Dayton at Barbers Hill Game Thread/Dayton wins 13-6.

WOSgrad

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Defensive battle by both teams tonight. Congrats to the Bronco's on finding a way to score and win the game. I thought it was going to come down to a Carranco FG attempt,but BAM busted play and Dayton scores. BH's starting QB left with 5 minutes left in the first quarter to what looks like an ankle issue. They tapped Denny up ,but he still couldn't walk on it :( Hope Denny recovers soon and wish he could of lead the Eagles tonight. Our Back up QB Gigout played with great poise tonight he had a couple of mis ques, but comming into a huge game like this and performing like he did was great IMO. O'neal really played smach mouth tonight and Dolan was just an animal. This is the adjustments that BH had made on D from the Crosby game that Dayton was making fun of during our smack a-thon this week ;D Great game Eagles get heathly and take it to SC next week.

My take on game. Neither Offense could sustain a drive to score on the others D. Alot of fumbles by both sides. Dayton took advantage of BH mistakes and BH didn't get a break on several Dayton fumbles. Impressed with both defenses. We contained Dayton speed really well. Good all around game. Tough when you lose your QB in first quarter and he is half of the offense. Both sides brought some vicious hits. Dayton QB was running around alot with BH D on him. Two big plays are the difference. I'll take my crow with cajun hot sauce. Congrats Broncos. ;D

[quote name="friogal" post="1311343" timestamp="1351306567"]
Only game I've been to this year and it was a good one. All defense. Was freezing cold!
octfeb...I sat on the BH side, but I wore purple! Next door neighbor kid plays for BH, but I still love the broncos!  :D
[/quote] i was on the sidelines anyway... and it was a awesome game... and yes it was freezing.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1311344" timestamp="1351306600"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=105294.msg1311332#msg1311332 date=1351306466]
Can you say Gridlock!
[/quote] yeah thats it...
[/quote]

Don't know what yall are talking about I've been sitting in my WARM house for 10 minutes ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1311360" timestamp="1351306827"]
I'll take some Crow, but the Eagles played well enough that i don't think much will be served ;D But if you insist I can take it 8)
[/quote]
I agree,,,sounds like a great ball game from start to finish.. congrats to both teams for a great ball game. Goes to show how strong 19-4A is this yeay in my opinion.

I really dont think anyone should be eating any crow... defense on both teams was AMAZING. Dayton just happen to come out on top. Could have come down to a dayton fg win. Or could have went into OT. and BH could won. It was a hard fought game.

I'm just worried about QB situation. We have Denny in a boot and backup took a huge hit towards the end of the game he walking sideways. Hope both get healthy. Next week, another big game. Need to fill the tank up. I was curious why Dayton didn't throw the ball more with the wind to thier back. Any Dayton fans want to take a stab at it? Also, why the two QB system. I thought the second guy, not Chambers looked better running.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1311389" timestamp="1351307374"]
get used to this feeling BH, this is how you guys will feel again in 3 weeks after you're 1 & done.  ;) ;D
[/quote]

If Denny doesn't get well then your wish may come true.

Was an incredibly good ballgame; especially the D's.  BH's D did an awesome game containing the speed attack of Dayton.  Losing Denny certainly didn't help the Eagles and certainly didn't hurt the Broncos.  But like another poster said; Gigout did a great job coming in and filling in in such an important game.  Chambers for Dayton has a gun; but BH's D kept him in a panic in the backfield.  I did like watching him move, smooth as "butta".  McBride fortunately, was not an issue at all.  All in all, really good game and #6 did what they had to do when they had to do it!  Let's Go BH, regroup and take it to SC!!

WOW the box score is in you can link to it below. Talk about Defense BH held Dayton to 154 Total Yards and Dayton help BH to 163 total yards!!!! thats just crazy! This was close all the way down the stats

[url=http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=146731&TeamID=144&SearchType=Teams]http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=146731&TeamID=144&SearchType=Teams[/url]

[quote name="Eagle82" post="1311411" timestamp="1351307654"]
Was an incredibly good ballgame; especially the D's.  BH's D did an awesome game containing the speed attack of Dayton.  Losing Denny certainly didn't help the Eagles and certainly didn't hurt the Broncos.  But like another poster said; Gigout did a great job coming in and filling in in such an important game.  Chambers for Dayton has a gun; but BH's D kept him in a panic in the backfield.  I did like watching him move, smooth as "butta".  McBride fortunately, was not an issue at all.  All in all, really good game and #6 did what they had to do when they had to do it!  Let's Go BH, regroup and take it to SC!!
[/quote]
SC looks pumped and ready. Seen some starters that were not dressed out tonigt but hopefully they will be ready fot next week.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1311430" timestamp="1351307977"]
WOW the box score is in you can link to it below. Talk about Defense BH held Dayton to 154 Total Yards and Dayton help BH to 163 total yards!!!! thats just crazy! This was close all the way down the stats

[url=http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=146731&TeamID=144&SearchType=Teams]http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=146731&TeamID=144&SearchType=Teams[/url]
[/quote]

Yep, that's about what I expected to see in the stats column after watching this game.  Really impressive BH against AP#6.  KO return killed us after pinning Dayton inside the 5 on KO and having to rekick.  The 4th and one spot on Daytons 21 in the 4th questionable, but that's football and no excuses here.  Dayton did what they they needed to do when they needed to do it.  That's football!!!!

I thought one of the smartest calls in this game was when Dayton kicker kicked off and kicked 100 yards into the sky and ball actually started coming back to him andthey recovered the ball. Very smart move to kick it straight up and let the wind take it.

The other play that will stick with me was theBH coverage team tackles Dayton at the 4 yd line only to be denied by an offsides penalty. Next play, 95 yd KO return for TD for Dayton. Wild and crazy game.

Weather had something to do with the great defense. Its been colder, but the kids have been practicing in 85 degree weather all week, to walk out on the field in this weather would have been pretty different. QBs and recievers just not used to throwing and catching in the cold, and add in the wind, perfect set up for a defensive struggle.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123