**OFFICIAL** Mid-County Madness Thread!!!

GoDogs27

Who wins?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Nederland
    • PN-G

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1299164" timestamp="1350110369"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104613.msg1299163#msg1299163 date=1350110275]
change my vote! I accidently hit PNG, sorry Indians but your not beating NED.  :'(

I vote NED.  8) ;)
[/quote]

Too late.  No take Backs!
[/quote] Dang it.  >:( :D

Too heck with it, cause a total mess in 20-4A, Indians win and Ozen beats NED.  :o ;)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1299012" timestamp="1350102490"]
I doubt this game will be a blowout. It will probably be like most of the other ones. Nederland's problem right now offensively is not their personnel. Its the play-calling. It's been atrocious the last couple of games. Maybe Neumann and Barrow don't want to show their hand this early knowing they are basically a play-off lock and they are ok with just winning games without scoring 50+ points. I dont know, but run right, run middle and run left get a little old. Especially when LC-M has 8 guys in the box. We do not stretch the field enough early on to open up the run game. This almost bit Nederland tonight. They let a lesser talented team stick around and stick around until the 4th. Even then, it was the defense that put it away. If Barrow opens up the playbook a little and stretches the field early, it may be a long night for the injuns. If not, look for a slugfest until Nederland puts it away, again in the 4th.

Nederland - 31
PNG - 24
[/quote]

Ladies and Gentlemen, now playing the role of armchair coach and negative-Nederland-naysayer, it's GoDogs27!

He replaces Smitty after a solid 3-4 year run of regularly calling for the defensive coordinator's job. Please give a round of applause for GD27 and wish him well in his new role. 

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1299195" timestamp="1350114122"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=104613.msg1299012#msg1299012 date=1350102490]
I doubt this game will be a blowout. It will probably be like most of the other ones. Nederland's problem right now offensively is not their personnel. Its the play-calling. It's been atrocious the last couple of games. Maybe Neumann and Barrow don't want to show their hand this early knowing they are basically a play-off lock and they are ok with just winning games without scoring 50+ points. I dont know, but run right, run middle and run left get a little old. Especially when LC-M has 8 guys in the box. We do not stretch the field enough early on to open up the run game. This almost bit Nederland tonight. They let a lesser talented team stick around and stick around until the 4th. Even then, it was the defense that put it away. If Barrow opens up the playbook a little and stretches the field early, it may be a long night for the injuns. If not, look for a slugfest until Nederland puts it away, again in the 4th.

Nederland - 31
PNG - 24
[/quote]

Ladies and Gentlemen, now playing the role of armchair coach and negative-Nederland-naysayer, it's GoDogs27!

He replaces Smitty after a solid 3-4 year run of regularly calling for the defensive coordinator's job. Please give a round of applause for GD27 and wish him well in his new role.
[/quote] He's kinda right, and it almost cost yall the Livingston game. Good thing LV couldnt stop that inside trap play or it was going to continue to be a long night last week IMO (i was there, i seen it) If NED doesnt open up the playbook in this one id be shocked.

NED by 30+.  8)

[quote name="tupac7" post="1299175" timestamp="1350111204"]
nederland wins this by as much as they want...hate to say it, but faircloth has lost this team. I believe he is building for the future and keeping those freshman kids together is a good start.

Nederland- 56
Png- 8
[/quote]

I think PNG made this game alot more interesting after last night.  They showed that they wouldn't lay down when Central was winning and played them blow for blow.  The game won't be a blowout.

As a PNG fan, I think Ned should win. They have a very good team. After watching our offense last night, we may be a little better off than I thought. No telling which offense will show up. I will pull for PNG, But I don't know if we got the hosses this year. I will say this for Central, they are fast and that QB they have is very good. If they would have dropped a few more passes we had a great chance to win. Man I hate we missed that win. See yall next Friday at the reservation.............

Do not count out the indians... As a nederland graduate and having my kids in PNG schools this is always a tough game.... But, the indians are gonna be motivated as always for this one... And with all the talks of blow outs I am sure Big ned kids are feeling good.  Go ahead, let your guard down... You will be crying next week when png hangs 30 on nederlands beloved D... I PNG by a touch down.  35-28

Wow.  So DME, you been gone a little long maybe.  So Nederland doesn't get up for this game?  Wow is all I have to say.  We're fans on here talking bullsmack.  Those boys are gonna strap it on and go to work, that's the only way Neumann allows it to happen.  Dogs are coming, and we're bringing our BELOVED D with us, we'll see if you wished we woulda left em at home when it's done. You may want to take a page from PNG Proud's book and keep the bulletin board material to a minimum.

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1299195" timestamp="1350114122"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=104613.msg1299012#msg1299012 date=1350102490]

Nederland - 31
PNG - 24
[/quote]

[/quote]
Whatever dude. I am not calling for any coach's head. I am pointing out something I see as a  potential problem. It doesnt matter what I think, but this is a forum where we can come and give our view points (within the rules). So that's what I did. I'm not a lone ranger here. Many see this problem with play-calling the past few weeks. We've escaped getting bit by it two weeks in a row. I just dont think we should put ourselves in that position.. 

[quote name="DogsDLine" post="1299535" timestamp="1350148746"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104613.msg1299414#msg1299414 date=1350144199]
Nederland d has atleast 2 pic 6's and shows that they deserve that state ranking.

Ned by 4 TD's.
[/quote]
They have 4 pick 6's.
[/quote]
I meant they will have 2 pic 6's in this game.

Ned will win this game but by how much is the queston ? if they show they are the #8th ranked team they are ned by 3 touchdowns, if they show up slow and  no worries they could be beat. i remember when we were 9 and 0 going to png to play dustin long and we was going 10 and 0  png came to play and we didnt, samething can happen in this game.

Big Ned has an excellent team this year and is my pick to win district. With that in mind, the Dogs should win this game easily. Buuuttt, on Friday night, especially at Mid-County Madness, anything can happen... The Indians performed a lot better this week than they have in the past. I'm hoping they can step it ups some more. I'll take the dark horse in this race and go with my Indians in a close one. By the way, nobody in purple is calling for coaching changes. Y'all are dreamin' worse than I am! Scalp 'em!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa