Nederland Fans

baddog

I heard that when they were going to expand the home side that they couldn't because of the street, so they moved home to the other side to make it bigger.

GO DOGS

[quote name="baddog" post="1263187" timestamp="1347054692"]
I arrive at games fairly early and was wondering how many people think the[b] home side should be moved back to where it was[/b]. Was the home side moved because of the press box? That sun sure is a killer.
[/quote]

When was it on the other side?  I know CO Wilson uses that as their home side, but as long as I have been alive Nederland has always been on the same sideline that it is now.

[quote name="coach pops" post="1264647" timestamp="1347105603"]
The home side was what is now the visitors side for many years. It was changed in the seventies because it couldn't be expanded because of Detroit Ave. Showing my age. :(
[/quote]

I remember watching games at Bulldog Stadium in the late 60's and I sure don't remember being on the other side. In the early 60's? Maybe. I saw some games back then but don't remember which side I was on.

[quote name="coach pops" post="1264647" timestamp="1347105603"]
The home side was what is now the visitors side for many years. [glow=red,2,300]It was changed in the seventies because it couldn't be expanded because of Detroit Ave. Showing my age. :([/glow][/quote]I did go to the games when I was 3yrs old but can not remember what side was home side ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder