Hamshire-Fannett End of Season Record Predictions

[quote name="SilentVoices" post="1259722" timestamp="1346710365"]
Personally, before Friday nights game against Splendora I had them at 3-7 by the end of the season. But with the loss against Splendora I think the Horns will have another upsetting 1-9 season in their future
[/quote]Unfortunately If they do not come together as a team, your predictions could become reality.

The bad thing about it is that they have so much potential but yet like the HF culture has been for the past 5 years, the parents are getting in the way and not letting the coach do his job. When you come out and throw an interception on the first play of the game the coach is going to want to make a change pretty quickly. He put the freshman in the game and the other players need to accept the fact that he is a solid athlete and not play the freshman string on him, they need to respect him as a player. On another note, the HF offense needs to work on the blocking ordeal they have going on with that O-Line. If they could hold a block they could work more around the run based game, which is where they are the strongest on because Brown is not getting to show his finest stuff because he is running into a sea of Defensive players because his linemen can't hold a block. As for the defense, they have a good depth to them but they need to form tackle more often because personally what I saw at the game against Splendora was arm tackles and shoulder tackles. One more thing I would like to touch on is the young man that sacked the QB in the game and caused a fumble. Granted to him that it was a good sack but if he hadn't got so fired up about it he might have realized that the QB fumbled the football and he had the prime opportunity to pick it up and run with it and possibly score a TD which could have possibly resulted in a different outcome of the game.

Y'all all sound like a bunch of women I hope they sell extra large tampons over there in HF. Grow up and let your kids be men and not women like all of you that are moaning for stupid reasons... Thank the lord my kid doesn't hang out with you guys.... If I wanted him to act like a woman I would send him with the volleyball team.

[quote name="12gage" post="1260774" timestamp="1346810129"]
The trouble with HF is not coaching, how about the parents who quit and take their kids to ozen , png , hj greener pastures "....."...great lesson in life when the going gets tough , leave
[/quote]

We all know who you are talking about.

[quote name="no-look" post="1260616" timestamp="1346803500"]
You guys predicting doom on a team after one game?
[/quote]All I am saying is there is too much division in the ranks. Coach harris needs to right the ship and get this team on the same page. If I were Coach Harris I would sit all of the boys down and show them the movie "FACING THE GIANTS". This teams needs some unity and what better way to do that than to ask the Lord to bless this team for his Glory.

[quote name="SilentVoices" post="1259722" timestamp="1346710365"]
Personally, before Friday nights game against Splendora I had them at 3-7 by the end of the season. But with the loss against Splendora I think the Horns will have another upsetting 1-9 season in their future
[/quote]
Silent voices is that an oxymoron?  You will move as did the Dove so do it ASAP so the true Longhorns can battle for what ever form of success that can be reached.

Let the man coach and do his job. We have alot of talent coming up lets see how it goes. We may never be able to compete against WOS and Silsbee but you never know. It is a game and you never can tell whats going to happen in a game with kids playing!!!! As for the parents out there tell your kid to play as hard as they can and never give up!!! As for all you transplants that have moved in get on board or go back to where you came from!!! My question to you is why did you choose to move in our area? Why didn't you stay in your hometown? GO HORNS!!!!!!!!

[quote name="Horns89" post="1261027" timestamp="1346859147"]
Let the man coach and do his job. We have alot of talent coming up lets see how it goes. We may never be able to compete against WOS and Silsbee but you never know. It is a game and you never can tell whats going to happen in a game with kids playing!!!! As for the parents out there tell your kid to play as hard as they can and never give up!!! As for all you transplants that have moved in get on board or go back to where you came from!!! My question to you is why did you choose to move in our area? Why didn't you stay in your hometown? GO HORNS!!!!!!!!
[/quote] Man that's going "HARD TO THE PAINT", I agree with your statment though. Good Luck Horns  8) ;D

All I can say being an outsider (WO-S) is that the Horns ALWAYS play hard the past three seasons that I have seen them. They may be out-manned but they play hard. They are in a tough district with us, Silsbee, and BC (3 teams that where once bigger schools). Wish them the best of luck against everyone except us :)

[/quote]This right here is the problem in HF.  All transplants, as you call them, are ostracized by the locals. No matter how hard they try to "get on board" they hit road blocks set up by people with the same "our town" mentality that you have.  Believe me, they do tell their kids to play hard and never give up, but, its not enough because after all, they are the transplant kids.  These kids didn't choose to live here, however, their parents brought them here for various reasons......better education, job transfer, wanting a new start, etc.  Your "go back to where you came from" attitude is what these families live with everyday!!!!! 

The people that I have been involved with that have moved into the area are not always complaining. They have tried to get more involved and are working on turning the programs around. Yes I don't always agree with the coaches but all I can do is sit back and trust their decisions. We have had some good athletes move in that have helped the programs out but most of them moved in and their parent got involved.

Ok, I’ll get drawn in only because I would like to see family and friends at HF succeed academically and sports. Here it is. The athletes in your school usually set the tone at your school through peer pressure. Who at your school has the most effect on your athletes? Not your school board, principle, or super. The Coaches have the responsibility of teaching integrity, honesty, team work, not to back away from hard work on the field and in the class room, to fight through problem on the field and in life, to come up with a game plan and everyone fight to carry out the game plan. Now with that being said, if you don’t think your coaches are doing that you address it in private face to face and figure out as a community which direction to go and yourself fight to go in that direction even if you don't totally agree. If you go behind the scenes and head in a different direction then everyone else, your breaking down your community and your kids will follow the parents lead. If your administration has hired that many bad coaches you need to find leaders and elect them. Your community needs to find a leader that will find a consent of the community and everyone head in the same direction, you can adjust the direction after you get everyone on board if needed. God bless you and your community.

[/quote]Being an HF resident and longhorn supporter I can say I don't agree with this thought process.  We are a small community and I personally believe all families, transplant and local, are vital to our community thriving. We should never push anyone away.  You ask why did they choose to move in our area?  I say, why not?

[quote name="HF Bball" post="1261219" timestamp="1346871743"]
[quote author=Horns89 link=topic=102525.msg1261027#msg1261027 date=1346859147]
[/quote]Being an HF resident and longhorn supporter I can say I don't agree with this thought process.  We are a small community and I personally believe all families, transplant and local, are vital to our community thriving. We should never push anyone away.  You ask why did they choose to move in our area?  I say, why not?
[/quote]Amen to that

Ok here goes from my screen name 99% of you from HF will know who I am! I'm not here to bash anyone or any school. All I'm asking is to give these boys your best! What does that mean how about no more negative talk. Vince Lombardi once said winning is contagious but so Is Losing! You really want to make a difference in some young men's lives then show up Friday at the first official tailgate party in North parking lot food and drinks available. Also, instead of showing Facing the Giants we will be showing games from 1950s til the present! Good old fashioned Longhorn football! So instead of sitting on here writing about it let's do something about it. I don't care where you have moved from your welcome anytime to me your now a longhorn. Tailgating starts at 5pm then at 6:30 we will be forming an old fashioned victory line.
Remember a house is only as good as its foundation and we the community we are that foundation for this team let's get the cracks out!

that is very well said randy and i am not here to hide are bash anyone either but think about Men woman boys and girls we are here for the kids lets lift them so they can feel the victory randy said it right by saying winning is contagious but so is losing so lets help these young men get the winning fever

Thanks
Larry LeBlanc

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder