PORT NECHES-GROVES AT VIDOR BROADCAST/Vidor wins 49-13!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1311642" timestamp="1351312341"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=105267.msg1311628#msg1311628 date=1351311783]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=105267.msg1311610#msg1311610 date=1351311273]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=105267.msg1311367#msg1311367 date=1351306919]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=105267.msg1311185#msg1311185 date=1351304690]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=105267.msg1311167#msg1311167 date=1351304493]
Looks like PNG fans only wanted to see our halftime, they're clearing out.....
[/quote]
I took a pic for the next time someone says this doesn't happen
[/quote]

Lmao I did too  ;)
[/quote]it was cold and not much of a game. Don't blame anyone for cashing it in early.the wife was in the car after half.me and the boys stuck it out. [b]You have to admit proud there are a few of the Indian faithful that like to brag about that fan support. ;).[/b]

Did you take a pic of Vidor's side too?  They were down to about 1,000 mid-way through the 3rd.  Guess they just came for the 1/2 time show too.
[/quote]
[/quote]

No doubt about it.  [b]But EVERY team has some obnoxious folks that say stupid things[/b].  People like to brag because of all the records,  and the fact that we travel well,  but the reality is,  no one wants to sit in lousy weather and watch their beloved team get taken to the woodshed.
As much as I love PNG football,  this entire year has been difficult to watch, and I don't fault folks for not coming,  or leaving early.  But let's face it,  people love to find anything they can to dog PNG for,  and that's only because we have a history of coming out on top most of the time.  That's fine.  But every team has the same issues.  That's what I was pointing out.
[/quote]Agreed...

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1311670" timestamp="1351313007"]
PNG offensive linemen are huge!.. but [b]Rose appears to be the only offensive threat[/b].  Should be able to run behind that line.
[/quote]

It looks that way because the QB only acts like he's the only receiver on the field.  Not too hard to defend us when everyone in the stadium knows where the pass is going.  >:(

My hat goes off to the fans that stayed for both teams. Not dogging the ones who didn't stay because it sure was cold, especially with that north wind blasting in. I was a little upset with everyone leaving only because they were my wind block! Great game by PNG,fought hard until the end. Every team goes through their rebuilding stages but it makes it easier with a good fan base like y'alls. Looking forward to see them in the next couple of years. 

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1311690" timestamp="1351313532"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=105267.msg1311670#msg1311670 date=1351313007]
PNG offensive linemen are huge!.. but [b]Rose appears to be the only offensive threat[/b].  Should be able to run behind that line.
[/quote]

It looks that way because the QB only acts like he's the only receiver on the field.  Not too hard to defend us when everyone in the stadium knows where the pass is going.  >:(
[/quote]I didn't think PNGs line play was bad at all. It just looked like they didn't have a lot of speed right now at the skill positions and there defense cant get off the field. Those two things make for a bad combination IMO.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1311698" timestamp="1351313808"]
Yeah, he was definitely the QB's favorite target.  [b]Still think y'all should be able to get some run game going with the size up front.[/b]
[/quote]

You're exactly right,  but Vidor's overall intensity was 100 times better than ours.  They were shooting through our big line like they weren't even there.  Kudos to the coaching staff,  because they have truly done an awesome job preparing.

1  2    3    4  Total
PNG        0  0    7    6    13
Vidor      21  14  14  0    49

Scoring summary
VID -- Justin Moore 2-yard run (Michael Tamayo kick), 11:20, 1st.
VID -- Montana Quirante 3-yard run (Michael Tamayo kick), 6:40, 1st.
VID -- Montana Quirante 29-yard run (Michael Tamayo kick), 0:28, 1st.
VID -- Sage Smith 5-yard run (Michael Tamayo kick), 4:22, 2nd.
VID -- Justin Moore 61-yard run (Michael Tamayo kick), 0:51, 2nd.
VID -- Montana Quirante 49-yard run (Michael Tamayo kick), 8:45, 3rd.
PNG -- Tim Clopton 2-yard run (Marlon Rodriguez kick), 3:15, 3rd.
VID -- Thomas Novak 46-yard run (Michael Tamayo kick), 1:58, 3rd.
PNG -- Spencer Wommack 9-yard run (kick failed), 3:56, 4th.

Team Stats
                        PNG        Vidor
Total yards          246        579
First downs          13          23
Rushes/Yds        30/89    54/579
Average rush      2.97      10.72
Comp/Atts        17/27/2    0/1/0
Pass yards          157          0
Comp pct          62.96        0
Punts                  3            2
Punting Yards    146          55
Punting Average  48.67      27.5
Fumbles/Lost      1/1        0/0
Penalties-yards  2-20      10-60

AJ Smith 17 of 27 157 yards
Montana Quirante 11 rushes for 170 yards
Justin Moore 12 rushes for 200 yards!

Just got home from Vidor...had to stop for food..way to cold to eat in the stands. I suffered thru till the end...Yes our stands cleared out after halftime...so did Vidors...got a pic...cause i knew yall were taking pics of ours...lol. I dont blame either side for leaving, especially if you  had small kids. I didnt expect us to win...but at least it wasnt a shut out. I was beginning to wander if the only receiver on the field was Rose...Smith went to him everytime. I saw Walker on the sidelines...it looked like the cast was off but I never saw him go in. Halftime was great...Hats off to the Pirate Band...you scared the mess out of my daughter, who is terrified of fireworks..lol. I just want to know...How in the heck did you lose to Nederland? I was watching the recap on the news..the camera couldnt even keep up with who had the ball...Montana is Houdini...its not fun to watch Football if you never see a FOOTBALL. BTW...we like our Chief...We have had 3 good seasons with him...Everyone had a down year every now and then. I was bored today and went back in the thread to the 09 season when we owned this district..their was a Pirate poster complaining about Matthews...saying he didnt know what to do with the talent on the team...and look at yall now. Proud to be a PN-G Indian! Good Luck Pirates in the playoffs!   

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1311687" timestamp="1351313478"]
BTW, I heard Bryce Cooper #3, is done this season, ACL, anybody know if this is true?  If so, a big blow on defense, offense and special teams.
[/quote]

Not true. Sprained knee; could play against Liv if we need him. I thought Alex Boutte did a brilliant job in his place.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1311729" timestamp="1351315703"]
Good post. As you know, high school football can be cyclical with good years and bad, it's just a down year for y'all right now.  Hope I'm wrong, but with the talent we're losing to graduation, we could be looking at one next year.
[/quote]

Tim we will be ok on talent for the next 3 seasons as far as I can tell.... We lose a lot of good kids this year to graduation but I think we will fill their shoes very nicely next year.... Granted Q will be a tough set of cleats to fill ... This year when he went to the BYU summer camp they worked him at safety and at TB ....

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1311756" timestamp="1351317219"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=105267.msg1311729#msg1311729 date=1351315703]
Good post. As you know, high school football can be cyclical with good years and bad, it's just a down year for y'all right now.  Hope I'm wrong, but with the talent we're losing to graduation, we could be looking at one next year.
[/quote]

Tim we will be ok on talent for the next 3 seasons as far as I can tell.... We lose a lot of good kids this year to graduation but I think we will fill their shoes very nicely next year.... Granted Q will be a tough set of cleats to fill ... This year when he went to the BYU summer camp they worked him at safety and at TB ....
[/quote]
Coach, hope you're right, I know the subvarsity teams are winning, but we will be young next year.  And yes,  Q is a special player who will leave a legacy at VHS.
(BTW, it's good to see that I'm not the only one who takes a while to unwind after a game!)

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1311764" timestamp="1351317666"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=105267.msg1311756#msg1311756 date=1351317219]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=105267.msg1311729#msg1311729 date=1351315703]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Coach, hope you're right, I know the subvarsity teams are winning, but we will be young next year.  And yes,  Q is a special player who will leave a legacy at VHS
[b](BTW, it's good to see that I'm not the only one who takes a while to unwind after a game!)
[/quote][/b]

hahaha yeah it takes me a couple hours to unwind after a game...

Like both Burnett and Faircloth. Only problem I have ever had is that the new BF staff has been very cocky since they got here. Old school guy and would like respect shown to former coaches and current opposing coaches. Heard their staff say they were ten years ahead of any coach in this area when they got here. I guess time has caught up with them. Good luck both teams.  Every school goes through their ups and downs. RESPECT the game and everything will be fine.

[quote name="tupac7" post="1311782" timestamp="1351318558"]
Like both Burnett and Faircloth. Only problem I have ever had is that the new BF staff has been very cocky since they got here. Old school guy and would like respect shown to former coaches and current opposing coaches. Heard their staff say they were ten years ahead of any coach in this area when they got here. I guess time has caught up with them. Good luck both teams.  Every school goes through their ups and downs. RESPECT the game and everything will be fine.
[/quote]

Defense is not in the future (ten years ahead)?

Burnett was our weight coach in Nederland(88) and he was very good at it..I have said this before not knocking BF but one thing Burnett left him was a big strong fast team that knew how to tackle...The only problem Burnett had was not letting somebody else call the offence.JMO..Everybody has a down year..Nederland and P.N.G usually just reload not rebuild ...Kinda of a weird year for the injuns...

[quote name="NDNation" post="1311721" timestamp="1351315075"]
Just got home from Vidor...had to stop for food..way to cold to eat in the stands. I suffered thru till the end...Yes our stands cleared out after halftime...so did Vidors...got a pic...cause i knew yall were taking pics of ours...lol. I dont blame either side for leaving, especially if you  had small kids. I didnt expect us to win...but at least it wasnt a shut out. I was beginning to wander if the only receiver on the field was Rose...Smith went to him everytime. I saw Walker on the sidelines...it looked like the cast was off but I never saw him go in. Halftime was great...Hats off to the Pirate Band...you scared the mess out of my daughter, who is terrified of fireworks..lol. I just want to know...How in the heck did you lose to Nederland? I was watching the recap on the news..the camera couldnt even keep up with who had the ball...Montana is Houdini...its not fun to watch Football if you never see a FOOTBALL. BTW...we like our Chief...We have had 3 good seasons with him...Everyone had a down year every now and then. I was bored today and went back in the thread to the 09 season when we owned this district..their was a Pirate poster complaining about Matthews...saying he didnt know what to do with the talent on the team...and look at yall now. Proud to be a PN-G Indian! Good Luck Pirates in the playoffs! 
[/quote]

One of my kids isn't too fond of fireworks so we spent half of the 2nd qtr telling her we are not leaving the stadium at halftime to sit in the truck and watch them. LOL 2 mins into it she was fine. The wind was brutal last night and it was to our backs so I know it was very brutal coming at y'all's face. I don't blame anybody for leaving, I actually to my pic because a friend of mine from PNG asked me to send her a pic. When I saw PNG's players walk out I thought good god some of these boys are huge! Every team has some rebuilding years, we've all been there. Hoping you guys have a much better season next year, down times suck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder