus of boos from the Dayton side was from the not so suttle attempt by the chain crew (who I'm pretty sure is supplied by the home team and is not part of the officiating crew) to move the chains back a yard on the failed 4th down.  Fortunately they didn't move the little dial thingy that is actually used for the measurement and it came up well short.  Pretty sure the BH punt returner touched that first punt of the second half as well (what the heck was he trying to do there anyway??). 

Not sure why BH had NO SAFETY on the qb sneak though...3rd and inches at your 38...just not sure what the strategy was there...with that wind Carranco is already in range albeit less likely he'll make it from 55 than 40...the bad thing was he got the first down when he dove on top of the pile but heck there's absolutely no one over here to my left so I'll just run over here and goodnight Irene.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1311733" timestamp="1351315906"]
Great defense game by both teams ! BHFan, Smoken Baby with all your 10,000 smack-posts  there is still plenty of crow left over for you to eat .... so get busy !  SBaby how do you like Dayon's "D" now ? All your down hill running several time 's on the goal line got you 6 points "what up" ? Dayton coach's need to mix up the offensive play calling more when we play good team s I think they go into to prevent mode instead of geitting creative. Chambers had a rough game cause BH blitzed almost ever down and we didn't keep them honest by running up the middle then follow by airing it out.  I can't say enough about our defense holding a great grinding it out offense with a huge running back to 6 points .Ugly win but a win is a win is a win. Great game BH you have a soild team and I believe you will make some noise in the play-offs.
[/quote]I agree jayhawk. Dayton has to many weapons and they don't use half of them. My lil pony carried us for two years and he barely touches the ball now, i don't understand. Anyway great game by both teams.

[quote name="rollinac" post="1311741" timestamp="1351316198"]
Man what a game....BH will be winning a first round game this year I do believe.  Wind affected the offense some and the playcalling/offensive gameplan left a little something to be desired (do we not a crossing route in the playbook against a 4 deep zone...or a flood play even?) but overall the problem with the Dayton O was the BH Defense.  Fundamentally sound, great leverage and gap control, and GREAT TACKLING!  Someone wrote about a bunch of big hits....that's not what I saw.  1 big hit on the Dayton sideline that caused a fumble and one in the middle of the field but both of those big hits were not by the initial tackler but by the pursuit.  BH's tackling and gap control was beautiful to watch even from the opposing stands...hopefully Denny's not hurt too and can play next week.  BH's O...I just don't think you can run that type of offense and go deep in the playoffs in 4A.  JMO

Really clean, well played game from my perspective though.  Well officiated for the most part as well.  Chaingate there at the end was rather funny....the chorus of boos from the Dayton side was from the not so suttle attempt by the chain crew (who I'm pretty sure is supplied by the home team and is not part of the officiating crew) to move the chains back a yard on the failed 4th down.  Fortunately they didn't move the little dial thingy that is actually used for the measurement and it came up well short.  Pretty sure the BH punt returner touched that first punt of the second half as well (what the heck was he trying to do there anyway??). 

Not sure why BH had NO SAFETY on the qb sneak though...3rd and inches at your 38...just not sure what the strategy was there...with that wind Carranco is already in range albeit less likely he'll make it from 55 than 40...the bad thing was [b]he got the first down when he dove on top of the pile but heck there's absolutely no one over here to my left so I'll just run over here and goodnight Irene.[/b]
[/quote]That was funny.. I have that photo too...

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1311861" timestamp="1351343107"]
TOUCHDOWN!!!!  TOUCHDOWN!!!!  TOUCHDOWN!!!!

2012 Highlight of the season for the Broncos

http://youtu.be/ra3QfhTxo5g

Got to feel for the Eagle right defensive end.  Dove into the pile and Markain was gone.
[/quote] Mr. Toups you weren't the only one screaming....LOL

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1311472" timestamp="1351308667"]
I thought one of the smartest calls in this game was when Dayton kicker kicked off and kicked 100 yards into the sky and ball actually started coming back to him andthey recovered the ball. Very smart move to kick it straight up and let the wind take it.

[/quote]
Yeah. I remember commenting that it seemed the ball was moving in slow motion!

Great game! Colder than a well diggers arse! Great defense on both sides (as every post has said). Hope Denny comes back strong, but I didn't see much difference in the backup to be honest. Crazy that the Dayton QB was quite possibly having his worst game of the year, then wins it with a broken play. Ironic.

First time I have seen Dayton run the option in a long time. Hope they stop. Still no 10 yard pass routes. 4 receivers go 20 to 40 yrds down field. Takes too dang long to develop. Can I get a check down please! A quick slant? It was pretty obvious in the first quarter BH was cutting off the edges. Great gameplan and prep by the Eagles coaches. Not sure why we kept trying to get around the corner(for 3 more quarters!)And why the short side of the field every time? Let me stop.

Good win Broncos. Congrats to BH on a well played game. Hey since we won by a TD (like BH did last year) does that mean we can talk about how bad we "smoked y'all" for the next 12 months? Just curious.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• 25-2A W25 Evadale VS F26 Somerville  Game 1: Thursday May 2 at 5pm at West Fork Game 2: Saturday May 4 at 1pm at West Fork Game 3: If needed follows   R25 Big Sandy VS T26 Iola  Game 1: Friday May 3 at 5pm at New Waverly HS Game 2: Follows Game 3: If needed, Saturday May 4 at 2:00pm at New Waverly HS   R26 Burton VS T25 Sabine Pass  Game 1: Friday May 3 at 4:30pm at Splendora Game 2: Follows Game 3: If needed, Saturday May 4 at 1:00pm at Splendora   W26 Mumford VS F25 West Hardin  Game 1: Thursday May 2 at 5:30pm at CE King Game 2: Follows Game 3: If needed, Friday May 3 at 6:30 at CE King  
    • If the voting public is so flaky that 3/4 will turn against her because of this news, why didn't they also turn on Obama when it was discovered that he actually ate dog? Maybe because the media didn't play up his transgressions? And if that is the case, how much power does the media have? They can sink a career for killing a dog, but dismiss and bury a story of eating a dog? How influential would the media be if someone other that Trump won the nomination. Let's say DeSantis was the Republican frontrunner...how easy would it be for the media to bury his candidacy...instead of him having that perceived cakewalk to president? I'm just thinking out loud.
    • 24-2A W24 West Sabine VS F23 Gary Game 1: Friday May 3 at 6pm at Gary Game 2: Saturday May 4 at 1pm at West Sabine Game 3: If needed follows   R24 Chireno VS T23 Joaquin Game 1: Friday May 3 at 6pm at Shelbyville Game 2: Saturday May 4 at 10am at Shelbyville Game 3: If needed follows   R23 Garrison  VS T24 Colemesneil  1 Game: Thursday May 2 at 6pm at Shelbyville   W23 Shelbyville VS F24 Broaddus  Game 1: Thursday May 2 at 5pm at Woden Game 2: Follows Game 3: If needed Saturday May 4 at 1pm  
    • 21-3A/22-3A W21 Diboll  Vs. F22 Anahuac  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Jasper, 4:00 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Jasper, 4:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Jasper, 1:00 (if necessary)    R21 Central Heights Vs. T22 Buna  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Jasper, 7:00 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Jasper, 7:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Jasper, 4:00 (if necessary)    R22 Kountze  Vs. T21 Huntington  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Kountze, 7:00 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Huntington, 7:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Jasper, 7:00 (if necessary)    W22 Orangefield Vs. F21 Woodville  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Lamar University, 4:30 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Cleveland, 7:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Cleveland, 2:00 (if necessary)   
    • BH vs Fulshear 5/2 @ 6:30. Humble High School. I guess this is a one gamer , but UIL site shows 3 games  🤷‍♂️ 
  • Topics