Hull-Daisetta at Hardin Game Thread/H-D wins 23-6!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1257076" timestamp="1346467184"]
HD Nation!! Bobcats were too much for the Hornets tonight. Smash mouth, physical, ball-control offense is the name of the game in Bobcat Land. Good luck to Hardin and congrats to the Bobcats on starting off the season with a win. Great job boys!!
[/quote]
Is Huckabay the OC at HD?

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Cat22" post="1257250" timestamp="1346469254"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=102352.msg1257076#msg1257076 date=1346467184]
HD Nation!! Bobcats were too much for the Hornets tonight. Smash mouth, physical, ball-control offense is the name of the game in Bobcat Land. Good luck to Hardin and congrats to the Bobcats on starting off the season with a win. Great job boys!!
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes

[quote name="First Down" post="1257271" timestamp="1346469560"]
[quote author=Cat22 link=topic=102352.msg1257250#msg1257250 date=1346469254]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=102352.msg1257076#msg1257076 date=1346467184]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes
[/quote]
He's a great addition to the HD staff!

Guest hardin01
Looking like my 0-10 prediction for the Hornets has started off just about right.

NO suprise here.

No talent pool, no size, no skill. Long season once again for us Hardin folk. Can't wait until 2020 - 2024.

Amazing kids coming up!!

Well... just want to say great job H-D Bobcats! You Bobcats played and defeated your heated 40 plus year rival Hardin, a town just a few miles away. Everyone knows those rivalry games are intense and emotional. Also you Bobcats defeated a 2A team that most people on this site said you would lose to. Now you will hear how Hardin is terrible and 1A 25 kids H-D, better have beat them. Remember these same folks called H-D garbage during the week. Haters find people to hate on. Hardin I tip my hat to yall. Your future is bright with Coach Fortune. H-D Bobcats we looked sharp and salty in the first half. I seen a well disciplined team with alot of talent friday night. Probably the most talented depth H-D has had since the 90's. Quality backups to go with athletic skilled starters. I do feel our stamina is a work in progress and if we were in midseason stamina form, that second half would have had some scores for H-D. The lose of starting center Brice McClutsky at the half hurt us. As the season moves on, H-D will get better. Let's not forget, all new Coaches and a totally new system to learn and execute. Every game and every snap them Bobcats are getting better. Finney/Huckaby ball is here, the HD pride and tradition is back. H-D NATION will bring the fight to your team!! As a whole we looked sharp and hard nosed, some players that shined were Dustin Welch, Darrell Lavalais, Austin Edmondson, Tyler Drake and the whole offensive line. I would love to see Garrett Hickman run the ball more and Huckaby to get moved to backup QB. Never know. Chris Herman is a great player and athlete, he is powerful, he should be in the trenches. Huckaby was a beast on defense. Please keep Brice McClutsky in your players, I did hear he was going to be ok. H-D NATION!  8)

Congrats HD,  they looked good last night and much improved over the last few years.  Hardin looked horrible, but I believe they are better then last years team,  last year wil did not tackle , and we would have lost to HD by 50 if this was their team last year.  Hardin needs to find a way , I think Coach Fortune is taking the right steps and it will take time to get these boys in the right direction.  Keep your head up and keep working

What I saw last night was two teams with zero speed. Both offenses were very predictable, HD just had the size to pull theirs off. Hardin tried to spread it out but doesn't have the QB or receivers to do it. HD ran a 1975, pile everybody up in the middle and smash it, I was waiting for them to set up in the wishbone. This won't work against the championship teams of today. Now, I do except that HD didn't need to try anything else and probably have more than they showed. As for Hardin, seeing that Kountze and Warren both had big wins last night, we better improve very quickly.

[quote name="bushpilot" post="1257846" timestamp="1346512965"]
What I saw last night was two teams with zero speed. Both offenses were very predictable, HD just had the size to pull theirs off. Hardin tried to spread it out but doesn't have the QB or receivers to do it. HD ran a 1975, pile everybody up in the middle and smash it, I was waiting for them to set up in the wishbone. This won't work against the championship teams of today. Now, I do except that HD didn't need to try anything else and probably have more than they showed. As for Hardin, seeing that Kountze and Warren both had big wins last night, we better improve very quickly.
[/quote]Did you see #22 for HD? He has speed and even broke a big run for like 50 yards. H-D was very vanilla. Finney and Huckaby are both seasoned playoff Coaches, they handle the championship teams. Also #21 for Hardin is fast. Slot T offense is centered around your fullback. 3-4 yards and a pile of dust, ball control.

The goal for all is improvement,  Both teams have a few athletes.  #22 for HD did a good job.  I thought Edmundson played well.    #21 for Hardin is quick.  Hardin has some adjustments to make on personel, No excuses, HD put it on em.  The Senior WR for Hardin is not playing this year, #5 is a junior and played mostly CB last year and a few reps at WR, and will get better. HD did a good job, keeping him away from the ball last night. The QB played WR last year.  Keep working and good luck to both teams.

When I say speed I'm comparing it to what Hardin will see the rest of the year. Newton will have linemen faster than Hardin and HD's skilled guys. I'm hearing kountze has great team speed this year, they're doing something right by beating a decent 3A school last night. I don't consider one kid on each side with average speed gives anyone the right to say they have speed. I'm not dogging on HD or Hardin, I'm just being a realist.

We will see how fast Kountze is in about 6 days when the Lions come to Daisetta. I don't think HD has any true burners this year either but the have good overall team speed on defense. In this offense you don't have to have a ton of speed to move the ball. I honestly don't think Hardin is as bad as everyone thinks and that maybe HD is really a little better than anyone is giving them credit for. HD moved the ball on Warren the exact same way in their scrimmage and shut down Beaumont Kelly's offense just like they did Hardin. Next week will be a great test for both Hull-Daisetta and Kountze.

[quote name="mfd814" post="1257883" timestamp="1346514749"]
The goal for all is improvement,  Both teams have a few athletes.  #22 for HD did a good job.  I thought Edmundson played well.    #21 for Hardin is quick.  Hardin has some adjustments to make on personel, No excuses, HD put it on em.  The Senior WR for Hardin is not playing this year, #5 is a junior and played mostly CB last year and a few reps at WR, and will get better. HD did a good job, keeping him away from the ball last night. The QB played WR last year.  Keep working and good luck to both teams.
[/quote]You are right, it will get better, good luck to both teams.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1257984" timestamp="1346520416"]
We will see how fast Kountze is in about 6 days when the Lions come to Daisetta. I don't think HD has any true burners this year either but the have good overall team speed on defense. In this offense you don't have to have a ton of speed to move the ball. I honestly don't think Hardin is as bad as everyone thinks and that maybe HD is really a little better than anyone is giving them credit for. HD moved the ball on Warren the exact same way in their scrimmage and shut down Beaumont Kelly's offense just like they did Hardin. Next week will be a great test for both Hull-Daisetta and Kountze.
[/quote]Just saying, but Kountze should win big against HD. Ktz has too many athletes on both sides of the ball. Especially if HD runs the offense I'm hearing they do, they'll never score enough points to beat Kountze

[quote name="bullsonparade" post="1258269" timestamp="1346541665"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=102352.msg1258173#msg1258173 date=1346534944]
Why don't you show up next week and we will all watch it together. HD is for real
[/quote]
Lol if HD is for real they would've put 40+ on Hardin.
[/quote]Can't wait for HD to beat this globe trotter basketball team! And then this CLOWN can disappear off this website because he is an embarrassed clown. lmao!  ;D Nobody can beat the globe trotters!!!!!!! lmao!  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder