Montana Quirante

Jmcshan23

[quote name="football04" post="1273887" timestamp="1347846731"]
Sounds like a mixed drink, I'll have a frozen  Montana Quirante, but I've never had one so I don't know if they are very good.
[/quote]

It's one mixed drink you will never want a taste of again, that's for sure!  ;D  Drink a MQ and take 2 Tylenol so you don't wake up with a headache Saturday morning!!

I was fortunate enough to sit with Montana's parents at the Clear Brook game. It is a wonderful experience watching them go through the pain and anguish of every play and the exuberance of their son doing well. Two extremely nice people...BTW, Montana has two younger brothers who play as well. What high school football is all about.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1274262" timestamp="1347899772"]
I was fortunate enough to sit with Montana's parents at the Clear Brook game. It is a wonderful experience watching them go through the pain and anguish of every play and the exuberance of their son doing well. Two extremely nice people...BTW, Montana has two younger brothers who play as well. What high school football is all about.
[/quote]

We must have been about 3 or 4 rows below you then.  He is an outstanding player.  All the guys this year are doing great, they are really complimenting each other every game. 

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1274302" timestamp="1347902496"]
Great player but way over hyped by Pirate fans.I think he plays with 10 other guys at a time if I am not mistaken.
[/quote]

But its not just production, you would understand if you knew him.. He is a leader by example... A Tim Tebow in a sense, meaning he is a very strong Christian that stays away from drugs and drinking... He helps others be better, and Vidor has not had a player like him ever in my opinion.. And I am not talking in terms of sole production...  You cant over hype strong values, this is just my opinion.

Montana is a great leader and I enjoy watching him play.Nederland and Vidor are both very good teams this year.The big difference in the two is depth.If we lose our best player for a game,we plug someone else in and we have enough high level talent around that position to remain a very good team.If Vidor loses Montana ,I do not think they are near the same team with out him.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1274262" timestamp="1347899772"]
[/quote]

He is an excellant Qb..I know all about the anguish of watching your kids play...must be doubly hard with a QB who takes so much heat when you lose and so much praise when you win.

[quote name="Blackbuc" post="1274342" timestamp="1347904206"]
[quote author=scapegoat link=topic=103277.msg1274302#msg1274302 date=1347902496]
Great player but way over hyped by Pirate fans.I think he plays with 10 other guys at a time if I am not mistaken.
[/quote]

But its not just production, [b]you would understand if you knew him[/b].. He is a leader by example... A Tim Tebow in a sense, meaning [b]he is a very strong Christian that stays away from drugs and drinking[/b]... He helps others be better, and Vidor has not had a player like him ever in my opinion.. And I am not talking in terms of sole production...  You cant over hype strong values, this is just my opinion.
[/quote]
I agree with the if you knew him part. I think there are many guys on different teams that are that way. It means more to Vidor fans because they do know him and what the kid stands for. As for the 2nd bolded statement, I will take that over athletics any day. It says alot about his family as well.

I still say if he is not the QB that Offense is nowhere near as good as it is currently. I know alot of people would rather have him on defense if they had a choice between defense or offense, i'd rather have him on offense. And guys its not like he cant chunk the rock either.  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1274592" timestamp="1347917591"]
I still say if he is not the QB that Offense is nowhere near as good as it is currently. I know alot of people would rather have him on defense if they had a choice between defense or offense, i'd rather have him on offense. And guys its not like he cant chunk the rock either.  ;)
[/quote]
He does what is asked of him...... I was at the Clear Brook game Buddy and I thought he was more valuable to Vidor at QB than at LB

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1274592" timestamp="1347917591"]
[/quote]

Last year, I really thought he was more valuable on D than on Offense.  I try to admit when I am wrong, and I was wrong.  He has taken the QB position in our offense to another level. 

And I don't completely get the hype statement by scapegoat, unless it was sarcasm.  I have heard as much hype by our opponents about him as I have from Pirate fans.

I agree that he is only one piece of the team.  He just happens to be the Most Valuable piece this year.  And having watched a lot of Pirate football for 2 decades, I think he may be the MVP of the last 2 decades for the Pirates.  It is hard not to be impressed and amazed at some of the things that he does on the field.

But I do not think that he is the greatest athlete to ever come out of southeast Texas (or some other hyberbole).  In fact, he might not be the best player on either side of the ball for many other local HS teams this year.  But I do know how impressive he is in our system and on ths team.  And I am amazed that the coaches had the scrum to put him at QB last season having never played QB before in the system (remember that he played nose guard in 7th grade). 

I hope he gets a chance to play at the next level, but regardless of that, he is as good of a HS football player as I have ever seen.

And just for the record, I am not his father.  I was daddy23 long before Montana was blipping on this message board's radar.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder