West Sabine at Hemphill Game Thread/West Sabine wins 72-47!

WOSgrad

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1264621" timestamp="1347089433"]
SO............I guess the the people in hemphill can't blame this year on the previous coaching staff!!!!  Many of those people thought that...........I feel bad for the kids there.  I guess batting practice will start in a few weeks for the hornet baseball team.
[/quote]
HH may have beat the new team from Anderson-shiro to avoid 0-10.

Guest momof2hornets
[quote name="wildcats35" post="1264621" timestamp="1347089433"]
SO............I guess the the people in hemphill can't blame this year on the previous coaching staff!!!!  Many of those people thought that...........I feel bad for the kids there.  I guess batting practice will start in a few weeks for the hornet baseball team.

That's about the third time you've made that exact post....I haven't heard anyone blame anyone since day one the new coaches took over so we get the message.....you dont want us to blame previous coaching!!!
[/quote]

Guest momof2hornets
[quote name="TXHORN_ET" post="1264755" timestamp="1347117628"]
Probably not many happy people at fat freds this morning..Hemphill - Buna this week..someone will get in the win column..
[/quote]

Nobody hangs out at Fat Fred's anymore!!! We have a new Valero!!!

Desmond Lacey, senior QB and district MVP (2011) from West Sabine had an outstanding game passing and rushing. I believe he had 5 or 6 TD's. I know he want get the credit due, but he was amazing. He also verbally committed to Northwestern before the game and had interests from TCU, Sam Houston, SFA, La Tech, Missouri, and Lamar. Twine was shut down in the first half, but as the Tigers got a little winded he drove the ball a few times. He did not score all the TD's for hemphill. There was another kid, but I don't know his name. Lacey intercepted a ball Twine threw and ran it back about 80 yds. West Sabine has a new team and they're looking good for a 1A school that's underestimated.

[quote name="greenhornet" post="1264761" timestamp="1347117920"]
[quote author=wildcats35 link=topic=102726.msg1264621#msg1264621 date=1347089433]

That's about the third time you've made that exact post....I haven't heard anyone blame anyone since day one the new coaches took over so we get the message.....you dont want us to blame previous coaching!!!
[/quote]
[/quote]

I wish them the best but another 0-10 isn't far fetched in hornet land.  I hope they get it turned around.  That's all I heard last year that the reason why hemphill struggled on defense last year was because of previous coaching.  Obama can only blame bush for so long.  People need to own up to the fact that are not the hemphill of ten years ago.  I will say no more about it because the proof is in the puddin'.  No disrespect intended.

Guest momof2hornets
[quote name="lumberjack4life" post="1264819" timestamp="1347121934"]
Desmond Lacey, senior QB and district MVP (2011) from West Sabine had an outstanding game passing and rushing. I believe he had 5 or 6 TD's. I know he want get the credit due, but he was amazing. He also verbally committed to Northwestern before the game and had interests from TCU, Sam Houston, SFA, La Tech, Missouri, and Lamar. Twine was shut down in the first half, but as the Tigers got a little winded he drove the ball a few times. He did not score all the TD's for hemphill. There was another kid, but I don't know his name. Lacey intercepted a ball Twine threw and ran it back about 80 yds. West Sabine has a new team and they're looking good for a 1A school that's underestimated.
[/quote]

I was sure Twine scored in the first quarter and 47 points isn't exactly what I call SHUT DOWN. Those words are over rated. Lacey played on a team with a little more talent than Hemphill. Enjoy the win.

The score was 52-14 at the half. Scoring 14 points in two quarters is totally being SHUT DOWN considering WS is a little 1A school and Hemphill is a 2A school. Yes, he did score in the second half, but they SHUT HIM DOWN enough to WIN the game. Twine is a great athlete and he was going to get his, this will happen all year. My point is, they didn't let him run over them like last year when he easily ran all those yards, so yes they shut him down!!! No one's trying to belittle the young man. I was at the game and I am being truthful, like it or not. Football is a team sport and it doesn't matter what numbers Twine put up alone, they GOT wooped.

By the way, WS has way more talent. Lacey could depend on many people on his team. This was obvious when WS played Beaumont Kelly also and won 60-21. Please don't try to degrade Lacey either cause he is a great athlete like Twine and he's going to get his too. I get it though, you're probably from Hemphill and bitter about the game. I understand. Anyway, WS will enjoy both of these wins and I hope they continue to win. I swear people think it's ok to talk about every athlete but Twine unless it's good, well you have a long year ahead of you. All athletes have to be ready to be critizied good or bad, but I didn't do that. All I said was they shut him down, meaning (compared to what he did last year ) they stopped him. Gosh!!! Have a coke and a smile!!!

Guest momof2hornets
Can you read? I didnt degrade anyone. In my post I said Lacey played on a team that had A LITTLE MORE TALENT THAN Hemphill.... So we are in agreement that WS was the more talented team this year, he had more help, more blocking, more defense and worthy of the "W", I'm not bitter at all. Just don't like intentional misinformation, cause he did score in the FIRST Qtr. Until Hemphill gets kids into the program that really want to play football, we are always going to struggle. On a totally different note, with the district not being open to transfers all those years (until recently) they have lost out on the possibility of getting some new talented kids in. Too little too late IMO.

Again...Congrats.

[quote name="greenhornet" post="1265193" timestamp="1347143347"]
Can you read? I didnt degrade anyone. In my post I said Lacey played on a team that had A LITTLE MORE TALENT THAN Hemphill.... So we are in agreement that WS was the more talented team this year, he had more help, more blocking, more defense and worthy of the "W", I'm not bitter at all. Just don't like intentional misinformation, cause he did score in the FIRST Qtr. Until Hemphill gets kids into the program that really want to play football, we are always going to struggle. On a totally different note, with the district not being open to transfers all those years (until recently) they have lost out on the possibility of getting some new talented kids in. Too little too late IMO.

Again...Congrats.
[/quote]
I agree with you.....thats why I kept saying about how hemphill can't blame their struggles on coaches......its not always the coaches fault.  You have almost a brand new coaching staff and you are still getting the same results you had under the previous staff......did some of the coaches probably need to go from the last staff....yes.  Can't always blame coaching.....thats why I kept saying it over and over.  Until you get kids who want to be "real" football players and commit....the hornets will not be any good.  They are too interested in hitting a baseball in hemphill right now and they could be good at both.  On top of lack of talent.....you have a lack of committment in HH. 

Having a master's degree is my assurance that I can read. I'm glad that we agree on some things. I am not in the business of misinforming. I know Twine is an athlete and he can't be shut out completely. He's a stud. Not what I meant at all. As stated before, it was a 360 degree turn from the yards he got last year. That's all I was saying. Just checked Lacey's stats and he accounted for 7 TD's. He ran 4 and threw 3. Amazing!!! Anyway, I love some football!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder