Your thoughts on Central last night...

uandme08

I wasn't at the game, but I am a believer in Ozen. I think they will give the P-rats all they want and then some this week. As for Central, If they have the athletes it all comes down to the coaching. Soulja knows his team best though so I will wait for his animated synopsis. Here kitty, kitty  ;D

Central's staff. Don't even bother showing up to the Central field house on Monday and leave town immediately. You've turned the Central football program into a complete and utter joke. the players have quit, you bicker on the sidelines, and you constantly make up excuses instead of blaming your incompetence. You tell the media, don't blame the coaches, blame the players. You've screwed a 3 year starting QB out of a full college ride to Texas A&M because you've squandered his talents. You've been on the Central staff since 1986 and obviously learned nothing. You let____ ____ call the plays, someone that obviously knows NOTHING about football and obviously NO comon sense either. I will be In attendance on your 'last day' to make sure I give you and your goons a proper good bye wave. . Smh Just freakin pathetic to watch.  The good thing is a person that will be able to make a positive change to Central football was in attendance.  I hope he saw what all of us saw.  And with that said, I'm out

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1287095" timestamp="1349004602"]
Central's staff. Don't even bother showing up to the Central field house on Monday and leave town immediately. You've turned the Central football program into a complete and utter joke. the players have quit, you bicker on the sidelines, and you constantly make up excuses instead of blaming your incompetence. You tell the media, don't blame the coaches, blame the players. You've screwed a 3 year starting QB out of a full college ride to Texas A&M because you've squandered his talents. You've been on the Central staff since 1986 and obviously learned nothing. You let____ ____ call the plays, someone that obviously knows NOTHING about football and obviously NO comon sense either. I will be In attendance on your 'last day' to make sure I give you and your goons a proper good bye wave. . Smh Just freakin pathetic to watch.  The good thing is a person that will be able to make a positive change to Central football was in attendance.  I hope he saw what all of us saw.  And with that said, I'm out
[/quote]wait, A&M pulled the offer?  :o

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1287352" timestamp="1349039525"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=103906.msg1287095#msg1287095 date=1349004602]
[/quote]wait, A&M pulled the offer?  :o
[/quote]Sometimes you gotta sign if you've been offered.

[quote name="incognito" post="1286662" timestamp="1348958582"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103906.msg1286482#msg1286482 date=1348947256]
when Soulja is ready we will all know.  ;)
[/quote]

Soulja will come out of the closet for Ozen when he's ready.  ;) :o.....

[b]As a Vidor fan I can see Ozen beating the Pirates[/b].....no doubt.
[/quote]
Ozen is a great team no doubt but look what happened the last two times they met a great defense, aka pam and stephenville, they got held to 14 and 6 points. They can be contained and the pirates will contain them.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1287417" timestamp="1349045660"]
[quote author=incognito link=topic=103906.msg1286662#msg1286662 date=1348958582]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103906.msg1286482#msg1286482 date=1348947256]
when Soulja is ready we will all know.  ;)
[/quote]

Soulja will come out of the closet for Ozen when he's ready.  ;) :o.....

[b]As a Vidor fan I can see Ozen beating the Pirates[/b].....no doubt.
[/quote]
Ozen is a great team no doubt but look what happened the last two times they met a great defense, aka pam and stephenville, they got held to 14 and 6 points. They can be contained and the pirates will contain them.
[/quote]

I can tell you that pam had, for about 3 qtrs, all they wanted with ozen and the stephenville game was not our best effort. Yes we lost to them but the same level of intensity we showed last friday did not make the trip with us to dallas. We'll be MORE than ready for vidor. It's a new season, we're 1-0 and more mature than last year. Should be a fun game though....

I'll admit I am making this post from the outside looking in and am just making this observation from the numbers.  I am willing to listen to (and probably accept) explanation from those that have had eyes on the situation.  But I will just say this, when you are talking about deficits of the type that Central lost by its first 3 games, pointing the finger at coaches is definitely plausible.  But when the deficits grow to the 20 point range as they did with Ozen (and it would have been 30 but for a couple of late touchdowns by the Jags) you do have to wonder whether there is some problem with the jimmies and joes to go along with the problem with the x's and o's.

Like I said, this is just from a look at the numbers and I can easily be enlightened otherwise.

[quote name="D3zii" post="1287660" timestamp="1349069853"]
This brings me baq to my point, How do we let a coach that goes 4 rounds, (Stowers) get away the next year..
[/quote] not to mention the school he left for had less success than what Central was having, had less talent, less fan support and wasnt exactly beating the brakes off of anybody interesting in that Wichita Falls Region District.

[quote name="D3zii" post="1287660" timestamp="1349069853"]
This brings me baq to my point, How do we let a coach that goes 4 rounds, (Stowers) get away the next year..
[/quote]
Let get away? Didn't Stowers apply for a job in the DFW metroplex every summer of every year he coached at Central? Wasn't he from the DFW area? Sounds like he wanted to go home and he took the first opportunity that presented itself.

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1287663" timestamp="1349074268"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=103906.msg1287660#msg1287660 date=1349069853]
[/quote]
Let get away? Didn't Stowers apply for a job in the DFW metroplex every summer of every year he coached at Central? Wasn't he from the DFW area? Sounds like he wanted to go home and he took the first opportunity that presented itself.
[/quote]...And for some strange reason, he wasn't seeing eye to eye with the principal at that time and was looking to go back up north on the first thing smoking.

I'm another outsider putting an opinion on something I have nothing to do but what the heck. Central certainly has a talented team. No way should their defense give up that many points. When I saw Jag players heads down in third quarter against WOS I knew something was wrong.
My impression was that they seemed to lack concentration (penalties, dropped passes) and was probably not in the best shape condition wise.

Something is wrong with the program, they should be much better with the talent they have. That seems to point to coaching. Hope they can pull it together.

It is no doubt that Central is loaded with talent.  Honestly, thought last week's game was gonna be close.  I have seen Central play 3 games now and they seem to be regressing,  which in my opinion, points to coaching as well.  I've seen Central do something this year that I haven't seen for quite sometime now, and that's quit in the middle of the game.  I don't think the kids believe in the staff and are just going through the motions at this point. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83