Week 6 Pee Wee Scores

[quote name="americasteam88" post="1294678" timestamp="1349711344"]
Bmt Pride, I'm glad your back thought you were done

Lets see let me have some integrity, sorry for the all caps.

Let me try this again.

Again there is no excuse, or reasoning, or we tried, or anything for a score of 75-0 in a Pee Wee game in the STJFL.
[/quote]

Much better. Now i don't feel verbally attacked.  ;)

Done trying to explain, not done goofing off  Your are entitled to your opinion the same as i am. i just wanted everyone to know how it went down, since none of yall were there.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bmt Pride" post="1294687" timestamp="1349711837"]
[quote author=americasteam88 link=topic=104263.msg1294678#msg1294678 date=1349711344]
Bmt Pride, I'm glad your back thought you were done

Lets see let me have some integrity, sorry for the all caps.

Let me try this again.

Again there is no excuse, or reasoning, or we tried, or anything for a score of 75-0 in a Pee Wee game in the STJFL.
[/quote]

Much better. Now i don't feel verbally attacked.  ;)

Done trying to explain, not done goofing off  Your are entitled to your opinion the same as i am. i just wanted everyone to know how it went down, [b]since none of yall were there.[/b]
[/quote]

A lot of Monday Morning quarterbacks...........

So i will try to get back on subject here. Anyone have the rest of the scores? As it might be two weeks before STJFL gets them up.  ;D

Bmt B vs Png G 75-0
Bmt G vs Png W 0-14
Ned B vs Of W 39-0
Ned W vs Bc R
LC vs Of O 20-0
Vid vs Lum R
Ktz vs Wos W
Lum W vs Wos B 28-6
Bc W vs Ned G 25-26

[quote author=Bmt Pride link=topic=104263.msg1294222#msg1294222 date=1349652336]
Last time i chime in on this

Once again none of yall pot stirring people were at the game so u dont know crap!

Png passed 75% of the time.

Bmt passed close to 50% in the firt half.

That made for a very long first half.  1st quarter bmt was up by close to 40. Then bmt started takin it easy but was still scoring with kids who have never ran the ball.

Then they decided to run he clock the second half.

U are retarded if u think its ok to tell bmt players not to score. Kids that may not have ever had a chance otherwise. It was a great experience for them. Yall want bmt to tell their kids not to try? Not to work hard? Thats whats so stupid. Not the score, but what yall haters expect.

Bottom line. Bmt didnt break any rules. Bmt didnt act unsportmanslike. Bmt is great with there kids, super stars and not.

If Png had a problem with it they should have called the game. But they didnt and their coach has already commented.

That tells me that all yall commenting just dont like Bmt B and are tryin to stir the pot. So instead of whinning and crying u should be working with ur kids so Bmt B dosnt put up 75 on yall!

Im done.
[/quotePN g Ned w Jr. Game Saturday 1st Quarter was 21 -6! They Knew they had the game after the first 2 series. They Backed off and it was obvious.. The White Ned. team is a weaker team this yr and PN g team probably had 5 kids that if they wanted the score 40 to nothing I first quarter it would have been. So what you are saying is it was out of there control they could not stop a 1st half score of 62-0 but could second half keep their boys to only 2 scores. CONFUSING! Im pretty sure that there was hardly any returners on this grey team from last yr. Most of those kids are now in Jr. You know the team yall lost to last yr. WHAT THESE PARENTS ARE TRYING TO SAY IS-
Cut the crap Bmt yall are great have great talent we all know it. Lot of us has played yalls STUDS! If 75 nothing is something that coaching staff cannot control? Im calling It BULL$%#&!!! Grow up know you are better work on another part of your game something... Geeeeez Ridiculous!

quotePN g Ned w Jr. Game Saturday 1st Quarter was 21 -6! They Knew they had the game after the first 2 series. They Backed off and it was obvious.. The White Ned. team is a weaker team this yr and PN g team probably had 5 kids that if they wanted the score 40 to nothing I first quarter it would have been. So what you are saying is it was out of there control they could not stop a 1st half score of 62-0 but could second half keep their boys to only 2 scores. CONFUSING! Im pretty sure that there was hardly any returners on this grey team from last yr. Most of those kids are now in Jr. You know the team yall lost to last yr. WHAT THESE PARENTS ARE TRYING TO SAY IS-
Cut the crap Bmt yall are great have great talent we all know it. Lot of us has played yalls STUDS! If 75 nothing is something that coaching staff cannot control? Im calling It BULL$%#&!!! Grow up know you are better work on another part of your game something... Geeeeez Ridiculous!

[quote name="dogfather" post="1294740" timestamp="1349715781"]
quotePN g Ned w Jr. Game Saturday 1st Quarter was 21 -6! They Knew they had the game after the first 2 series. They Backed off and it was obvious.. The White Ned. team is a weaker team this yr and PN g team probably had 5 kids that if they wanted the score 40 to nothing I first quarter it would have been. So what you are saying is it was out of there control they could not stop a 1st half score of 62-0 but could second half keep their boys to only 2 scores. CONFUSING! Im pretty sure that there was hardly any returners on this grey team from last yr. Most of those kids are now in Jr. You know the team yall lost to last yr. WHAT THESE PARENTS ARE TRYING TO SAY IS-
[/quote]

you are absoulutely right...we do not have any returners on this team infact we do not have any boys that played tackle football last year and yes we do have some 8 yr olds but they did not play football last year....we are a brand new team that is very young

[quote name="indianforever" post="1294744" timestamp="1349716113"]
[quote author=dogfather link=topic=104263.msg1294740#msg1294740 date=1349715781]
[/quote]

you are absoulutely right...we do not have any returners on this team infact we do not have any boys that played tackle football last year and yes we do have some 8 yr olds but they did not play football last year....we are a brand new team that is very young
[/quote]

did I get any mis informed information was it 62 0 at half?

[quote name="dogfather" post="1294752" timestamp="1349716648"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=104263.msg1294744#msg1294744 date=1349716113]
[quote author=dogfather link=topic=104263.msg1294740#msg1294740 date=1349715781]
[/quote]

[/quote]

did I get any mis informed information was it 62 0 at half?
[/quote]

it was either that or close to it...im not positive i quit looking at the scoreboard way before it got that bad

There is so much that I could comment on or give my opinion on but I think pretty much everything has been covered OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I will say, I am a parent who has a child on Beaumont Blue that is not a "Stud" and is just a regular player at best. He is on the Kick Off team and occasionally even gets to kick, but mostly just runs when the main kicker kicks the ball. My child got to play on offense in this game and he came home thinking he was a "Stud". When they took out the "Studs" and put in the Kick Off/Kick Return Team to play Offense, my kid and kids like him (your typical 10 play players) that had never ran the ball or played offense got to play these positions and this was huge for them. They were able to do it because they were prepared and well coached even though they are not the best players. These coaches have instilled skills and fundamentals in all of the players and my son's self esteem has improved so much thanks to them and their coaching. I could not ask for better coaches and am proud my child is on this team.

Other than kneeing every play, I don't know what else the coaches could have done. There was a running clock, they had their basically 3rd string (kick off team/kids that had never ran the ball) playing offense and 2nd defense went in when the score hit 28-0. I don't have anything else to say about that.

My older child has never been on a winning team in the 4 years we've played in this league. I've sat at games where his team is losing 40-0 with 39 seconds on the clock and the other team scores on them again for a 47-0 win. There's no point in that either. Sportsmanship, good and bad, is a matter of perception on each persons part. To me that was bad sportsmanship. I doubt that coach thought so.

This season, there has been nothing but complaining constantly on this forum about Beaumont Blue. Some people are so bitter, I guess jealousy really is a green eyed monster. Grow up adults, your kids handle a loss better than you do.

Hmmm lets see  75-0 no politics involved, just some obviosly great coaches who can't figure out some way not to win with pride and teach sportsmanship.  Good job Bmt. coaches.  Don't remember who said this but they were right, there has been alot of good pee wee teams who could run up scores like this but chose to have class and not do this.  There is no reason, or we tried, or what should we do when is comes to a score like this. Everyone who knows anything about this sport knows 75-0 is to much at any level in Stjfl, or any little league game especially 2nd and 3rd graders.  STJFL will address these great coaches. I'm not sure how anyone could defend a score of 75-0. 75-0. Just say it out loud and think to yourself does this sound like a good sport or your teaching the kids how to be a champion. 

[quote name="youthinkyouknow" post="1296404" timestamp="1349896078"]
There is so much that I could comment on or give my opinion on but I think pretty much everything has been covered OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I will say, I am a parent who has a child on Beaumont Blue that is not a "Stud" and is just a regular player at best. He is on the Kick Off team and occasionally even gets to kick, but mostly just runs when the main kicker kicks the ball. My child got to play on offense in this game and he came home thinking he was a "Stud". When they took out the "Studs" and put in the Kick Off/Kick Return Team to play Offense, my kid and kids like him (your typical 10 play players) that had never ran the ball or played offense got to play these positions and this was huge for them. They were able to do it because they were prepared and well coached even though they are not the best players. These coaches have instilled skills and fundamentals in all of the players and my son's self esteem has improved so much thanks to them and their coaching. I could not ask for better coaches and am proud my child is on this team.

Other than kneeing every play, I don't know what else the coaches could have done. There was a running clock, they had their basically 3rd string (kick off team/kids that had never ran the ball) playing offense and 2nd defense went in when the score hit 28-0. I don't have anything else to say about that.

My older child has never been on a winning team in the 4 years we've played in this league. I've sat at games where his team is losing 40-0 with 39 seconds on the clock and the other team scores on them again for a 47-0 win. There's no point in that either. Sportsmanship, good and bad, is a matter of perception on each persons part. To me that was bad sportsmanship. I doubt that coach thought so.

This season, there has been nothing but complaining constantly on this forum about Beaumont Blue. Some people are so bitter, I guess jealousy really is a green eyed monster. Grow up adults, your kids handle a loss better than you do.
[/quote]
But a number score of 75 to 0 is ALL THAT MATTERS in PEEWEE football. Sadly, that's all that is seen by some. I've already voiced my opinion and was told I'm clueless and need to go far away from youth sports lol, But from one parent of a LEARNING PEEWEE player to another.....I'm happy for and proud of ALL those boys!!! My team, your team, OUR BOYS!

How can you ONLY focus on a score when talking about pee wee football? Yes, we have all agreed that 75 to 0 is unheard of! But I'm sorry, if coaches put in 2nd and 3rd string players, with a running clock......what else do you want them to do? Put in those 10 play players and not encourage them to do well? I'm telling you now, if my boy was a 10 play player, and he had an opportunity to run the ball or be on the line or kick a ball, I'd be cheering go ahead on! Sounds like bmt b coaches are coaching ALL of their players at practice, not just their studs. I was not there at the game, but I have not heard any accusations of cheating, not following rules, etc. THE ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE SCORE! How about look a little past the numbers and see that there were many DIFFERENT young boys out there experiencing success. That drives me more than the score of a PEEWEE football game. It's not always about the score at this age people!

And yes, I have put myself in png g's position as a parent, and I have thought about how my son may react to a score of 75 to 0. As a parent, I would say well son, you did this, this and this great...I would point out the good and explain what we could do differently, WHICH IS WHAT I DO AFTER EVERY GAME WHETHER WIN OR LOSE! At this age, they care about.....did we win or did we lose? Some may say well we lost BAD, but in their 7 8 9 yr old mentality, they don't see how horrible that score is like we adults do. I promise you what they will remember and FEEL is what good they did when it is acknowledged! Does that mean anything?
And I can almost guarantee the head coach for png g is acknowledging the good in his boys and pointing it out to them!!! It's not ALL bad people because of a score!!

Obviously there's a strong difference in opinion on this subject, and that is perfectly ok. I would just like to say, as you have heard me say many times.....my team, your team, our boys! Lets be happy for and proud of all of our young pee wee players at whatever playing level they are! Every single one of our players are learning and developing, and that's what should drive us adults!

I guess other great pee wee teams in the past could figure out how not to beat someone by a score of 75-0, I hope Bmt B can learn.  No one is saying that the whole bmt b  team is not  the greatest pee wee team ever. Just win with a little integrity 75-0 is not that and there is no excuse for it. There is no explaining this to anyone at any age its just flat out wrong. 75-0  75-0  75-0 that is what is wrong with this subject.

[quote name="forthelove" post="1296614" timestamp="1349912386"]
[quote author=youthinkyouknow link=topic=104263.msg1296404#msg1296404 date=1349896078]

[/quote]
But a number score of 75 to 0 is ALL THAT MATTERS in PEEWEE football. Sadly, that's all that is seen by some. I've already voiced my opinion and was told I'm clueless and need to go far away from youth sports lol, But from one parent of a LEARNING PEEWEE player to another.....I'm happy for and proud of ALL those boys!!! My team, your team, OUR BOYS!

How can you ONLY focus on a score when talking about pee wee football? Yes, we have all agreed that 75 to 0 is unheard of! But I'm sorry, if coaches put in 2nd and 3rd string players, with a running clock......what else do you want them to do? Put in those 10 play players and not encourage them to do well? I'm telling you now, if my boy was a 10 play player, and he had an opportunity to run the ball or be on the line or kick a ball, I'd be cheering go ahead on! Sounds like bmt b coaches are coaching ALL of their players at practice, not just their studs. I was not there at the game, but I have not heard any accusations of cheating, not following rules, etc. THE ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE SCORE! How about look a little past the numbers and see that there were many DIFFERENT young boys out there experiencing success. That drives me more than the score of a PEEWEE football game. It's not always about the score at this age people!

And yes, I have put myself in png g's position as a parent, and I have thought about how my son may react to a score of 75 to 0. As a parent, I would say well son, you did this, this and this great...I would point out the good and explain what we could do differently, WHICH IS WHAT I DO AFTER EVERY GAME WHETHER WIN OR LOSE! At this age, they care about.....did we win or did we lose? Some may say well we lost BAD, but in their 7 8 9 yr old mentality, they don't see how horrible that score is like we adults do. I promise you what they will remember and FEEL is what good they did when it is acknowledged! Does that mean anything?
And I can almost guarantee the head coach for png g is acknowledging the good in his boys and pointing it out to them!!! It's not ALL bad people because of a score!!

Obviously there's a strong difference in opinion on this subject, and that is perfectly ok. I would just like to say, as you have heard me say many times.....my team, your team, our boys! Lets be happy for and proud of all of our young pee wee players at whatever playing level they are! Every single one of our players are learning and developing, and that's what should drive us adults!
[/quote]

+1000. best statement i have read on this matter

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1294638" timestamp="1349709423"]
[quote author=bwl4335 link=topic=104263.msg1294558#msg1294558 date=1349704665]
[quote author=mfd814 link=topic=104263.msg1294487#msg1294487 date=1349699175]
If non starters are running the ball, your min play rule kids are running the ball, it's not a problem.  In the past, when all of the Bmt teams were getting blanked weekly , and they were the doormat, the other teams didn't complain.
[/quote]

The score of 75-0 is the problem! That has never happened before and should never be allowed to happen! Every team that has played this PNG team has kept it under 40 and most under 30 because they knew it was a weaker team. Now before Beaumont gets on here and says their kids are special again, keep in mind what they are saying is that every kid on their team is 3 times better than all starters on any other team because the score was 3 times higer! It took Beaumont 3 years to build their program and they were a doormat for the first 2 but nobody ever scored 75 points on them. Say rules were not broken? I know I signed a code of ethics form every year I signed my kids up and I bet the STJFL makes the coaches agree to it too. I would bet this is covered in there. No excuses these coaches can come up with are good enough to explain it and they need to be kept away from youth sports!
[/quote]

This is getting out of hand.  For all the people who are willing to speculate someone must have cheated without either being there and seeing themselves or knowing the rules, here is a little something for you.

I have attached the STJFL Bylaws and their contact list LINKS for your convenience.  Why don't you man up and contact the STJFL and tell them your issues. Read the ByLaws first so you won't look like a complete idiot when you claim they are breaking rules when they may not be....

That will further your cause much better than all these accusations of wrong doing.......I'm really surprised a moderator has not locked this topic

http://www.stjfl.net/docs/STJFL%20CONDUCT.pdf

http://www.stjfl.net/docs/2012%20Contact%20List.pdf
[/quote]

It was really nice of you to provide these links for the STJFL Code of Conduct and the Bylaws. Too bad your advice wasn't taken when you said to [b]read[/b] them first before claiming Beaumont broke a rule. I read them. There was no rule broken. Yes 75-0 is unheard of but its not against the rules.  I'm sure it will be a NEW rule for next year, just like how we got the 60/40 rule this year thanks to PNG playing an all 8 year old team all the way to the Super Bowl in Pee Wee last year. That's how rules usually get made. Someone calls unfair and a rule fixes it for next time.

[quote name="forthelove" post="1296614" timestamp="1349912386"]
[quote author=youthinkyouknow link=topic=104263.msg1296404#msg1296404 date=1349896078]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So well said.

[quote name="americasteam88" post="1296633" timestamp="1349914300"]
Let me say this. I bet Bmt B does not run up another score this year, maybe 40-45, is my guess.  I guess we will all know there is a way to not run up the score. Lets just wait and see. Then everyone who is defending 75-0 will know why its a big deal.
[/quote]

Well let me say this then.  :)

If all that could have gone wrong did and a great team like Bmt B lost to a young team like Png G 75-0 would you feel the same. Lets see, probably not. Because everyone would be amazed by the upset and proud of Png Gs young boys. So therefore it is not the score. 75-0 75-0 75-0 at all. But when Bmt does it, you assume its intentional and that its the studs and coaches that maliciously did it. That the coach should be punished. But in all reality what did it was the coach but not in a bad way, he did it by teaching and forming all of bmt b kids into a GREAT team. These coaches of this team are the best i have ever seen in youth sports hands down. Derrick rivers cares for every kid as much as his own. And yall want him punished. Thats just wrong. And ur right there may not be another score that high but i guarantee u that when it happens it takes away from the kids. And thats what this is all about. Times have changed way to much. One should take the whoopin and try to better themselves so it doesnt happen again. But now days poor little johny cant lose that bad because it will hurt his feelings and will make him end up with a complex and need therapy. Thats crap. Its nothing but the adults who have problems.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder