UIL Approves 6A Division

Guest UHCoog14

I do not like it at all.  They have already watered it down to the point that a district championship means nothing at all anymore.  As a matter of fact, we really do not know who the best teams are in each classification.  When is enough.....ENOUGH??  Why just not let every team in the playoffs?

[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="1307546" timestamp="1350956260"]
According to the article 6 man will be 1A...1A is 2A...2A is 3A etc...so no more DI. DII. essentially back to the old playoff system?
[/quote]
I see, I was just reading the thread--should have read the article before asking a question. Thanks.

[quote name="belle-mere" post="1307693" timestamp="1350966650"]
[quote author=u_dnt_kno_me link=topic=105056.msg1307546#msg1307546 date=1350956260]
According to the article 6 man will be 1A...1A is 2A...2A is 3A etc...so no more DI. DII. essentially back to the old playoff system?
[/quote]
I see, I was just reading the thread--should have read the article before asking a question. Thanks.
[/quote] No problem but there still may be DI and DII I'm not really understanding that part?

Another point in all of this malarkey ...

When they split DI and DII pre-season for 1A and 2A, we now have completely different districts for football than all other sports / academic districts.  So if you have a son playing Football and a daughter playing Volleyball, it is not possible to see both games!  Whereas before, the VB schedule followed the FB schedule for the most part.  So VB games would be in the gym at say 5:00 or 6:00 in the same place as the FB game would be played later in the evening.  Now, you don't even play the same schools so the VB game could be 2 hours away in one direction while the FB game is 2 hours away in an opposite direction.

Also, it is not the same as the DI / DII split for 3A - 5A as you are divided at the state level, not just for your district.  For example, East Chambers had been to playoffs 16 consecutive years before the pre-season DI / DII split in 2A.  Only 1 year out of those 16 did they go DI, the other 15 years they went DII.  However, they are now in 2A DI permanently.

I agree with everyone that has said it is all about the money.  I would like to see numbers on how many total teams made the playoffs back before they started monkeying around with this versus how many total teams make the playoffs now.  Overall for the entire state, all classifications.  My guess is that it has more than doubled and UIL is still not happy.

SMH. UIL should remember "pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered" and not be so greedy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder