Nederland tickets for the Vidor game

dog71

Certainly, y'all ain't that ignert! We sent the appropriate amount for the season ticket holders, all others can buy their tickets AT THE VISITOR GATE! We don't allow Pirate fans on the visitor side and we're not selling those tickets until the day of the game. Please,quit being so dang condescending and grow up.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize making accusations in my earlier posts in a moment of anger was inappropriate. Those were reactions brought on by my 85 yr old Dad distressed by the realization that we would be unable to get tickets to this game because Vidor refused to send more tickets to NHS. I have no idea why this is happening and have read lots of reasons that frankly don't add up. In 50 plus years this is a first. We have NEVER had problems getting tickets to any game until now. Never problems with MCM, WO-S, Mauriceville, Dayton, Crosby, Livingston, many others, or Vidor until now. I have been a fan of Vidor, PN-G, WO-S and other area teams in the playoffs including Dayton. I feel other circumstances are at work here, especially in light of the fact cheermom from PN-G has expressed similar problems for the PN-G and Vidor game. I do feel somewhat betrayed by this turn of events. I totally enjoyed Vidor playoff games last year where I witnessed many other area fans pulling for the Pirates. So be it. I'll happily listen to the game on the radio and watch the replay. So much for loyalty. GO DOGS. RESPECT IS EARNED.

To answer some of the questions/accusations that have popped up here...the stadium itself seats about 9600 people.  I dont know the breakdown between home and visitor but the home side is larger, like most all stadiums.  I would have to believe that the visitor side probably seats about 1000 of fans, not counting the band and drill team.  Its a guess, but Id bet it pretty close.  As far as Vidor only sending 10 tickets to any team we play, well, that is rediculous.  Nederland got their allotment of tickets and they got gobbled up by season ticket holders and then what was left over was offered to the general public.  No school district wants a huge bottleneck at the ticket gate on game night.  The game will be a sell-out and I expect both sides to be very supportive of their teams.  So, enough with running down Vidor.....maybe next time, we need to rent out Lamar stadium for this one.  I would love to see 15000 people watching a football game in southeast Texas...that would be so cool for the kids.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="bulldog1984" post="1281181" timestamp="1348531397"]
doubt its only 1000 seats. i have been there alot of times and i would say at least 3000 . please correct me if im wrong
[/quote]

Don't worry - you KNOW that someone will. ;D

I'm saying because I'm close the school and have been Booster in the past. Visitor side seats 3500. Subtract band / drill team. Now, how many season ticket holders in Ned.? Same for PNG... both y'all pack the stands. Do the math. If we continue to put a quality team on the field, and we will, I can see the series moving. Get to the game early and you get tickets; no one is gonna send ALL their visitor game tickets out.  BTW, it's hard for the Vidor fans to get tickets as well. It's a big game for both teams.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1281211" timestamp="1348533275"]
I'm saying because I'm close the school and have been Booster in the past. Visitor side seats 3500. Subtract band / drill team. Now, how many season ticket holders in Ned.? Same for PNG... both y'all pack the stands. Do the math. If we continue to put a quality team on the field, and we will, I can see the series moving. Get to the game early and you get tickets; no one is gonna send ALL their visitor game tickets out.  BTW, it's hard for the Vidor fans to get tickets as well. It's a big game for both teams.
[/quote]
Are you for real? I seriously doubt it will get moved. Too much money for the home team. If they haven't moved MCM (13,000-15,000) to a neutral site, this definitely wouldn't be moved. It's normally not a big game, but it has District Championship implications this year, ergo a lot of people want to attend.

MCM is sold out early and there are no tickets sold at the gate, because PNG sends Nederland all the tickets for the visitors side. Makes way more sense to sell the tickets early than to have everyone piled up at the gate.
I find it hard to believe it is that hard to send more tickets to a school district that is 10 miles away, stupid issues like this is why vidor gets no respect. I hope we beat the sh;t out of vidor.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1281231" timestamp="1348535521"]
The problem with moving games is the groups that have the concessions. If you play at Lamar, they get all the proceeds from the sale not the groups like PTA that give out scholarships. With a limited number of home games most are not going to give that much up.
[/quote]

Bingo. And having participated in several non-football extracurricular activities, that money helps significantly. Best thing to do is expand the high school stadiums, and right now I don't think any local districts are in a position to do that.

[quote name="3bsports" post="1281145" timestamp="1348528725"]
I tried reading all 5 pages of the post and still did not understand if Vidor is actually going to be sitting on Nederland's side.  If so, I do not agree with that.  It just seems simple to me.  Home is for home and visitor is for visitors.  Is that NOT the way it is?  Does anyone know how big their visitor side is (seat wise) compared to the home side (seat wise).  Could their visitor side be REALLY small?  I just can't imagine why they wouldn't be fair about it???
[/quote]
Exactly what I have been saying......

Here's my best guess: Normally, not all season ticket holders buy away tickets if the game is in Vidor. Knowing that this game will probably decide the DC, probably most, of not all season ticket holders bought the tickets. Therefore, it appears to be less tickets given to us ahead of time, when in reality, we (season ticket holders) bought them up ahead of time. But, they still should've sent more when Nederland requested them (which I know they did).

This thread is a train wreck.  Smart money says to not post, but hernI go anyway.

Vidor has not allowed Vidor fans to sit on Visitors side for years (not even at homecoming).  We cannot even go over to the Visitor side for shorter concession lines (like the game against Sante Fe).  It has been enforced in the past by police nicely asking the Vidor fans to move.  This is not a ploy to fill the Ned side with Vidor fans.

Two years ago when Vidor played BC, BC sent 0 tickets to Vidor for pregame sales.  It was not a conspiracy.  It was just not something that they usually did for predistrict games.  Vidor fans did not start a thread.  Some of us had to stand in line way too long, but we eventually got in. 

I do not remember the Visitor gate at Vidor have near the long line that I am used to encountering in BMT or other places.  It has never been as bad as it is in Bridge City, for sure. 

I wish there were more seats in the stadium.  I wish ticket sales were easier everywhere.  But this is not an act of poor sportsmanship.  At worst, it is just a little inefficiency in the system. 

I hope everyone who wants to see the game gets in.  And I hope the Pirates keep bringing it the way they have so far this season  ;)

Well, its good to know that some folks from Nederland want us to "get the sh;t" beat out of us because of the ticket issue....class act there bud.  Now, onto something that everyone should know about if you plan on going to the game.....get there early, very early.  Parking is a nightmare on a regular game night....it is gonna be much worse for this game.  Thought it was the right thing to mention, even though there are those who post here who make statements like I have read about how classless we Vidorians are.  I still hope for a spirited and injury free game for both sides of the field.  Some may call us classless, I prefer to show how much class we have.  You folks coming from Nederland are rivals, nothing more, nothing less.  If a Vidorian posted something like I read from some Nederland folks, I would call them out on it..but thats me.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1281051" timestamp="1348519946"]
Its gonna be funny when Vidor's side is full and they fill up half or more of the other side.  I hate to say it but i dont see any problem with Vidor not sending more tickets long as they originally sent enough tickets to provide the season ticket holders, they know its a big game and they want something called *homefield advantage*.
[/quote]

Knock it off Garrity, u know this ain't so. You just stirring the pot.

[quote name="texas2step4u" post="1281261" timestamp="1348537941"]
Well, its good to know that some folks from Nederland want us to "get the sh;t" beat out of us because of the ticket issue....class act there bud.  Now, onto something that everyone should know about if you plan on going to the game.....get there early, very early.  Parking is a nightmare on a regular game night....it is gonna be much worse for this game.  Thought it was the right thing to mention, even though there are those who post here who make statements like I have read about how classless we Vidorians are.  I still hope for a spirited and injury free game for both sides of the field.  Some may call us classless, I prefer to show how much class we have.  You folks coming from Nederland are rivals, nothing more, nothing less.  If a Vidorian posted something like I read from some Nederland folks, I would call them out on it..but thats me.
[/quote]

A rivalry typical involves both schools. But if it will ease your pain over there you can consider us a rival and we will just consider you another game on the schedule. This is nowhere near a rivalry for Nederland. And I too hope Vidor gets the ---- beat out of them. But not because of the ticket thing. Im just tired of hearing about how great they are.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1281281" timestamp="1348538802"]
[quote author=texas2step4u link=topic=103624.msg1281261#msg1281261 date=1348537941]
[/quote]

A rivalry typical involves both schools. But if it will ease your pain over there you can consider us a rival and we will just consider you another game on the schedule. This is nowhere near a rivalry for Nederland. And I too hope Vidor gets the ---- beat out of them. But not because of the ticket thing. Im just tired of hearing about how great they are.
[/quote]

RIVALRY....you folks take the bait EVERYTIME! LOL  ;D

[quote name="robanadana" post="1281274" timestamp="1348538657"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103624.msg1281051#msg1281051 date=1348519946]
Its gonna be funny when Vidor's side is full and they fill up half or more of the other side.  I hate to say it but i dont see any problem with Vidor not sending more tickets long as they originally sent enough tickets to provide the season ticket holders, they know its a big game and they want something called *homefield advantage*.
[/quote]

Knock it off Garrity, u know this ain't so. You just stirring the pot.
[/quote] [b]Actually I wasnt[/b]. How in the world does a visiting side ticket booth know if you a fan of either team? Not possible unless they got a school shirt on. If i was a fan and the home side is full you can bet im going on the visitor side even if i gotta go to the car and change shirts/attire LOL.