Who gets the most out of their team minus ahtleticism

tupac7

Well historically Nederland has done some amazing things with limited athleticism. So normally I would say Neumann and his staff. Losing 3 or 4 QBs and still going to the playoffs is one example of many. He's beaten many teams, especially in playoffs that Nederland was getting killed by on paper. This year it's a little different because Ned is so talented athletically. I would go with Vidor this year. Point of inquiry: How many years has Matthews been at Vidor?

Mathews has been at Vidor since the 90's, can't recall the exact year.  When the Head Coach position came open a lot of people in Vidor wanted Mathews to take the position but the Board thought otherwise.  My family along with a lot of other parents/fans, stayed at the Admin bldg for several hours and it was late into the night when the board finally made the decision to make him the HC.

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1277682" timestamp="1348256636"]
[b]Its Nederland's Larry Nueman. Easy answer.[/b]
[/quote]

If you go by success, that answer seems to be no contest. I don't know where Nederland has any more D1 players (since that seems to be the standard) than Vidor (or anyone else). Nederland has been to the playoffs 14 times in the last 15 years and Vidor has been twice in that time frame.

I would say that about 35+ playoff wins in 15 years tends to point to getting the most out of a team without much big time talent.

[quote name="tvc" post="1277815" timestamp="1348268987"]
[quote author=prepballfan link=topic=103391.msg1277682#msg1277682 date=1348256636]
[b]Its Nederland's Larry Nueman. Easy answer.[/b]
[/quote]
Not to nitpick, as you make an excellent point with Coach Neumann's success, but Vidor has gone to the playoffs 3 times in Jeff's tenure as head coach, in 2000, 2009, 2011. 

If you go by success, that answer seems to be no contest. I don't know where Nederland has any more D1 players (since that seems to be the standard) than Vidor (or anyone else). Nederland has been to the playoffs 14 times in the last 15 years and Vidor has been twice in that time frame.

I would say that about 35+ playoff wins in 15 years tends to point to getting the most out of a team without much big time talent.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin