Groveton at Hull-Daisetta Game Thread/Groveton wins 20-14!

WOSgrad

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1276082" timestamp="1348079314"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=103142.msg1275975#msg1275975 date=1348073313]
Jeeez man, just heard the total yards on this game which makes me even more sick that HD lost.....

Hull-Daisetta - 310 yards

Groveton - 135 yards

Gotta learn from that and finish drives.
[/quote]Total dominance between the 20's.

[/quote]and a LACK there of on the scoreboard.....seriously, this is the most I have heard of anyone gloat over getting beat.  Stats I have are Hull 73 plays, 272 yards.  That is including penalties and negative gains.  That comes out to 3.72 ypp.  Groveton ran only 34 offensive plays for 158 yards which comes out to 4.64 yyp.  Once again, this is after all penalties and negative gains.  The only thing you dominated in was the time of possession.  I give you credit for keeping the ball away from Groveton and keeping your defense off the field.  Our biggest problem was shooting ourselves in the foot because of dropped pitches that we had to fall on that killed our drives.  Not to mention 2 missed deep balls.

You guys played a good game, but great teams find a way to win and that's what Groveton did with special teams and defensive scores, and a game winning drive when we really needed it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your numbers are incorrect. Coach Finney provided these official stats.

Groveton - 135 yards

HD whipped Groveton. HD donated 14 points to yall off of a blocked punt and a 93 yard fumble return. Yall were darn lucky to escape with the win. When the game ended you could see the Indians were beat up. HD lost a game nobody ever loses. Sucks. Total yards say it all. Congrats on the early Christmas present.  ;)

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1276703" timestamp="1348159229"]
Your numbers are incorrect. Coach Finney provided these official stats.

Groveton - 135 yards

HD whipped Groveton. HD donated 14 points to yall off of a blocked punt and a 93 yard fumble return. Yall were darn lucky to escape with the win. When the game ended you could see the Indians were beat up. HD lost a game nobody ever loses. Sucks. Total yards say it all. Congrats on the early Christmas present.  ;)
[/quote]

Donated????  I don't think yall could afford to spot us anything before the game started.  It looked like to me that we forced a fumble(strip drill) and ran it back behind great blocking.  Then we later blocked a punt(effort required) and then returned it back behind good blocking.  Those two touchdowns were earned and you will not take the credit away from our kids by claiming that you "donated" it to us.  Yall stacked the box with 8-9 men and we still ended up with 4 yards per carry.  And you are saying you whipped us??

Here's a stat for you..........Scoreboard.  The only one that makes a hill of beans.  I'm sure if you ask Coach Finney if he would rather have the most yards or the most points, I have a good Idea what he would tell you.

As far as the stats go, mine are correct and cross checked, and as I mentioned, include all negative gains and penalties.

Keep worrying about the game you lost to us though.  It will only get you a bleeding ulcer and a tail kicking by Lovelady because you are looking over your shoulder.

Good Day

I don't think anyone is arguing scoreboard (at least I'm not) because just like you said, that's all that matters. A win is a win. I think the only point being made is that offensively and defensively, HD dominated the game. It apparently was not enough to win though. All that we're saying is that Groveton being held to 135 yards (or 158 for that matter is pretty damn impressive), especially considering that over half of those yards came on the final drive in the 4th quarter and over 25% of the yards came on the 35 yard TD run. Up to that point, HD held a pretty damn good Groveton team to about 70 yards of total offense. I don't care how many plays were ran, holding a team to that amount of yards is impressive. It's a tough loss to swallow, but we have. HD is ready for Lovelady and they darn sure better be ready for HD.

Congrats again to the Indians on a hard-fought victory. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin