Dayton at Barbers Hill Game Thread/Dayton wins 13-6.

WOSgrad

Guest RecknBall36
[quote name="octfeb" post="1310969" timestamp="1351301012"]
Its freezing not just cold... and some them bh boys got potty mouths... mouthing at adults on the sideline and no penility?
[/quote]

Please, please, please tell me #36 from BH was NOT one of these boys with a potty mouth! I have some clorox ready if so! Great game from Dayton! Very impressed with BH defense!!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1311407" timestamp="1351307604"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105294.msg1311389#msg1311389 date=1351307374]
get used to this feeling BH, this is how you guys will feel again in 3 weeks after you're 1 & done.  ;) ;D
[/quote]

If Denny doesn't get well then your wish may come true.
[/quote]

Denny doesn't need to play til the first round of the playoffs in my opinion. All you guys need to do is beat new caney and you're good to go.

Great game to both teams tonight. I'm convinced both teams will be better for it, provided all those limping around get healthy. Fun game!

What a game!!!!  Hard hits both sides of the ball.  I am so lucky that I get to watch it again.  Congrats to BH.  Great game, but putting the ENTIRE defense in a five yard box on 3rd and short, that was a boneheaded coaches decision.  Chambers gets outside and for the first time in the ENTIRE game on offense a Bronco is in open field, result, the game winning TD.

[quote name="RecknBall36" post="1311479" timestamp="1351308785"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=105294.msg1310969#msg1310969 date=1351301012]
Its freezing not just cold... and some them bh boys got potty mouths... mouthing at adults on the sideline and no penility?
[/quote]

Please, please, please tell me #36 from BH was NOT one of these boys with a potty mouth! I have some clorox ready if so! Great game from Dayton! Very impressed with BH defense!!
[/quote]

I'm sure the Dayton kids were acting like angels on the field.....mean ole BH ::)

[/quote]

[/quote]
#20 or 22 I think .... that's the one i saw.... oh well. It was an emotional game. Pretty clean all things considered. I've seen a lot more chippy stuff before when these two meet. Good game from your son also.... did you say he's a sophomore?

Guest RecknBall36
[quote name="dayton" post="1311492" timestamp="1351308997"]
[quote author=RecknBall36 link=topic=105294.msg1311479#msg1311479 date=1351308785]
[/quote]

[/quote]
#20 or 22 I think .... that's the one i saw.... oh well. It was an emotional game. Pretty clean all things considered. I've seen a lot more chippy stuff before when these two meet. Good game from your son also.... did you say he's a sophomore?

[/quote]

I don't mind him talking noise to other players, but he better not disrespect any adult! Thanks, I think he had a soso game, but I am his toughest critic. He is a junior.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1311485" timestamp="1351308913"]
What a game!!!!  Hard hits both sides of the ball.  I am so lucky that I get to watch it again.  Congrats to BH.  Great game, but putting the ENTIRE defense in a five yard box on 3rd and short, that was a boneheaded coaches decision.  Chambers gets outside and for the first time in the ENTIRE game on offense a Bronco is in open field, result, the game winning TD.
[/quote]

It's not like it was a planned play P4E. Chambers went up the middle and got stuffed then bounced back and took it outside. It's called a broken play. The coaches made the correct call to stop the play now if the Dayton coaches would have called the play to the outside then I would say good call Coach,but it was a broken play that went to Dayton for aa TD.

[quote name="Eagle82" post="1311462" timestamp="1351308477"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=105294.msg1311430#msg1311430 date=1351307977]
WOW the box score is in you can link to it below. Talk about Defense BH held Dayton to 154 Total Yards and Dayton help BH to 163 total yards!!!! thats just crazy! This was close all the way down the stats

[url=http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=146731&TeamID=144&SearchType=Teams]http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=146731&TeamID=144&SearchType=Teams[/url]
[/quote]

Yep, that's about what I expected to see in the stats column after watching this game.  Really impressive BH against AP#6.  KO return killed us after pinning Dayton inside the 5 on KO and having to rekick.  The 4th and one spot on Daytons 21 in the 4th questionable, but that's football and no excuses here.  Dayton did what they they needed to do when they needed to do it.  That's football!!!!
[/quote]
you gotta take the good with the bad. Like I said before. Sounds like a great Friday night football game. Anyway both teams are and should be in the playoffs.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1311498" timestamp="1351309181"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=105294.msg1311485#msg1311485 date=1351308913]
[/quote]

It's not like it was a planned play P4E. Chambers went up the middle and got stuffed then bounced back and took it outside. It's called a broken play. The coaches made the correct call to stop the play now if the Dayton coaches would have called the play to the outside then I would say good call Coach,but it was a broken play that went to Dayton for aa TD.
[/quote]
I disagree. The clock was your friend. With only 1:25 left (I think around that), who cares if they get a first. I've never seen a D line up like that at almost midfield. There was one corner on WR and the rest were inside the tackles. When your playing a team like Dayton with speed, I'm giving you the middle and holding the outside on that play. The QB did run to the line, but then bounced outside and there was nobody with 15 yards of him. I think it was a bad defensive call, but heck I'm only a fan.

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1311502" timestamp="1351309235"]
[quote author=Eagle82 link=topic=105294.msg1311462#msg1311462 date=1351308477]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=105294.msg1311430#msg1311430 date=1351307977]
WOW the box score is in you can link to it below. Talk about Defense BH held Dayton to 154 Total Yards and Dayton help BH to 163 total yards!!!! thats just crazy! This was close all the way down the stats

[url=http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=146731&TeamID=144&SearchType=Teams]http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=146731&TeamID=144&SearchType=Teams[/url]
[/quote]

Yep, that's about what I expected to see in the stats column after watching this game.  Really impressive BH against AP#6.  KO return killed us after pinning Dayton inside the 5 on KO and having to rekick.  The 4th and one spot on Daytons 21 in the 4th questionable, but that's football and no excuses here.  Dayton did what they they needed to do when they needed to do it.  That's football!!!!
[/quote]
you gotta take the good with the bad. Like I said before. Sounds like a great Friday night football game. Anyway both teams are and should be in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Yep, Can't blam the Refs in this one. They did a pretty good job officiating the game. Denny being out is what killed BH on offense and he is also our Punter, but Thames did a good job punting in back up tonight as well as nailing two field goals to keep us in the game till the end.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1311514" timestamp="1351309459"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=105294.msg1311498#msg1311498 date=1351309181]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=105294.msg1311485#msg1311485 date=1351308913]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I disagree. The clock was your friend. With only 1:25 left (I think around that), who cares if they get a first. I've never seen a D line up like that at almost midfield. There was one corner on WR and the rest were inside the tackles. When your playing a team like Dayton with speed, I'm giving you the middle and holding the outside on that play. The QB did run to the line, but then bounced outside and there was nobody with 15 yards of him. I think it was a bad defensive call, but heck I'm only a fan.
[/quote]

I agree Tradin....If it wasn't a designed play from the Dayton's staff, kudos to Chambers for a heady, heady play!

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1311514" timestamp="1351309459"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

My thought on the play was to try and stop Dayton from getting a first down, becase they have the best field goal kicker in the state with the wind to his back. You give up a 1st down then the play book opens up and they have 3 more opprotunitys to get the ball in FG position for Caranco (sp). Chambers went up the middle and got pushed back the broke the play if (if if if if) an arm would have got around him then its 4th down. Don't think giving up the 1st down was the answer, but it bit us in the butt. also Dayton had 3 time outs left. This was not a designed play.

Internet finally back-up.  Great win Dayton, congrats ona  hard fought very ugly game.  Ugly on both sides.  Yep, losing Denny in the 1st quarter was the deal breaker, defense held us in it all game, but one bad defensive play and that's the story. 

Dayton, if you want to advance past round 1 you really need to move chambers out of the QB spot.  Your MUCH better with the two smaller kids in the backfield.  Move Chambers to wide-out and let me make plays over the smaller corners.  He's not a QB and I don't mean that to be disrespectful, he's just not ready. 

BH, way to hand tough.  Let's get healthy and go whip some triangle boys.......  Good luck Dayton and SC we will see you soon.

[/quote]

[/quote]Im not sure bout 36 really don't wanna rat them out... one in particular though.. 

[quote name="Eagle82" post="1311525" timestamp="1351309718"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=105294.msg1311514#msg1311514 date=1351309459]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I agree Tradin....If it wasn't a designed play from the Dayton's staff, kudos to Chambers for a heady, heady play!
[/quote]

That was a failed 4th down attempt.  Chambers tried to dive and was knocked back on his feet, then made a  heads-up run around the left.  Yes, BH flopped on that defensive call.

[quote name="dayton" post="1311532" timestamp="1351309794"]
[size=14pt][b]Classy responses to this game from BH......... although.....

[size=24pt]BHJustwin[/size]... needs to come get a little crow. We rushed for over 100 yds and won the game. He was supremely confident.... [size=24pt]Where you at?[/size][/size]
[/quote]

a 105 yards to be exact ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1311526" timestamp="1351309724"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=105294.msg1311514#msg1311514 date=1351309459]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

My thought on the play was to try and stop Dayton from getting a first down, becase they have the best field goal kicker in the state with the wind to his back. You give up a 1st down then the play book opens up and they have 3 more opprotunitys to get the ball in FG position for Caranco (sp). Chambers went up the middle and got pushed back the broke the play if (if if if if) an arm would have got around him then its 4th down. Don't think giving up the 1st down was the answer, but it bit us in the butt.
[/quote]
My thinking was if you give up a one yard run. The stop clocks with just over a minute and they have the ball on BH44 or 43. The clock starts after chains move and you keep them from getting the 30 or 35 yd line. You turn around and hope for a missed or block PAT or even OT. Just my thought though and my best impression of Monday morning quarterbacking. ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1311541" timestamp="1351309897"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=105294.msg1311532#msg1311532 date=1351309794]

[size=24pt]BHJustwin[/size]... needs to come get a little crow. We rushed for over 100 yds and won the game. He was supremely confident.... [size=24pt]Where you at?[/size][/size]
[/quote]

[/quote]
that's over 100 right?

[quote name="dayton" post="1311532" timestamp="1351309794"]

[/quote]
I ate mine already, but I'll take another bite. ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1311489" timestamp="1351308945"]
[quote author=RecknBall36 link=topic=105294.msg1311479#msg1311479 date=1351308785]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm sure the Dayton kids were acting like angels on the field.....mean ole BH ::)
[/quote] I am sure they were smacking to each other.. But when you have a player smacking and cussing to an adult on the sideline.. then yeah should have been a penalty.

[quote name="dayton" post="1311544" timestamp="1351309950"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=105294.msg1311541#msg1311541 date=1351309897]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=105294.msg1311532#msg1311532 date=1351309794]

[/quote]

[/quote]
that's over 100 right?
[/quote]

All day long ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012

• Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
    • 5A Bi-District Baseball: Friendswood vs. Nederland -Game 1: Thursday (May 2): 6:30pm -Game 2: Friday (May 3): 6:30pm -Game 3 (If Needed): Saturday (May 4): 12pm *All games at Goose Creek Memorial HS*
    • Baseball mafia can cry all they want but when the talent isn’t there it ain’t there lol
    • It's only a matter of time before the baseball mafia starts greasing the tracks to run Crumedy out of town. It'll be a dang shame too, but mark my words. 
    • Conditioning should be done by the coach that they are IN SEASON with. This is a simple concept that's missed by so many. Way too many kids are overworked these days. I don't really care what was done 20, 30 or 40 years ago. We know more now and should do better. And maybe kids were more durable in the past, but they also had a great foundation of manual labor, etc. And lifting... done right, should be done all year round. Dayton's S&C coordinator is top notch when it comes to putting this together.
  • Topics