Favorite Nederland Player this year

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1290124" timestamp="1349325281"]
[quote author=scapegoat link=topic=104081.msg1289762#msg1289762 date=1349286154]
My favorite player is 25 Jordan Wood and 33 Korbin Stampley.They have been playing beside each other at LB since 7 grade and work together great.Just curious if Nederland has ever had a better pair of linebackers.I am a little biased because I am 25's Dad.
[/quote]

Absolutely no better pair of Lb's we've ever had... Maybe Boyd and Darin Smith but not sure if they played together or not?  Stampley and Wood are definitely more imposing, faster and stronger.  Boyd and Smith had great noses for the ball.  Four of our best Lb's along with Brisendine
[/quote]
Boyd played in 99, 00 and 01 as bandit linebacker, unblockable, smart and great against run and pass. Darin played in 02,03 and 04 lead team in tackles all 3 years 95 soph, 125 jr, 165 sr, at will linebacker. Aubry had 175 tackles his sr year, he was everywhere, I've always said these where my favorite 3 linebackers. Woods and Stampley are the best pair I can remember and they ain't finished yet. If you where starting a defense you couldn't go wrong with any of these 5, all have left their mark on bulldog football.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1290064" timestamp="1349318528"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=104081.msg1290056#msg1290056 date=1349317884]
hush your mouth, buddy...lol!
[/quote]lol its the truth though.

Id still like to see what NED would have done if Sampere didnt go down in that first game years ago. He was a legit Dual Threat for NED (the only one in recent memory if im not mistaken)
[/quote]

Kirby stepped in as a sophmore and played very well until he got the curse his senior year

I have really been impressed with the growth of the Dogs offensive line.The killer B's of Brown,Brinkley and Byrd along with Allbrition,Latiolas;Washington and Delfierio have improved every week.Kendrick Hopkins running behind them has been a bull.More backs in the area have more yardage but I bet none of them have more yards after contact than Hopkins.

This year I like Shaw, Taylor, Wood, Raines, Stampley, lots of fun players to watch. In the last 17 years Sumrall is my favorite and coincidentally a good friend and coworker now. I also loved Galassi, Boyd, Cobb, Smith, Peletiere, Atterbury, Mohica, McPherson, Mayhews, the Gentiles, Joseph Ramoine, and of course Micah... But Troy was the one, the one that started it all on the most exciting td run ever against Sweeney.. Boyd is second with the tip and interception in Rice stadium against friendswood in the most exciting win in Nederland history.

[quote name="Michael" post="1290659" timestamp="1349395564"]
This year I like Shaw, Taylor, Wood, Raines, Stampley, lots of fun players to watch. In the last 17 years Sumrall is my favorite and coincidentally a good friend and coworker now. I also loved Galassi, Boyd, Cobb, Smith, Peletiere, Atterbury, Mohica, McPherson, Mayhews, the Gentiles, Joseph Ramoine, and of course Micah... But Troy was the one, the one that started it all on the most exciting td run ever against Sweeney.. Boyd is second with the tip and interception in Rice stadium against friendswood in the most exciting win in Nederland history.
[/quote]
That's a pretty solid list and alot of good memories,  one of my favorites was Dustin Driskell, nobody ran the wrap around draw like Driskell.

[quote name="Michael" post="1290659" timestamp="1349395564"]
[/quote]

Nice memories Mr.East

Holy cow, I forgot Brad Sullivan. How is that even possible? Who could forget him eating up WOS with the QB draw over and over again in West Orange?

I tell you what is really fun to me is watching these kids become men over the last couple of decades. Its funny that I at 30 watched Troy Sumrall as a kid against Vidor and remember accidentally walking past him after the game and telling a teenage boy "good game son", now he does the exact same job as me, and we talk everyday and I consider him my friend, just a normal guy, coworker, father, friend. He's not the only one. I see ex BUlldogs now gorwn men all over the place, successful men.  Its just normal life, but its pretty neat the way my perspective changes on everything as I get older. I have two daughters (and a sweet stepdaughter) but no biological sons. Now to top it off, life has changed and God has blessed me with not one but TWO step sons, both really good football players who love the sport, both are starting in middle school and NYFL and will very likely be Bulldog Starters one day. I might actually get to watch my own kids play in the sport I have followed as a spectator for 2 decades!!!, I never expected that... You never know what life is going to bring you,,,, Life is FUN!

yes, i know, i'm from Vidor. but i am a FOOTBALL FAN!

defense, Washington. big, fast and strong. i was blown away by his performance against us. hey, we had more succes on Ozen running the edges than against him. He knows how to read and get to the ball. hope he chooses LSU.

offense, who else, Raines. it has been a while since i have seen a FIELD GENERAL at the hs level. and he is.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1291449" timestamp="1349472868"]
Ok I'm biased but Brock Pryor is my favorite, well because he is my wonderful son.
Love You and go get those Lions tonight.
[/quote]NEED TO GET WITH YOU I HAVE PLENTY OF TCU CRAP YOU CAN HAVE ;)

[quote name="Dogggs" post="1294146" timestamp="1349645116"]
The team in all is very good. I would like to now way the sophomore didn't get to battle the senior for the start qb job. We her in the spring he had a big arm and could move will in the pocket but was moved to the defense side?
[/quote]

Wonder even if you are from Nederland???  1 post. Dogggs?  (Maybe from Png?)

No controversy in Nederland at QB.  Neumann always makes that call, not the fans. Raines has been outstanding and that job has never been in question.

We definintely are NOT QB poor in Nederland the next few years, Thank You.

....to the others.....As for the "QB curse"  PLEASE stop mentioning it, I do hold my breath every week.  Let's finish this out!

Go Dogs!

[quote name="Dogggs" post="1294146" timestamp="1349645116"]
The team in all is very good. I would like to now way the sophomore didn't get to battle the senior for the start qb job. We her in the spring he had a big arm and could move will in the pocket but was moved to the defense side?
[/quote]Seriously?  Why would Neumann take a 2 yr starter at qb and replace him with a sophmore?

I don't know if I could pick one favorite player.....Shaw and Washington would be at top of list, followed by Raines, Hopkins, Couron, Wood, Stampley, Taylor, Kimbler, Pryor, Malveaux, Barrow, Brown .  Heck, cant pick one.

As for all time, Sullivan tops the list.  We were just talking about his hit in the Dayton game when he hit that player on the Dayton side, out of bounds.  I will never forget that hit, it was a shot and made everyone on the Dayton go crazy.  Kid had heart that can't be measured.

[quote name="outanup" post="1294164" timestamp="1349646412"]
[quote author=Dogggs link=topic=104081.msg1294146#msg1294146 date=1349645116]
[/quote]Seriously?  Why would Neumann take a 2 yr starter at qb and replace him with a sophmore?
[/quote]he/she probably a PNG poster. they're getting used to QB controversy over there.  ;) ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1294189" timestamp="1349647932"]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=104081.msg1294164#msg1294164 date=1349646412]
[quote author=Dogggs link=topic=104081.msg1294146#msg1294146 date=1349645116]
[/quote]he/she probably a PNG poster. they're getting used to QB controversy over there.  ;) ;D
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder